Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

abraxas posted:

There's loads of great stuff in every Batsu but I have to say my favorite part, by far, are always the desk drawers. They never fail to make me laugh, even if they have absolutely nothing in them. Apart from the obvious stuff like Matsumotos drawer blowing up in the Newspaper Batsu and the Hamada doll, I love it when they pull one open, fully expecting something awful to happen and all that happens is a single pen rolls out like it's nothing. Cracks me up like crazy!

This always gets me to. Knowing that they constantly expect the worst and then open the desk to see it filled with woman's underwear is hilarious.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Gordong Dongbay posted:

There is a lot of stuff that gets cut out in the broadcasting of the games. You gotta remember, they have 24 hours and probably more of footage so if a prank doesn't get a really funny reaction they will probably cut it out considering they have to get the show down to about 6 hours or so. I would imagine that some of the button stuff doesn't quite get them so they leave it out.

Also yeah he does ham it up. While the games are 100% real to my knowledge and they don't know whats happening going in they still are also comedians and know when a certain situation needs to be exaggerated to get that extra effect. I think that is why so many people love the bits of them just sitting around and talking because it seems so real compared to some of the more over the top stunts they work into the program.

My favorite part from any batsu though has to be in hospital where the guy kept coming back with cups of pee. Watching him spill it all over the place while trying to hand it to them was loving hilarious.

Well yeah. I'm not expecting them to show every little thing. I'm just saying it makes me wonder what the other buttons or dvds or what have you did.

And I'm sure it's done for comedic effect, but Yamasaki is just so drat good at looking like he's honest-to-god terrified of that slap (and let's be frank, if you were about to get open-palm slapped by a six foot tall, 240 pound professional wrestler, it would be at least a little difficult to not get somewhat scared).

The guy with the urine "samples" was great. I like how he almost always tried to hand it to Matsumoto or Hamada.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Now here comes the fun part...
Chono feelin' around with the fake blindfold and calling out Yamasaki's name specifically was the funniest poo poo

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
The "certain member goes ignored" gag that went on for several batsu continues to crack me up. Mostly Yamazaki the subject of that, for a good reason, perfect face for the reaction.

And I've started to understand the High school and Police references better over the years and man does it enhance it.

And here's a good old time from Yugawara, Matsumoto at his best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZX29pLmX_w&t=11m14s

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

MrLonghair posted:

And here's a good old time from Yugawara, Matsumoto at his best: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hZX29pLmX_w&t=11m14s

God, why haven't I watched the Yugawara Hot Springs batsu? That nonsense was hilarious.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
The riding crops were easily the most brutal punishment. The blowdarts were one thing and really because of the nature of the batsu they didn't get 100+ darts in their rear end(I think Matsumoto had the most and he was at 50some) but the crops are insane. The shinai from High School are right behind them. The clubs they used from Police-now I think were brought in because of the amount of laughs they were getting. You really have to swing for the fences and/or hit the sweet spot to really get a painful hit from the clubs but those crops were just 100% guaranteed to hurt like hell.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

I remember in No Laughing High School, one of the punishers broke the shinai he was using because he swung so hard. Seeing that illicited one of those laughs that was a mix of "that was hilarious" and "holy poo poo what just happened". That really had to hurt, though.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Hamada stepping on Endo's back was really bad. Yeesh.

All-time worst is Matsumoto's 3 Thai kicks in a row during Hospital.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Crotch Bat posted:

All-time worst is Matsumoto's 3 Thai kicks in a row during Hospital.

Haha but the uncontrolled farting afterwards was hilarious as hell. Farts are always funny, I guess I'm really just 12 instead of 30 :v:

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011
Shinai really, REALLY hurt. I used to practice kendo and some idiot hit me on the head on the way to the shower. I got a concussion. There is a reason we use armor, man!

My favorite moment of these big batsu games doesn't even come from one of the five. It was Onishi in Highschool.

"Say 20 in english" "Uhhhh... Ten.... Ten... Ten-ten"
-----
"Say 100 in english" "Ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten-ten"

To this day, I can distinguish if Onishi is playing it for laughs, or he really is an idiot.

WonderfulWino
Sep 26, 2004

The grape wont cut me loose.
My favorite part of all the Batsu games is the time Matsumoto tells the story about Hamada not knowing about mayonnaise on bread.

