Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I've got no idea what I'm doing, but I'm in. Let's see how 'randomly assigned points and skills guy' does in this situation.

My poor dwarf will likely not last a round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Goatie posted:

Well then... I was curious about this last year, but I never entered because... well, it seemed intimidating to me. Size charts and numbers and large log files! But I'm willing to try it now that there's a new thread and I'm more confident with numbers. Yes, delicious, delicious numbers... and dwarves. Tasty dwarves.

It's intimidating as hell to me, too. I don't really know anything about DF at all and picking skills for any sort of game always stresses me. That said it's not like I have much to lose by entering. The Bulbous Loaf will either die a glorious death or get very lucky. Probably the former.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I decided to try the testing thing and I figured out how to make creatures, give them skills and equip them, but how do I make them fight?

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Metamucil posted:

They should get right to the killing as long as they can see each other. Make sure that you don't have them assigned to teams. Or at least that they're on separate teams.

You're right, they were on the same team. Thanks.

Adus fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Jul 26, 2011

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I spent a lot of time testing against Minotars before I read about the bug. I was about to complain about how overpowered they seemed.

So no more testing. Just going to send The Bulbous Loaf blindly into the breach. Maybe a yeti will die by choking on one of his bones.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Locomotive breath posted:

I'm fighting a dwarf. I'm sure that my death is assured. As such, I've bet all my money on myself. Clearly this is a wise course of action.

Yesss yesss, The Bulbous Loaf will have fun with you.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Oh I spent those points so hard. Don't you worry.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
Yeah, I'm screwed.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

Locomotive breath posted:

No, you're fine. Totally fine. You are so fine there are not words for how fine you are. Except for the words, You're Fine.

I don't believe you! You bet all your money on yourself!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

PublicOpinion posted:

The amount of support you're providing for our fictional bloodsport is amazing.

Curious to see if the size difference between a dwarf and a werewolf will prove decisive, so I know whether to despair or not for my upcoming serpentman vs. tigerwoman fight.

I'm not sure how much weight I'd put on the outcome of my fight seeing that I kinda chose skills and items at random. Well, not so much "at random" as much as not really knowing anything about the mechanics and never having seen the other tournaments. If the werewolf wins it could definitely be because I suck rather than the size making the difference. Basically I'm hoping luck plays a big part!

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I kicked a werewolf. I had a hammer and I kicked him. God drat my dwarf is dumb. This outcome is not surprising at all.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
I didn't really, but it could have been worse. I could have been Al Gore. That was just unfortunate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck

AmadeusVonBlastoise posted:

Fixed that for you.

Edit: Also snakeman pride on our first tournament victory.

I suppose it was a very dwarven way to go.

• Locked thread