Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
drat you, work, for keeping me from registering till now! I'll register anyhow and see if I can get into (die horribly in) the Battle Royale.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Sent in my character, let's see how this battle royale turns out.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Everyone referring to the champion by his manager's name, starting with Vox posted:

Name: Podima
User: Biggs Manfighter

:argh: His name is BIGGS MANFIGHTER and he'll bite your noses off! Except for Maugrim and Bozikek, youse two are cool.

Battle Royale, Podima, Biggs Manfighter, 100

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

After 12 hours on planes, this was tear-inducing to come back to. GODDAMN GOBLINS! At least Biggs got the first kill of the tournament, and nothing anyone says will ever change that.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:negative: Goddamnit, of all the times for the loss of an arm to not result in a loss. Stupid dark gnomes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:psyduck:

Will wonders never cease. How many times has a smaller opponent won against a larger one thusfar this round?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo that was the best match yet, both in commentary and action.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

RickVoid posted:

:unsmith::hf::smith:

Would anyone be interested in seeing his build? Can't give you a play-by-play of what I purchased when, but I could probably give a general breakdown with some explanations of the thought process that went into it.

Absolutely!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
As a dedicated lurker who lost all his bux in the first round, I agree - make it rain!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Bets placed! Let's see how this goes!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:toot: More than doubled my bet on that round! Shame about your dorfbucks, Iunnrais/ZeeToo.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Holy poo poo, that helm. I don't even remember who I bet on, but this has been an excellent match thus far!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God dammit, I'm 0 for 2 with my bets based purely on an intricate combination of team names and odds! Pick up the pace! I'm counting on you, The Good, The Bad, And The Bravo and Small and Mighty!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:negative:

My betting strategy of picking my favorite names has failed me!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Thanks for the dorfbucks! I won't be able to bet till Sunday, but I'm sure there will be plenty of fights left for me to lose my money on!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Quickly, take my dorfbucks! Again!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
If it's 4 vs. 4 that means my complete ignorance of how things work won't be as obvious - Caffeinequaffer is ready to chug!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey ZeeToo, Tarezax, and Supradog! Any ideas for team names/build suggestions? Much like many others I have absolutely no clue what I'm doing! :newlol:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ZeeToo posted:

Do we have any spikes to menace with?

Menacing Lack of Spikes?

Perfect!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Big thanks to ZeeToo for his help and suggestions - my fighter's all set to die horribly go!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Jazzimus Prime posted:

Another thing I want to have in place for the new test tournament is to change some things with how betting funds work.

- All players start betting with N dwarfbucks
- At the conclusion of each round, if your fighter won a fight, you receive a bonus of X dwarfbucks
- At the conclusion of each round, if your fighter lost a fight, you receive a bonus of Y dwarfbucks
- At the conclusion of each round, if you don't have a fighter in the tournament but you placed any bets at all in the previous round, you receive a bonus of Z dwarfbucks

The first, second, and third of these items are sort-of already in place, but they are currently hard-coded global values, and I'd rather have them be a per-league value instead.

For the next test tournament, I'm thinking we'll stick with 1000 starting dwarfbucks, and a bonus of 500, 300, and 400 each round for the X, Y, and Z values respectively. No longer will players be locked out of betting for the rest of the tournament after a bad round of bets!

Hey Jazzimus - did this make it in for the tournament we're about to start? Just want to be sure Bad Munki can keep bleeding dorfbucks into my wallet after the first round's over and he's lost everything!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
God dammit! I was so excited to start the tournament properly with a Bad Munki loss before they turned it around. Very nicely done!

I'm looking forward to the other matches now that this one has set a good bloody precedent!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Oh goddamn it, even with a martial trance, the crossbowdwarf couldn't hit a single shot? That's sad.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:toot: That's a relief - I was worried after the earlier match! Go team!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Maugrim posted:

Jazzimus, is there any chance we can adjust the build of Brother Boccob (managed by Frozen_Flame) for round 2 so that he has marksdwarf skill rather than archer?

I mean, there's fun gimmick testing builds and then there's honest mistakes that basically doom the team.

Oh, is that what happened? Ouch. :(

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Bad Munki posted:

While we don't get points right now, the site does allow for a full respec between these rounds. Is that intentional?

I would assume not, since the only respec that SHOULD be going on is the special deal Frozen_flame is getting now.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Ugh, I apparently drunkenly placed a bet on both Team Legs and Committee to Elect instead of doubling my Team Legs bet. Go me :(

Don't let me down, Habeas Corpses!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Aw loving dammit! At least I put up a decent last effort.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ZeeToo posted:

drat, I really thought we had that one for a while there.

I'm rather disappointed with archery in general; it's just not as effective as one would hope.

You're telling me. :sigh: This has been a frustrating character to have - other than one or two lucky shots, all he seems to be good for is missed shots and serving as the butt of commissioners' jokes.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Coward posted:

My archer for this tournament was exactly the same as the previous one, except I ditched all the armour to buy more weapon skill points. He missed more often than The Pope did before, even though he was firing more often.

This is pretty much the situation I was in. No armor, all skills (and the best available crossbow) and I scored perhaps one meaningful shot in three matches.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

ZeeToo posted:

Yeah, I feel I have to give you an apology for that; I figured it was a pretty solid build when I suggested what I did of it.

At least you were a big help in us realizing the magnitude of the problem? :shobon:

All good, it was fun! Your help was VERY appreciated!

SynthOrange posted:

Sounds like a hell of a lot of work for everyone involved, players and commissioners. I'd be happy to just have a losers bracket without any skill bumps (or even a losers free for all every manthing for themselves).

I have to second this - without being able to apply the fighter upgrade points using the site builder, I don't think I'd be reasonably able to get it done. Swell idea though - speaking selfishly, I WOULD like to see what my dwarf is like with a few more upgrades to his stats.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Go for it!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spermy Smurf posted:

Edit2: *Dolphin Noises* and CRUSHTOR THE CRUSHINATOR in all caps are fantastic names.

:tipshat: I apparently get creative with a beer or three, who knew?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Someone snapped a picture of me while I was setting up my fighter:

But CRUSHTAUR THE CRUSHINATOR is ready to do what she does best!

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

my dad posted:

If I may boldly suggest making your posts stand out somehow? People might be skimming over since you're not the OP, just the master of the arena. :v:

After this test tournament, are we finally going to see a new thread with Jazz as the rightful OP?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Spermy Smurf posted:

That's it for me today. I'll run the others on Monday and Tuesday.

9 down, 7 to go.

:negative: You mean I have to WAIT for my pixelwoman's glorious death?

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Jesus Christ just run more fights and kiss already

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
:negative: I thought copper was heavy enough for a starting point! That or I was drunk and picked the wrong material.

Getting eliminated in Round 1 is the worst.

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
CHOPpy Beer Enthusiast is ready to axe some cutting questions about his opponents' drink choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Testing is for losers. Lock every fighter down, run all fights based on their first submission.

• Locked thread