Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Halloween Jack posted:

I believe there was some brief discussion of this, but I don't remember now. Is hit location targeting still entirely random like (AFAIK) it is in regular Dwarf Fortress?

It should be the same as regular DF, having said that though Im pretty sure one of the more recent changes was to make fighters more selective against incapacitated opponents, so if one of the fighters is unconscious or something the other should taget killing shots to the head. Pinch of salt though...

Elizabeth Bennet is ready, any "uncivil" behaviour will be met with an axe to the skull.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Just an FYI incase you missed it, you've gotta email Vox for the battle royale:

RickVoid posted:

Hoping to get in on the Battle Royale, just need my registration e-mail and I can get started.

Got my build figured out, I just hope my pro-decision to do no testing pays off.

Vox Nihili posted:

To those who didn't make the first 127, you can still get in on the action! Design a fighter manually and email it to me at iamvoxnihili (at) gmail.com! Your champion will be entered in the always-exciting pre-tournament battle royale, and if you win the event you will be admitted in the 128th slot. You'll have to do some math yourself, but that's how we all did it back in the first couple tournaments. Please use the following format:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Gremlin 1 bashes Dies Horribly in the head with his tin wiffle bat, smashing the skull and pushing the skull through the brain!

Dies Horribly dies horribly.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Last minute stuff!!

Battle Royale, Dirty Frank, Grodimus Thunderbeard, 100

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

They don't, more than any other race anyway, he just doesn't want to admit that he spent 600 points on a gimmick ;)

Impressed with how effective the pick was, can lop off body parts and apparently pierce armour as well, very tempting...

e: and apparently I'm wrong.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 20:07 on Jul 28, 2011

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Also Goblin supremesy, suprimesy, suerpramecy... ARE THE BEST!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

A Troll, Elizabeth Bennet is no speciesist, in fact some of her best friends are Trolls! And this Troll is a Lord which must count for something, as long as he's civil all will be well.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

A goblin has never beaten a Troll, quick everyone bet against Elizabeth Bennet for a certain payout!!

e: never mind, everyone already has :(

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Wow, ok don't go to the site just before Vox posts a fight, although Im half tempted to claim clairvoyance.

e: Nah, you don't give anything away, just :f5:

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 08:05 on Aug 8, 2011

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Go team Goblin!

Also wish I had some money left to bet against SynthOrange in every future match.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Feeling pretty sorry for Eater, wtf bolts? Happy about the little guy win though.

Only three fights to go now :ohdear:

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Synth's first betting win's going to be the feel good moment of the first round:

code:
Ekvagir              100.00	MLK	                        247.3
Gary "Hanzo" Busey   100.00	Macho Man Randy Savage Biome    201.56
George               200.00	Ook. Ook? OOOOOOKK!	        279.61
Abandon hope all ye who are entered here.

e: Im conflicted here cos I bet on ook due to my pratchett man love, but also bet on busey for reasons I don't recall.

ee: busey is a goblin, this will be synths first win.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 21:04 on Aug 26, 2011

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

quote:

Elizabeth Bennet hacks Lord Uthar Langford Zybourne in the lower body with her steel battle axe, tearing apart the muscle through the large copper mail shirt and spilling his stinking guts!

Yeah! Cutting wit wins the day!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Who'd you bet on? I've got money on Ook, want to know if I can buy that new pair of shoes or not...

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

SynthOrange posted:

Ahahahaha, finally! It's been so long! :qq:
(Though watching the streak go on would have been equally hilarious)
But now you have some money to loose in the next round!

Makes me happy to see a Wrestler get through against a Kobold...

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Klokwurk posted:

My fighter Nitram's success is guaranteed! You should immediately rush off and bet all your money on him without thinking about it too hard or looking at the current bets.

:gonk:
Haha, my confidence in my fighter knows no logic or reason!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

You... you mean Goblins aren't superior? I can't belive this, I mean really!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

All hail Goobert the Butcher!

