Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Vox, Jazzimus, even you Munki, I just want to say, you guys are all the best. The amount of effort you have put into this is really phenomenal, and I think that this wouldn't be nearly as great is it is without you guys working so hard on this, so, thank you. :unsmith:

That said, I can't wait for Brometheus the werewolfbro to wreck some dudes before undoubtedly being wrecked himself. But what a wrecking it shall be.

PS: Ground floor!:woop:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Brometheus the Werebro is ready to wreck face with his superior skills and talents. And awesome fashion sense as well, of course.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Despite my lack of betting, I am still quite upset that the elf lost. That said, good job to senor Dies Horribly, hopefully he doesn't die horribly in his next match (unless it's against my dude, in which case, gently caress 'im).

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I'm fighting a dwarf. I'm sure that my death is assured. As such, I've bet all my money on myself. Clearly this is a wise course of action.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Adus posted:

Yesss yesss, The Bulbous Loaf will have fun with you.

YOU! My foe! I await our match with baited breath. Based upon his name I assume that your dude is both fat and well, fatter. Seriously though, I'm hoping that your dude is like a wrestler, or that you forgot to spend your points or something. That would be greaaate.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

I worked late tonight, but I'll try to get through a match or two to placate the masses. If not, I will be able to run a bunch tomorrow.

Oh god please run two, please. I'm so nervous about my match :ohdear:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Adus posted:

Yeah, I'm screwed.

No, you're fine. Totally fine. You are so fine there are not words for how fine you are. Except for the words, You're Fine.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I am so proud of Brometheus right now, you have no idea. Truly, he is a god among werebros. Although, next match I'll have to face that sniper ant, so, who knows, maybe I won't be so proud of him after all. Either way, Adus, you put up a good fight, after all, it's not your fault that The Bulbous Loaf was up against a superior fighter :smug:

Really though, good show and all that, come back next year and such. One thing I am curious about though, how was the dwarf able to outrun the werewolf? I don't know much about DF, so I thought that with standardized stats that the faster fighter would always be the one with more speed?

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Good job Robo-Prancer, we're all very proud of you. If I hadn't bet all my money on myself, I totally would have bet some on you. Really!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
And also the catwalk should be on fire.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Astus posted:

Every single LP by Jade Star, basically.

Yep. Psion's hatred for his computer/LPs/existence knows no bounds.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
All of them. Every single fight in the tournament should be done today. It would only be appropriate.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Poor, poor Herp, Derp will be so very sad to learn of his sons demise :smith:

PS: Big guy supremacy! Hurray!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Dear lord, Socrates, what a magnificent man-snake. Truly, he is a warrior-philosophizer without peer.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Oh hey, I just sent in a Woofman of my own. And I forgot to include my name in the first one, so I had to send a second email :v:

Sorry Vlad!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Tantrum Spirals really are the best part of Dwarf Fortress :black101:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
And yay, there was much rejoicing when Borseidon, King of the Brocean, slew the foul Wrassler, who was most definitely not a bro, and in celebration, eye still clenched in his mouth, he invited all the audience back to his father's dealership for a night of fist-pumping and alcohol drinking, and much fun was had, and many Jaeger-eye Bombs were consumed.

Except by those that were dead. They were not missed.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
With a terrifying cry of "Sup!" the terrible ant Aunt was slain with a single blow from his mighty acoustic sword. With a soaring heart and soaring collar, Broseidon leaves the arena to prepare for his next match.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

AJ_Impy posted:

That match report is a thing of beauty. Next question is, what are Glen Starr's chances against Broseidon? This could be messy.

Zero. He, like all the others that angered the gods of Mount. BrOlympus (located on 195 E. Winapeg Ave. Come to Mount BrOlympus for all your dealership needs.) shall be cast down for all eternity, to languish in the pits of Hell, a place in which there are no polos, and there is no 4:20 :colbert:

Or maybe he'll win, who knows.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Noooooooooooo, Broseidon :smith:

Good night, sweet bro, and may a flight of angels sing thee to thy rest.

I only just realized it would have been a lot more thematic to give him a spear

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Krysmphoenix posted:

:qq: Why do all my gladiator's die horrible and and painfully bloody deaths in the first round?

Because you have an unhealthy obsession with the stunty races.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I feel I should mention the he had a breastplate too, though I'm not sure if he was struck in a area that was protecting by it though.

