Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coward
Sep 10, 2009

I say we take off and surrender unconditionally from orbit.

It's the only way to be sure

I ummed and ahhed over it, mainly because I was worried about sniper duels, but I will take the Senator's advice!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Grandmaster kicking on a naked snakeman with a single Slade boot on his tail? That's gotta be terrifying to see hopping at you.

We call him The Whip.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004

Bad Munki posted:

We call him The Whip.

Just call me Daniel Larusso. Gonna loving crane kick some bitches.

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Hey, the macro and new arena setup seems to have at least one problem - I redownloaded Love and it enters OAKEN HELMS instead of OAKEN HELM, which prevents the autocomplete from working.

EDIT: I can't seem to make any wooden high boots or gauntlets either.

Tunicate fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Sep 15, 2014

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Big thanks to ZeeToo for his help and suggestions - my fighter's all set to die horribly go!

atomicthumbs
Dec 26, 2010

We're in the business of extending man's senses.

Space Bat posted:

Dear members of Team 9, in honor of our evenly distribution of height I'm temporarily naming our team Misleading Bar Graph. Please feel free to change this, I just wanted to stop being Team 9. Also, as mentioned, feel free to add me on Skype if you need to chat, pun pundit and I have already touched base.

Yeti Chan has a pair of leather pants and is ready to take on all comers, who despite outnumbering him inevitably only attack one at a time.

atomicthumbs fucked around with this message at 02:42 on Sep 15, 2014

Space Bat
Apr 17, 2009

hold it now hold it now hold it right there
you wouldn't drop, couldn't drop diddy, you wouldn't dare

atomicthumbs posted:

Yeti Chan has a pair of leather pants and is ready to take on all comers, who despite outnumbering him inevitably only attack one at a time.

I figured you'd be going for something like that, ha. Works for me.

Edit: I'm also going to steal Purestrain Adamantium. We will crush the inverted Triangle of the short, lame and annoying for freedom.

Space Bat fucked around with this message at 03:38 on Sep 15, 2014

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

I have no confidence in my team whatsoever, and I hope we at least make for an interesting and amusing fight against someone more competent :colbert:

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Oh come on Neurion. Many of the worlds greatest triumphs have been because of amazing incompetence! It is a winning strategy! And if it helps, our other two teammates are really really big.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

VladTheEater posted:

If you could purge Goldzilla, Antrea and The Cretan Cretin, that would be great. Thanks!

Done.

Tunicate posted:

Hey, the macro and new arena setup seems to have at least one problem - I redownloaded Love and it enters OAKEN HELMS instead of OAKEN HELM, which prevents the autocomplete from working.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'll have a look at it.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Tunicate posted:

I've looked into it, and... it doesn't seem to be a problem with the macro, but instead it seems that wooden armor just doesn't appear in the arena in 40.11. This was not the case in earlier versions.

I've tried playing around with the raws to enable it, but no luck yet. We might have to disallow wood armor for this tournament. :smith: Wooden weapons and shields work just fine, though.

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
Argh! My build! Now I have to swap out my breastplate for leather.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I really should check to see if Tigermen actually bite people but :effort:

Ghostwoods
May 9, 2013

Say "Cheese!"
My fellow 11-ites, I've taken the liberty of renaming us to Team Legs, given our massively-skewed arm-leg ratio. Please feel free to change it to something else!

May Armok have mercy on our poor, doomed souls.

fluppet
Feb 10, 2009
So how many fighters are we waiting on?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus
I have a problem running macros in the arena. I will run the one to create my fighter. Then I will try and run one for say one of my teammates. This results in a fighter of the same race I am and my equipment but the macro I'm trying to use's skills. What am I doing wrong.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
CTRL+L and then down arrow to find the next macro, then CTRL+P to play it right?

Do not click on anything or move to a new window with the mouse or alt+tab because that will screw it up.

If you want, you can email me the macros and I can try it if you want.

I dont know what division you are in, so if you are in mine there are other commissioners who will take a look for you.

Edit: Do either fighters have wooden armor? If so, that macro will not work. Wood armor doesn't work in this version.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Spermy Smurf posted:

CTRL+L and then down arrow to find the next macro, then CTRL+P to play it right?

Do not click on anything or move to a new window with the mouse or alt+tab because that will screw it up.

If you want, you can email me the macros and I can try it if you want.

I dont know what division you are in, so if you are in mine there are other commissioners who will take a look for you.

Edit: Do either fighters have wooden armor? If so, that macro will not work. Wood armor doesn't work in this version.

That is how I am playing them, and not doing anything while they are running. I really don't know what could be going wrong. It just makes testing my fighter against other fighters(such as the ones on my team) annoying because I have to manually reset race and then blank out the equipment and manually add the right equipment in.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
You are in my division. Huh.

I can take a look with you if you want, or one of the other guys can try to help. It might be a Jazz problem.

Does the same thing happen if you run the macros in different orders?

HerpicleOmnicron5
May 31, 2013

How did this smug dummkopf ever make general?

Ignite Memories posted:

Guys we need a name. We can't be team 6. I put up a placeholder in case we can get any corporate sponsorship but we should really come up with something.

We should've had a name, The Sausage Fest? And we don't have to co-ordinate, just stab folks with weapons and we'll not lose.

gbuchold
Oct 7, 2007

We feel free because we lack the very language to articulate our unfreedom.
Pillbug
I took the test spirit of the tournament to heart or at least that's my excuse and my gladiator's build is based on some neat new things you can do in Adventurer mode but I don't know if the AI is smart enough to use them yet. So either I get some rad dramatic kills or my guy dies like a chump, over and over again!

