Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

tuyop posted:

I made an Etsy shop. I'm going to be uploading poo poo all day because their upload process is the worst thing ever.

There's like 7 shots up now, I'll edit when I'm done putting all 50 of the things I want up.

Here's a coupon code in case you ballers want to decorate your apartment mansion with any of them.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/tuyop

30% off. Enter GOONYOP

Sorry if this is not appropriate for this thread or forum. Let me know and I'll take down the link.

It will be interesting to see if a single print sells within the next month.. or ever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskillrex remix
Jan 1, 2007

gorsh

CuddleChunks posted:

I'm going to reiterate that you should look into printing these up as 4x6's, mounting them on card stock and selling the nature photos around town as little hand-made note cards. Why in the hell would anyone buy "Generic plant photo #46" online?

BUT, if you have any spots with tourist trade, or anywhere that has works by local artists, the rules of the game change entirely. I've bought cards from local photographers to send around because the prices were decent, the pictures reasonable and it was nice to support someone local.

Sorry to badger on this topic but speaking as an amateur photographer I don't see anything in your pics that really jumps out and screams "Holy poo poo, I've got to have this on my wall!" Now, don't take offense, you have some nice shots of flowers and stuff but I really think that if you want to sell your work you need to get it in front of people in a format that's going to work with your strengths.

The problem is non-studio based photography simply isnt profitable unless theres a niche. Selling "neat photos" on etsy is difficult for INCREDIBLY talented photographers, let alone those who are selling what amounts to slightly artsy vacation snap shots. Thats just the reality of it.

• Locked thread