Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Your Personal Muse
Oct 5, 2010

what a cool dude
Hawk Hogan the Yeti is ready to job out to a gremlin

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

IDOLA
Sep 17, 2005

:-)
Galk rendogut is ready to rock!

Chariot
Aug 24, 2010
The Tickler is ready to do otherwise. :downsgun:

Anticheese
Feb 13, 2008

$60,000,000 sexbot
:rodimus:

Schrödinger is ready to find out if he's alive or dead after this match!

Apparently tigermen can single-handedly wield two-handed swords

PureRok
Mar 27, 2010

Good as new.

Anticheese posted:

Schrödinger is ready to find out if he's alive or dead after this match!

Apparently tigermen can single-handedly wield two-handed swords

Yep. So can werewolves and everything larger, I believe.

Pittsburgh Lambic
Feb 16, 2011
Hungry Mungry sat down to dine.

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
Vox, do previous tournament winners get to use their free items in this tourney because I can't actually find anything regarding the free gold shield/whatever when I outfit my fighter.

Tirius
Aug 16, 2007

A short, sturdy creature fond of drink and industry.
Alright, Kitten Mittens is ready to crush some skulls!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

TheWhaler posted:

Vox, do previous tournament winners get to use their free items in this tourney because I can't actually find anything regarding the free gold shield/whatever when I outfit my fighter.

I decided to cut it down to the point that only the winner(s) of the immediately previous tournament get bonus gear, so only Bene Elim gets his champion's equipment for this round.

Currently 3 or so people entered in the battle royale. Let's get it up to ~10 for a suitably gruesome event!

Goatie
Jul 8, 2010
There's something that I've been curious about that I see on the website: Betting. I've looked through both threads and every page of the arena site, but I can't find any actual information on it. So I ask this:

What's up with Betting? What/Who exactly are we betting on? What are we wagering with? Who is capable of betting? Is there any real reward for betting?

Just... I'm a bit confused with it being blatantly right there, yet there's absolutely /no/ information that I can find about it.

PublicOpinion
Oct 21, 2010

Her style is new but the face is the same as it was so long ago...

Goatie posted:

There's something that I've been curious about that I see on the website: Betting. I've looked through both threads and every page of the arena site, but I can't find any actual information on it. So I ask this:

What's up with Betting? What/Who exactly are we betting on? What are we wagering with? Who is capable of betting? Is there any real reward for betting?

Just... I'm a bit confused with it being blatantly right there, yet there's absolutely /no/ information that I can find about it.

Here's the link to BadMunki's betting explanation from the previous thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3326801&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#post379527495

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

The Badgerconda entered the brawl!

A good poster
Jan 10, 2010
Mark me down as ready to start.

Jimmy4400nav
Apr 1, 2011

Ambassador to Moonlandia
I think I got a good build for my ant woman. I just want to make it past the first round, then I can feel like I've accomplished something in life.

Clanrat
Jan 24, 2010
Aeiou is equipped and ready to chop some heads off. (Hopefully not his own)

resistentialism
Aug 13, 2007

Jimmy4400nav posted:

I think I got a good build for my ant woman. I just want to make it past the first round, then I can feel like I've accomplished something in life.

I went with 2 spears, 2 shields, some skills??? and zero testing

John Charity Spring
Nov 4, 2009

SCREEEEE
Testing is for cowards.

AXE COP
Apr 16, 2010

i always feel like

somebody's watching me
Four arms allows me to use a battleaxe AND a warhammer simultaneously. Versatility is key, unlike testing and that silly macro business.

CrazyJesus
Jun 6, 2008
My tigerman is ready to roll, I just hope this blind build I assigned for him will pay off later.

(It most likely won't.)

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Brometheus the Werebro is ready to wreck face with his superior skills and talents. And awesome fashion sense as well, of course.

Anchors
Nov 27, 2007
My betting in the last tournament quickly left me broke and destitute.

Now that I've got all that losing out of the way, putting absolutely no points into anything in an attempt to get the most out of that sweet, sweet 20% interest rate will surely pay off big.

Bozikek
Jul 22, 2007
My build is maximized for cruelty if my mino happens to fight someone smaller then him.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I decided to try the testing thing and I figured out how to make creatures, give them skills and equip them, but how do I make them fight?

Metamucil
May 10, 2011

Adus posted:

I decided to try the testing thing and I figured out how to make creatures, give them skills and equip them, but how do I make them fight?

They should get right to the killing as long as they can see each other. Make sure that you don't have them assigned to teams. Or at least that they're on separate teams.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
TED the gremlin is going to show them what-for! :black101:

Or get hit by something's first swing and end up a fine mist, but I guess that's part of the fun.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Metamucil posted:

They should get right to the killing as long as they can see each other. Make sure that you don't have them assigned to teams. Or at least that they're on separate teams.

You're right, they were on the same team. Thanks.

Adus fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 26, 2011

Orv
May 4, 2011
Ben Mattock is ready to go.

As many people seem to have, I'm going into this only with knowledge gained from past tournaments. I suspect this is going to lead to the terrible and bloody murder of a full half of all fighters.

Go get 'em, boy. :3:

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction
Whoo. The dice have chosen my character, and ol' Brock is going at it with a Maul and shield. Let's get it on.

ImperialGuard
Jan 10, 2010
Got my probably-not-as-unorthodox-as-I-think build hashed out. I can only hope the RNG gods are kind.

Krysmphoenix
Jul 29, 2010

ImperialGuard posted:

I can only hope the RNG gods are kind.
HA! Kind. Pfft. Don't make me laugh.

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
You can't hope the RNG gods are kind. You can merely hope they're more unpleasant to the other guy.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
Glad to see people finishing up their tournament builds! We currently only have three people entered in the battle royale fight. If you missed the initial sign-ups and are reading this right now, go ahead and make a free-for-all fighter! You've got nothing to lose, and a lot of glory to earn! I'm going to go ahead and give the winner of the battle royale, who earns the right of participating in the tournament at large, a special prize that will aid them in the tournament.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
The Anti-Life Equation?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Will betting on the Battle Royale be available?

I ride bikes all day
Sep 10, 2007

I shitposted in the same thread for 2 years and all I got was this red text av. Ask me about my autism!

College Slice
Ko the Bold armed and ready to get stepped on.

TheWhaler
Nov 6, 2009
Alright, after a bit of frantic re-designing, I'm ready as well!

By the way, is it possible to rename my fighter to Midas' Touch? It would fit the new theme of my minotaur a bit better.

Kwathi
Nov 7, 2010

You do not, under any circumstances, "gotta hand it to the Cult of the Crushing Wave."
Ethelgreen the Unready is, well, I stuck a label on his weapon saying "Stick this in the other guys" and gave him a big thumbs up, so he's good to go, I guess. Oh! If his opponent could point out where they keep their vital organs when he gets there, that would be brilliant, thanks.

GreenMarine
Apr 25, 2009

Switchblade Switcharoo
Robin Walker the Thrice Damned has entered the lists that he might find a glorious death among the champions of blood!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I spent a lot of time testing against Minotars before I read about the bug. I was about to complain about how overpowered they seemed.

So no more testing. Just going to send The Bulbous Loaf blindly into the breach. Maybe a yeti will die by choking on one of his bones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

TheWhaler posted:

By the way, is it possible to rename my fighter to Midas' Touch? It would fit the new theme of my minotaur a bit better.

Sure, I've gone ahead and done that.

• Locked thread