Broseidon, King of the Brocean, returned to his father's dealership, Mount. BrOlympus (Located on 195 E. Winapeg Ave. Come to Mount BrOlympus for all your dealership needs, bro.) and was greeted with much fanfare and celebration, as, to quote his father, "We never expected the idiot to actually make it past the first round, especially not when he demanded that we make him armor with a collar. But hell, with all the publicity we got from this, I couldn't care less!"

Unfortunately, Broseidon was found dead the following morning, and it was later discovered that he melted down his bronze medal and drank it, on a dare from one of his many bros, "Because it would be totally hardcore of him."

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Agent Interrobang posted:

I think beating someone to death with their own discarded clothing may be among the most metal ways to kill a dude.

Only topped by beating someone to death with a severed limb.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
If you meant the bull-rush one, then yes, you probably should be.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Poor, poor Kobold. Someday they'll win a match again. Someday. (Just not against my dude :colbert:)

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

Vox Nihili posted:

:siren:Round One, Match Fifty:siren:

the strike only manages to inflict a shallow wound, despite somehow lodging the sword in place!

"Hah, you didn't expect me to cover myself in FLYPAPER, now did you!?"

Nos, truly a wrestler among wrestlers.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Apparently werewolf hoplite with a halberd is more effective than one might have anticipated.

Also, werewolf supremacy, hell yeah.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Hey now, if it's any consolation, at least your Yeti just about matches your avatar by the end of the match!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
:stare:

Yetis are jerks.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Do you see Brometheus? Do you see him? Are you looking at him? Are YOU looking at HIM!? Do you see it? Do you see his poise? His grace? His skill?

That's the skill of a Bro-God baby. A Brod. Do you know what he did? Do you? That motherfucker is the Brod that brought the the Natty Light from Brolympus to you. That was him, he did that. Do you see his opponent? Do you? Are you looking at him?

He's a Strangler. Nuff' said.

Come at him bro, come at him.

:colbert:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Brometheus.

Truly, a God among wolves.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
As a fellow werewolf (owner), I'm offended by the constant comparisons to the vastly inferior minotaurs throughout this fight. :colbert:

Joking aside, well done Jazzimus, glad to see this is back on track!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
My fight is next. My fight is next.

It occurs to me I've been waiting a literal year for this. I don't know how I feel about that.

That loving dogman better win.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010

FebrezeNinja posted:

:woop:

Very mirrored battle, I'm glad I upgraded weapon.

I'm not. :smith:

Oh well! At least Brometheus put up a good fight to close out the round. May he keg-stand in peace.

Note to self for next tournament ( :v: ): Upgrading weapons is important!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
In light of this startling disparity in bets, I have magnanimously bet ALL of my money on the humble Horza, as a show of support. All 10 bux worth. Come on troll, Daddy needs a new pair of menacing spikes for his spider-silk shoes!

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
From the primordial abyss of the Internet, I return to enter another fighter into the arena, to continue the glorious tradition! So yeah good to be back dudes, hope my team and I don't get horribly murdered by Gremlins or something. :unsmith:

I am certain Paper Machette, elven swordsperson extraordinaire will perform quite well! I promise he won't have a wooden sword. Probably.

Edit: Oh and yeah, it should be noted that it's probably gonna be more important to have a higher skill in this early stage rather than a better weapon. I think around 5 is considered a good point to get to before you start investing a lot in fighting? I dunno it's been literally years since I made a dude for this, after all. :v:

Edit the second \/\/\/: You better believe they can. All shields, all the time.

Locomotive breath fucked around with this message at 09:07 on Aug 8, 2014

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah well, at least one member of Four Arms, Four Legs, No Pants are ready to rumble/be rumbled! Those other dweebs don't even have a chance. We're backed up by the Spermy Smurf, after all! We got this. :black101:

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
I firmly place the blame for our loss on everyone else on the team, as it is the most mature thing to do. For real though we're gonna get 'em next time. Maybe. Probably. Hopefully.

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Look man, it's all part of the plan. We lose now, we lull the other teams into a false sense of security, and then boom. Biting strangler and naked elf. And also some dumb mole centaur or something who even cares about him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Locomotive breath
Feb 1, 2010
Yeah, that was a very noble by the molewoman. Now, if only a CERTAIN moleperson could learn to FOLLOW THEIR EXAMPLE, perhaps their team wouldn't have lost their first match! It's always Spermy's fault. Always.

• Locked thread