Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

sugar & spice & psychoactive mushrooms
I think beating someone to death with their own discarded clothing may be among the most metal ways to kill a dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Sweet Armok, that was brutal even for this tournament. Bravo to both fighters for a hell of a show, and to Vox for excellent commentary!

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

Aaaaaaaand scratch one more kobold. Surprise level: minimal.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

pw pw pw posted:

Badass fight. At this point I'm convinced that halberds are the best weapons to ever exist.

Historically-speaking? This is not inaccurate. Back in Ye Olden Times, it was pretty much the supreme weapon of the medieval battlefield: it combined the reach and pointed, charge-breaking tip of a spear, with the leverage and crushing weight of a poleaxe. Polearms in general are INCREDIBLY effective, though.

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

:drat:

That was Matrix as gently caress right there. Sidestepping a point-blank crossbow bolt is the new beating your opponent to death with a backpack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Agent Interrobang
Mar 27, 2010

pw pw pw posted:

I just joined this thread halfway through. When and how did that happen? It sounds incredible.

Oh, the Backpack of Doom is from an old DF succession thread. Not Boatmurdered, uhhhhhh poo poo, the people here should remember it. The Saga of Holistic Detective.

• Locked thread