Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
I haven't been following very long so I don't know if it's happened in past tournaments, but has there ever been a for fun round where the top contenders are put up against a specific Dragon or Forgotten Beast to see how everyone stands up to such a thing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Considering that the one betting only knows the race of the fighters and what other people have so far bet (unless they want to go back and look up their past fights), betting distribution is pretty arbitrary.

At least that's how I did it.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Wow! What a good fight!

Great job conveying it to us Vox Nihili.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
With that I have won more than I started with on bets.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
Lesson learned, next round I'll bet a small amount on every fight rather than larger amounts on a few fights.

More consistently exciting that way.

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
So the winning kolbold will be the one that loses in matches against the most opponents?

Do I understand this correctly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sibling of TB
Aug 4, 2007
This is how I would imagine fights would go in a gladiatorial hell.

Your managers give you the worst crap they can and then send you to fight to the death. If you win you get to live and don't have to fight anymore, if you lose you are resurrected to keep fighting and if you lose everything they dip you in gold and put you on display or something.

Or maybe it's very Buddhist, they're fighting to end the cycle of death and rebirth.

• Locked thread