Also a picture of him, blood soaked, in his finery would be sweet.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

My name is Dirty Frank and I like this thread, please don't die.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Yes! Glorious victory! I thought all was lost when he actually struck at the foot, thank god for Goblin toughness I guess.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I started looking through the thread to see the load outs for the next round and realized that its way to much work for my lazy arse. So I wondered if it would be possible to expose the equipment from the last round on arenachallenge ? Dunno if you track the history though and it would be no good to show the upgrades before the round starts so it might not be possible... anyway just an idea.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Vox Nihili posted:

You can always hit the "?" in the corner of my post to quickly scroll through all my posts in the thread.

Good idea, here's just the winners (so far) load out:

Vox Nihili posted:

Midas' Touch the minotaur doesn't mess around when it comes to gear. Bronze pike, oak shield, done.

Huaso, human gladiator, carries a steel spear and wears a simple copper helm.

Picnic Raider is a balanced if unarmored soldier ant woman, wielding a copper flail and oaken buckler.

Ted the Hurty, human warrior,is armed with a heavy silver flail and oaken shield. His armor is extensive. He wears an iron helm, iron breast plate, iron gauntlets, iron greaves, and iron high boots, in addition to a copper mail shirt and leather under-cap.

Pinball Wizard the goblin is armed with a powerful steel crossbow and 40 matching bolts. He does not bother with armor.

That One Snake Guy, a serpent man, has what appears to be a cobbled-together collection of gear. An iron sword and oak buckler. Copper cap under steel helm. Copper mail under steel breast plate. And, last but not least, a leather "boot" for his large tail.

Aspen, an elf-like human, is equipped with a steel long sword and a complete set of iron armor.

Barrelbum the tigerman is clad in full-length iron armor. He wields a copper halberd in one hand and carries an oak shield in the other.

Junai, a werewolf, wears a partial set of bronze armor over a simple copper mail shirt. Her weapon of choice is a bronze great axe.

Goobert, dwarf, recently got his hands on some pricy gear. He wields a massive, exquisitely-inlaid steel great axe, wears an adamantine helm, and favors expensive platinum for his breast plate. He also sports some very fashionable leather high boots.

Shootey McShootalot, elf, is armed with an iron bow and arrow set and fully-clad in copper mail armor.

Betty the yeti is equipped with a silver war hammer, iron breast plate, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

Dr Stranglelove, strangler, has a pair of steel picks held between his four hands.

Pip the tigerman, on the other hand, wears an iron breastplate and iron helm. He wields a steel two-handed sword and iron short sword in the rapier and dagger style.

Yum, goblin, is kitted out with a copper war hammer, oaken shield, leather cap, leather body armor, iron gauntlets, and iron high boots.

MLK, on the other hand, goes for simplicity: his gear list begins and ends with an iron war hammer.

Moustache Billy, tigerman, is fairly well-armored with an iron helm, iron mail shirt, and iron gauntlets. He effortlessly wields a matching iron halberd.

McGruff the Crime Hound, werewolf, prefers a steel dagger and has a bizarre set of armor. Silver mail, bronze mail, bronze boots, leather leggings, hardened leather chest armor, and a silver helmet.

Ook. Ook? OOOOOOKK!, strangler, wields an iron battleaxe, apparently with great skill. He dons no armor.

Clown Baby has an iron halberd, oak shield, copper helm, and leather armor.

Lin the soldier ant woman wears iron mail, iron leggings, a leather cap, and a copper full helm. She wields a pair of iron spears.

Belbez Evon, is his opponent. He wears an iron helm, iron high boots, copper mail, and some other miscellaneous armor. In his hand he carries a hefty iron war hammer.

Horza, a troll, straps into his extensive armor. Copper high boots, copper greaves, copper helm, iron gauntlets, iron mail shirt, and a leather tunic. His fists are his weapon.

Mrs. Vox the troll favors a massive steel great axe.

Elizabeth Bennet, a goblin, wields a steel battle axe and wears steel mail, helm, and gauntlets.

Hugh Mann, is a human warrior with a steel longsword and some classy leather high boots.

Brometheus, werewolf, wields an iron two-handed sword in one hand and and oak shield in the other. He wears a steel helm, iron mail shirt, iron high boots, copper leggings, and copper gauntlets.

Jonathan Sebastian Smith, the opponent, is a human swordsman. He carries a steel sword and oak shield. His armor consists of an iron helm, copper mail shirt, and hardened leather doublet.