Dwarf Fortress Arena Challenge: No Gimmick Too lovely

e: Also kudos to whoever renamed our team to Two and two half men, that's pretty spot on

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

Khisanth Magus posted:

I have a problem running macros in the arena. I will run the one to create my fighter. Then I will try and run one for say one of my teammates. This results in a fighter of the same race I am and my equipment but the macro I'm trying to use's skills. What am I doing wrong.

I'm not getting this problem.

Before running the macro, are you pressing "k" then "c" to create the fighter in that spot, then pressing Enter after the macro runs?

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

fluppet posted:

So how many fighters are we waiting on?

It looks like 63 of the 64 fighters are ready to go, we're only waiting on Mattybee.

Maugrim
Feb 16, 2011

I eat your face
If he doesn't create within 24 hours, release the slot to someone else.

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Jazzimus Prime posted:

I'm not getting this problem.

Before running the macro, are you pressing "k" then "c" to create the fighter in that spot, then pressing Enter after the macro runs?

Yeah. It will create the first fighter I am creating just fine. Then the second will be a copy of the first fighter but with the skills of the one I was trying to make. It is very strange.

iLonie
Feb 17, 2011

gbuchold posted:

e: Also kudos to whoever renamed our team to Two and two half men, that's pretty spot on

It was the first thing that occured to me while looking at the lineup. Anyone with a better idea is welcome to change it.

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
Khisanth: Can you PM me (or one of the commissioners) the macros you are using? You have the latest and greatest zip file that Jazz posted 3 pages ago, right?

Maybe you just got a bad macro and need to download it again.

I had a problem with one, my browser decided to open it as text which I then saved as MAK file. That macro did not work, I had to download it fresh.

perpetulance
Mar 24, 2013

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Khisanth Magus posted:

Yeah. It will create the first fighter I am creating just fine. Then the second will be a copy of the first fighter but with the skills of the one I was trying to make. It is very strange.

Are you blanking the skill list and items before running the second macro? That's all I can think of.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot

perpetulance posted:

Are you blanking the skill list and items before running the second macro? That's all I can think of.

The macro is supposed to blank those for you, though.

Khisanth Magus, are you using the most current version of DF? Are you on a Mac? (I haven't tested any of this on a Mac)

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Jazzimus Prime posted:

The macro is supposed to blank those for you, though.

Khisanth Magus, are you using the most current version of DF? Are you on a Mac? (I haven't tested any of this on a Mac)

Using the latest link you provided, and on windows 7. Dunno, maybe there is something messed up on my computer causing things to go weird. Since no one else seems to have this problem maybe I will just continue to try and figure it out myself.

Zaltys
Jun 24, 2008

Khisanth Magus posted:

Since no one else seems to have this problem maybe I will just continue to try and figure it out myself.
Actually, I do have the same problem: I can only load one of our team's macros per arena instance, trying to run the rest only recreates the first fighter.

Jazzimus Prime
May 16, 2002

The Brothers Autobot
Do any fighters on your teams have wood armor? Wood armor does seem to create problems with the macros in this version, since it can't seem to be created in the arena anymore.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!
The only way I can find to screw up the macros that hasn't been mentioned before is to move the highlight on the skills column from 'fighter'. If you do that, the skills will be offset, too. I have no idea how to recreate these other issues. They work fine for me...

Also, people, get to betting! There's still a lot of weirdly imbalanced payout vs odds for you to play here.

And Supradog, any way I can contact you?

Khisanth Magus
Mar 31, 2011

Vae Victus

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Do any fighters on your teams have wood armor? Wood armor does seem to create problems with the macros in this version, since it can't seem to be created in the arena anymore.

Unless wood shields count, then no.

Captaindirtnap
Apr 26, 2012
I know I won't have the time to learn how to test my gladiator's effectiveness before the tournament starts. If anyone else on Ugly Stick with more experience at this wants to give him a run, please do.

There's also a chance that my flailing at character creation will reveal me to be some kind of DF Savant. That seems unlikely.

my dad
Oct 17, 2012

this shall be humorous
Looks like people really think All Slade Gauntlets All Day Long are going to lose. 2000/2135 of the bets for our side comes from me and Bad Munki, and there's over 3000 for the other guys.

Come on, I know we have Bad Munki and Spermy Smurf on our team, but it can't be that bad... Is it too late to change my bet?

Spermy Smurf
Jul 2, 2004
This is our plan and you wonder why people are betting against us?

It's going to be a magical fight. In one of the test runs I ran we managed to cripple one human before all dying terribly.

Edit: Wait, Bad Munki bet on our team? I thought his whole plan was to win the betting by betting against us.

Afriscipio
Jun 3, 2013

I'm getting the feeling that four sensibly equipped fighters are going to walk away with the prize, same as last time. Unfortunately, that's not team Ugly Stick. Fortunately, my feelings are almost always wrong.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Spermy Smurf posted:

Edit: Wait, Bad Munki bet on our team? I thought his whole plan was to win the betting by betting against us.

Oh damnit. :negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frozen_flame
Feb 14, 2012

Press A to Protect Earth!
600 on Slade Gauntlets. Lets do this.

... I should never gamble with actual money

• Locked thread