Seen it a thousand times and it always makes me laugh.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Really, for all the elaborate stuff, the funniest parts are when they're trying to get each other out (or in Matsumoto's case, trying to get the others out and laughing himself).

Poor Miserable Gurgi
Dec 29, 2006

He's a wisecracker!
Decided to catch up on the Batsus I hadn't seen yet with the new one coming out. Loved Spy, despite a couple areas that dragged.

The biggest laugh had to come from the inevitable Chono cameo. Not even the slap or the build up to it, but Yamasaki's face when he first sees the guy enter the room and his slow turn toward Matsumoto. The girl group sketch that lep up to it was pretty good, too. Makes me want to see some shows with all these female comedians that keep showing up.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

So a quick update per zurui:

- they have found a suitable raw file and have started subbing
- they will release the subs in 1hr segments and then the .rear end once the whole thing is finished

They've got a few raws up at that site(google for Gaki no Tsukai if you don't know it, I'm not linking for :filez: reasons) if you feel so inclined to watch.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO
Some of my most favorite moments are when Yamasaki gets dressed up in something ridiculous. It was amazing when all he had to do in the samurai toothbrush stache costume was to change his posture a little bit to make everyone else crack up. Also when he panicked and paced around in his Kintaro costume; that poo poo was hilarious.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

This thread made me want to rewatch some batsu games and I found the one with the Police Station. I'm still amazed about the female coroner didn't crack even once when she was hitting those "Corpses" with pies, slipper and the like. Amazing.

Medieval Medic
Sep 8, 2011

TV Zombie posted:

This thread made me want to rewatch some batsu games and I found the one with the Police Station. I'm still amazed about the female coroner didn't crack even once when she was hitting those "Corpses" with pies, slipper and the like. Amazing.

She really is something else, isn't she? Not even super sadist Hamada could resist that.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

Ayako Nishikawa is hilarious every time she shows up during a batsu game, but man, I feel deeply sorry for the "corpses", or in the case of No Laughing Hospital, "people under anesthesia".

Interesting note: She actually is a plastic surgeon. I'm sure she doesn't use hot candle wax to test if you're under anesthesia when you go to her for surgery... I hope. :ohdear:

Be Depressive
Jul 8, 2006
"The drawings of the girls are badly proportioned and borderline pedo material. But"
Holyshit, I am watching the No Reaction Pie Hell Batsu from 2002 and it's maybe the funniest thing I've ever seen. I can't believe this was around for 10 years before I even knew about it. Thank you, internet, thank you.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

Shlapintogan posted:

Ayako Nishikawa is hilarious every time she shows up during a batsu game, but man, I feel deeply sorry for the "corpses", or in the case of No Laughing Hospital, "people under anesthesia".

Could you please provide a link to a subbed version of this Batsu game or just this scene?

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
The first 30 minutes of Airport is already subbed. They really are working at an amazing pace so far. I'm refraining from watching them because I want to wait for the whole thing, is the quality on par with Shibata?

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Gordong Dongbay posted:

The first 30 minutes of Airport is already subbed. They really are working at an amazing pace so far. I'm refraining from watching them because I want to wait for the whole thing, is the quality on par with Shibata?

Haha, checked the site like an hour ago and nothing new came up. And yea, they only got started on the 5th. At this rate it's practically an hour a week which would be crazy fast. I don't think they'll go quite that fast but it'd be awesome if they did.

I'll dive in and watch now and report back. Seems like they're doing a good thing in releasing them as is now and giving some time to go back and catch anything that fell through the cracks before they release the final .rear end file.

e: first 5 minutes look great. Excellent English and even proper punctuation and comma usage. Nice font and the usual colors. I think the sub will be great when it's all finished.

Crotch Bat fucked around with this message at 08:46 on Jan 9, 2012

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

I'm a good 2/3 through Airport, and it's a whole lot funnier than Spy (in my opinion). A lot more of them loving with each other in the room, higher quality skits, less semi-obscure to very-obscure Japanese musical cameos that are nigh impossible for a westerner to understand. Also, Matsumoto swinging a bag of piss. :staredog:

edit: also easily the best/most desk action yet
edit2: this is nearing Jackass-tier of butt humor

WHATEVS SISTER fucked around with this message at 10:06 on Jan 9, 2012

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Just got done with the first 30 and I'm in stitches. Basically once they set foot on the bus it's amazing(and some before due to Fujiwara's usual problems). If the next 5.5 hours are anything like the start it might be the best one they've done since Newspaper.