The Badgerconda, a serpent man, comes armed with both a copper whip and an iron scourge. He wears a steel helm, steel mail, and steel breast plate, but only leather armor on his extremities.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

You're going down JSS!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Victory! Sweet sweet victory.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I'm so close to winning this I can taste it, I'd love for someone to finish up. that's humble pie I can taste.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Stoked that the thread is back. Next fight is That one snake guy vs pims, a refreshing drink.

Vox Nihili posted:

That One Snake Guy, a serpent man, has what appears to be a cobbled-together collection of gear. An iron sword and oak buckler. Copper cap under steel helm. Copper mail under steel breast plate. And, last but not least, a leather "boot" for his large tail.

Pip the tigerman, on the other hand, wears an iron breastplate and iron helm. He wields a steel two-handed sword and iron short sword in the rapier and dagger style.

Close run thing, my money is on Pip, or it would be if I had any money left. dammit.

Dirty Frank fucked around with this message at 19:10 on Apr 2, 2013

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Now we're cooking! It makes sense that the battle royal victor would go far, in a sort of survival of the fittest way.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

I wanted to know what I might be up against last round, so I went back through Jazz and Vox's posts and copy pasted this:

Vox & Jazzimus Prime combined posted:

Mrs. Vox, a troll newly under Bad Munki's vaunted tutelage, is armed with a steel great axe and armored with a steel mail shirt.
Pinball Wizard, goblin sharpshooter, wields a steel crossbow and bolts crafted of the same material.
Horza the troll is armored with a mishmash of miscellaneous gear. Iron mail shirt and iron gauntlets, copper high boots, greaves, and helm, and stiff leather chest armor. Horza does not bother with a weapon.
Dr Stranglelove, a strangler, of course, does not bother with armor. Instead, he wields two expensive steel picks with his four arms. 
Roctavian the serpent man wields a silver war hammer and oak buckler, and is armored with a bronze helm and a double layer of bronze mail shirts.
Elizabeth Bennet the goblin chooses not to use a shield, depending on her steel battleaxe for both offensive and defensive moves. However, she is well-equipped with a full-body set of steel armor, including helm, mail shirt, gauntlets, and high boots. 
Clown Baby, tigerman, is cheaply armed with an iron halberd and oak shield. His armor is equally cut-rate, and includes a copper helm and leather armor.
Junai the werewolf enters the arena! She's wielding a bronze great axe in one hand and wooden shield in the other, and she's wearing a copper mail shirt under a set of bronze armor.
Pip the Tigerman wears an iron helm, breastplate, leggings, and gauntlets, and wields an iron short sword in one hand, and a huge steel greatsword in the other!
Sir Smellsalot the Tigerman, wielding a steel whip and an oak wood buckler
Dies Horribly wears two layers of copper headgear, a cap and a helm, and wears an iron mail shirt under his silver breastplate! He has a steel mining pick in one hand, and a copper shield in the other!
MLK wears no armor, and he wields an iron warhammer.
Picnic Raider the Soldier Ant wields only a copper flail and holds a wooden buckler in her other hand!
Hugh Mann, who, as the name implies, is a human gladiator wielding a steel longsword and iron shield, but with only a set of leather high boots for armor.
McGruff only wields a steel dagger, and has an assortment of armor including a leather breastplate over a silver mail shirt over another shirt of bronze, and a silver helm, leather leggings, and bronze high boots.
Barrelbum the tigerman wields a steel halberd in one hand and a wooden shield in the other, and wears a full set of iron armor -- a helm, mail shirt, greaves, gauntlets, and low boots.

My take is that Mrs Vox is a big concern and Picnic Raider's a total wildcard, I'm liking my chances against the others, which is probably just setting myself up for a fall but whatever. Fun times to come!

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Pure Kamikaze posted:

You sir underestimate a werewolf that wears silver. :smugbert:

I called the RSPCA about him and they told me "Just put the mad dog out of its misery". So there you go, even the wet lettuces at the RSPCA don't care about pain-crazed Werewolves.

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

Elizabeth, nooooooo! :cry:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dirty Frank
Jul 8, 2004

ZeeToo posted:

It's also a really small and sad area to be corrupt, anyway.
This is the best reason

• Locked thread