Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

VladTheEater posted:

It's not weird, armor has always scaled to size.

Surface area should scale, yeah, but armor thickness? That seems totally unfair. I mean, it really seems like the deck is stacked up against the smaller races before even considering armor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Halloween Jack posted:

toady's goal when programming DF was to make the world a realistic simulacrum, not a fair one.

That doesn't really pertain to what I was saying. I meant fairness in the context of the tourney. I understand how toady's layer system works, but a gremlin and a yeti spend the same amount of points to get different levels of protection per section of body area. Regardless of other factors, a strike would have a more difficult time getting through a steel breastplate on a yeti than on a gremlin, which could possibly make armor irrelevant on small races. I have no idea what the actual thickness difference between race sizes is, however, so this could be a moot point. Either way, I'm not crying for more raw changes because Vox has done pleeeeeenty of coding work already.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Sent you a minotaur... Hopefully I formatted it at least somewhat ok, I didn't participate before the website went up.

E: emailed you a small edit, hope it's ok.

Hooplah fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Sep 24, 2011

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

VladTheEater posted:

HUMAN (Everypony) vs MINOTAUR (Mad Cow)

Pony meets Bull in the arena tonight and Mad Cow does NOT look happy.

The beatdown that commences is swift and brutal, beginning with one of Everypony's teeth being gored right out of his mouth and ending with his hoof-fist embedded in ponyface.

Everypony's only accomplishment was missing the first attack

COMBAT LOG: http://pastebin.com/iv1FEbvh

gently caress YES my bigass bull is nigh untouchable :c00l:

AND he got to kill off that drat man-pony aberration

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Heh, looks like you may want to give matador.exe a lil update for your next build :smug:

But seriously, I really like the way you're writing these fights (especially my own, I literally laughed out loud to myself at that first round with my bull). Keep up the good work!

MAD COW is goin all the way to the top :black101:

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

A platinum dagger? :psyduck: That's gotta be the worst power per dorfbuck ratio available to purchase as a weapon, except maybe the adamantine bashing weapons

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

All of the sudden, Lin makes a move around Butler's guard, impaling him through the belly from the other direction! The iron spear cuts through his kidney, and deep crimson blood bubbles from the wound. Seeing her opponent effectively incapacitated by the pain, Lin moves in for another punch, then switches to methodically stabbing the human, alternating between her two spears. Butler, blinded by his own blood and now missing a hand, flails about with his shield, hoping desperately to ward off a strike or land any sort of hit on his opponent. But it is for naught. As the pool of blood spreads, Butler slips into complete unconsciousness.

Lin could now easily end the fight in a single blow, but instead focuses her attention on the human's torso, ripping out his guts with several precise thrusts and twists of her spears. At long last, Butler's body stops convulsing, leaving Lin the clear victor in this bout.

Real proud of my antlady. A capable warrior :allears:

Hopefully she fares as well as her bro MAD COW

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

holy poo poo. I was totally convinced a wrestler would have no shot against a longswordsman. Crazy. Did the elf spend too many points on the sword and not leave enough for skill perhaps?

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Right now I'm just gonna predict Betty the Yeti vs. Theseus Cheetahman to be a good fight. Laid down a solid bet on it; I think it's gonna be an exciting one.

Everyone bet all your dorfbucks to make these fights more interesting !!!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Sweet. I bet 300 each on Shootey and Betty, making a cool 525 dorfbucks.

I'm not really sure if I should be proud of my winnings from Shootey's victory, though :dawkins101:

A win's a win, I suppose. At least it was entertaining.

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

They're called antwomyn, mr. patriarchy!!!

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

Vox Nihili posted:

The iron spearpoint readily penetrates copper, and Trisk falls to the ground, crippled and no longer able to stand. Even so, he immediately strikes at his opponent- but the ant woman parries with her second spear, even as the first remains embedded in the swordsman's foot!
Antwoman Supremacy :c00lbutt:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hooplah
Jul 15, 2006

I'm in the first round! Against Mrs. Vox the troll! :ohdear:

• Locked thread