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Crotch Bat posted:

Just got done with the first 30 and I'm in stitches. Basically once they set foot on the bus it's amazing(and some before due to Fujiwara's usual problems). If the next 5.5 hours are anything like the start it might be the best one they've done since Newspaper.

That is good to hear. A lot of people were on the Gaki English fan site saying this one was one of the worst they had done. Of course it's hard to take their opinion as anything worth while because the majority of them want nothing but obscure Japanese stuff so they feel like they are special.

Really glad to hear that the subbing is up to par. I had faith that the new team would pick up the slack but if it's Shibata quality then that's even better.

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

TV Zombie posted:

Could you please provide a link to a subbed version of this Batsu game or just this scene?

There's a link to gakifiles in the OP, but sure, here it is again: http://gakifiles.blogspot.com/p/complete-download-list-page.html

The ones you want are No Laughing Police and No Laughing Hospital.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Gordong Dongbay posted:

That is good to hear. A lot of people were on the Gaki English fan site saying this one was one of the worst they had done.
Yeah, there's no way that is true beyond that forum. Airport has got to be one of the most enjoyable/accessible for a non-Japanese viewer, with or without subtitles. I really enjoy the non-skit, non-musical number scenes with just the 5 of them loving each other over nonstop, so maybe take what I say with a grain of salt too.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Watched the first 3 hours. Laughs are definitely on pace with Newspaper and just as quality. I think this is the most fun they've had at one since Newspaper, too. They really seem to have a different air about them and some of their own laughs are some of the hardest, most genuine ones I've seen in awhile. The Matsumoto one after he sees Hamada's gorilla passport is a good example.

Hotel doesn't get a lot of replay in my rotation and I think I've seen Spy somewhere between 2-3 times since it came out a year ago but this one already looks like one that will make it into my regular rotation and that's with my feeble knowledge of Japanese and not full subs. WHATEVS is dead on in this being very watchable for non-Japanese viewers or those who don't even have subs.

WHATEVS SISTER
Feb 20, 2003

Shin-Onii is loving unstoppable.

Wrestlepig
Feb 25, 2011

my mum says im cool

Toilet Rascal
Someone on Youtube subbed a section from the desk waiting period involving Matsumoto's piss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932h_T6dWAg&feature=related

It's a much worse translation than the gakifiles subs but it gets the message across.

Arschlochkind
Mar 29, 2010

:stare:

Psalmanazar posted:

Someone on Youtube subbed a section from the desk waiting period involving Matsumoto's piss

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=932h_T6dWAg&feature=related

It's a much worse translation than the gakifiles subs but it gets the message across.

hahaha a related video shows that they finally made a Matsumoto doll! Amazing.

edit: And he makes it do a backflip!

Doctor Hospital
Jul 16, 2011

what

So I was looking around and I found this on Youtube.

Hello Morning: Morning Musume, Chiaki, and Yamasaki Hosei

Yamasaki really likes strawberries. :stare:

SUPER HASSLER
Jan 31, 2005

Got done with the whole thing this afternoon in one long YT session. I have trouble deciding whether Rola and her attack dog, or Matsuko Deluxe were the most hilarious sketches.

The entirety of the "labor negotiations" bit is certainly going to please you if you dig Japanese comedy-as-torture too.

Gabriel Grub
Dec 18, 2004
Yoshio Kojima does Beyonce.

http://dai.ly/Ax1KYw

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master
The second half hour of the airport with subs is now up on gakifiles.

abraxas
Apr 6, 2004

"It's a Yuletide!"

Taratang posted:

Man, I haven't watched any of them yet because I want to watch the full thing when it's done but they are really pushing these out incredibly quickly. I'm glad the subs are of good quality as some people have been reporting in here and they want to go over them again and correct minor mistakes when they release the complete sub file. That's a full hour in 2 weeks (or less than 2 weeks, even) pretty much. I wonder if they can keep up the pace.. it must start wearing on you eventually.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Taratang posted:

It says the 2nd half hour is still being translated.

Taratang
Sep 4, 2002

Grand Master

iastudent posted:

It says the 2nd half hour is still being translated.
Refresh? I've just downloaded it.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Taratang posted:

Refresh? I've just downloaded it.

I didn't see it on this page, that's why. Time to download!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Watched the first 60 mins of airport Batsu, laughed in tears most of the time. It's definitely on par with the previous ones so far.