Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

tuyop posted:

And my TV just sold. 400 bucks!

Edit: What's the most prudent thing to do with this 400 dollars right now? Should I save it or buy those boots ($165) so I can break them in this month or what? I could use a wireless card for my computer ($30). Or should I just dump it on the Mastercard this month? I was hoping to get the boots with my cash, gas and grocery overflow, if possible.

Put the money towards your debt. That was the point of selling the TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

tuyop posted:

Boots, y'all. :c00lbert:

You're a troll and not a very good one at that.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

tuyop posted:

My last pair fell apart and the issued ones ruin my feet. What?

Let's recap:

tuyop on August 1st posted:

And my TV just sold. 400 bucks!

Edit: What's the most prudent thing to do with this 400 dollars right now? Should I save it or buy those boots ($165) so I can break them in this month or what? I could use a wireless card for my computer ($30). Or should I just dump it on the Mastercard this month? I was hoping to get the boots with my cash, gas and grocery overflow, if possible.

IllegallySober posted:

Put the money towards your debt. That was the point of selling the TV.

KarmaCandy posted:

I'm not sure how this is even a question, but debt obviously - the TV could pay off almost all of your laptop or a decent portion of your high interest credit card. The point of selling the tv is not to get more money to gently caress around with, you already have a ton of that - $240/month - which makes the boots easily affordable next month.

tuyop posted:

I made the mathematically correct choice and put it on the mastercard, so that's down to 1950.

tuyop on August 4th posted:

I sent a pair of boots in for warranty repair last month. ($22 shipping) and they just refunded my money ($245. Got screwed by exchange here, there was a rise in the USD when I bought them so they cost 275, but the USD is down now so I only got 245. ), so that's going towards new boots but the money has already been spent so I'm not considering it as income or expense. Hoping to find a deal and replace them with two new OTBs. Or a set of trail runners (just realized that running in slushy poo poo in my vibram fivefingers this fall is not going to be an option) and combat boots. What do you guys think?

So you already knew you'd sent in boots to be repaired, yet you wanted to take more cash and spend them on more boots. Okay, whatever. So now you get your refund money of $245 and...

tuyop on August 18th posted:

Well I called the campground. It's 15 bucks, there's no haircut next week but I just ordered a pair of boots. 130 bucks that will come out of my paypal balance from a pair of boots that I returned as defective. I have about 40 bucks left over on paypal from those which will cover the gas needed to go to Houlton and pick them up.

$130 + $40 doesn't equal $245 even if we assume you started at a $0 PayPal balance. So where's the other $75?

In addition to that, you can tell us the issued boots (presumably for free) "ruin your feet" all you want but I'd probably find a solution that was cheaper then buying all-new boots if I was in the same debt situation you're in.

But hey,

tuyop posted:

Boots, y'all. :c00lbert:

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Read what asmallrabbit posted.

Now read it again.

And again.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

asmallrabbit posted:

Here is a bunch of stuff you've said in this thread, rearranged so you can hopefully see how loving ridiculous you are being.
I'll just keep referring to this until you actually read it and reply to it.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Ouch :( That sounds incredibly painful.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Was the "let's get an iPad on a payment plan" an April Fool's too? Because it should be.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Go through his drat insurance company. That's what it's there for. Why would you even consider anything else?

And were tires a completely unknown expense? Seems like if you kept an eye on them a little better, you'd know when they were going bad and would be able to budget for them.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Leperflesh posted:

I'm pretty sure none of us made a connection to that. We thought it was settled ages ago or something? Honestly your latest post about having your car damaged sure sounded like it was a total stranger that did it.

So why isn't the guy just paying for the damage directly to the repair shop? Why do you have to float him $800? Or is it $900? Or $500, as in the post you quoted?

But it is true that moving costs money, yes. I don't know what anyone can tell you as far as "how will you afford this" because what are we supposed to suggest? Sell some blood?

Yup, with your track record and the way you explained it, I thought it was a new accident, not the old one.

But your decision then was to leave it alone and take the money rather than fixing the dent. And even if you didn't want to do that, you shouldn't be out any money directly.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Dusseldorf posted:

Toeshoes one cup.

:golfclap:

Seriously, tuyop? You're this excited about making GBS threads in a bucket? How expensive is regular manure? Surely the trade-off of funds spent offsets this.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

tuyop posted:

My inheritance came in, $8500!!!

And it's bike season. It seems to me like the best way to spend the money would be to invest it in a way that lets me save money on gas and car wear and tear, so we bought toeshoes a bike off of kijiji!

We just got back from buying it and testing it out, it's loving awesome and I'm pretty happy that she'll be able to bike commute with me now.

I know you guys are going to be pretty angry, but the bike was only 1400 so we still have tons of money to buy her lights and shoes for it and also pay off some debt. :)

Happy April Fool's to you too, tuyop.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

tuyop posted:

/\/\ Well, that too. I am going back to university in the fall, guys. This is an important consideration.

Actually that's why I want ultraportable, I'd like it to be as bicycle-portable as possible.

It sounds like a good deal, but it has to function fully with intermittent connectivity.

I can take this over to the laptop thread, though.

I'll also see about May's update after I do some budgeting tonight and maybe get some screens from the library.

I can't wait until the inevitable "my bicycle fell apart again while I was riding it home and I fell off and shattered the laptop in my backpack" story.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

Congratulations on the wedding!

And on reaching page 100 of this thread!

• Locked thread