Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

dreaming of that face again

it's bright and blue and shimmering

grinning wide and comforting me with it's three warm and wild eyes

SatansBestBuddy posted:

You know, I have literally forgotten why we are here and what we're doing.

Who knows?

It probably wasn't that important anyways.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Combed Thunderclap
Jan 4, 2011

Ursine Asylum posted:

Who knows?

It probably wasn't that important anyways.

It's a sign of this comic's profound strength that I haven't seen her for I don't even know how long but just that image makes me completely unable to wait until her poo poo gets wrecked.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

Combed Thunderclap posted:

It's a sign of this comic's profound strength that I haven't seen her for I don't even know how long but just that image makes me completely unable to wait until her poo poo gets wrecked.

That's way too predictable for it to actually happen. Remember, she's a character that's explicitly standing outside Kvatch, so by definition she's probably going to be just fine.

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.

Combed Thunderclap posted:

Katia's been growing over the course of the comic, but I doubt she'll ever qualify as a wrecker of poo poo. But retrieving a letter might be within her grasp, and if she's really lucky she could even mild-to-moderately inconvenience Sigrid in the process. That'd be nice too, don't you think?

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
I dunno, I could imagine that Katia with her newfound confidence magic powers, somehow goes into a drunken stupor and goes full terminator on Sigrid; and then waking up in jail with Sigrid still a free woman due to incompetence.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Opposing Farce posted:

Katia's been growing over the course of the comic, but I doubt she'll ever qualify as a wrecker of poo poo. But retrieving a letter might be within her grasp, and if she's really lucky she could even mild-to-moderately inconvenience Sigrid in the process. That'd be nice too, don't you think?

In the most recent update she did kind of hold out against a powerful Dark Elf ghost completely expending his magic. I think she may have taken the first step towards eventually becoming a wrecker of poo poo.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

God dammit Kazerad update more so I can see Katia maybe do some stuff.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Being social makes me swell!

umalt posted:

I dunno, I could imagine that Katia with her newfound confidence magic powers, somehow goes into a drunken stupor and goes full terminator on Sigrid; and then waking up in jail with Sigrid still a free woman due to incompetence.

Seeing that things have been going uphill for her these past few comics, this really does seem like the only option.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
Wow, never knew we had a Prequel thread, I always kind of figured the combination of catgirl and MSPA would be something goons would revile. I love the story so far but I find it best to just forget it exists for months at a time so the slow update speed is at least a little less painful. Kind of neat to see that Kaz has been posting here, it's interesting seeing his viewpoint on things. (And add me to the list of people who always assumed he was a woman, oh well.)

Kaz, I know you're probably not willing to give plot details away, but I'm curious if you have a definite ending already planned and whether you'd be willing to give at least a vague estimate of how far along in the story we are at this point?

Personally I'm hoping Katia has a few adventures to get to yet...it's weird, I've never been able to stomach Oblivion even though I loved Morrowind and Skyrim, but this comic has actually made it endearing. If only this had been the plot to the actual game.

Zoe
Jan 19, 2007
Hair Elf
:siren: Update! :siren:

e:

Let's hear what the fans have to say!

quote:

CardiacTasty • 18 minutes ago

Completely platonic as in heart-of-stone platonic, or completely platonic as in you-kind-of-sort-of-like-your-cousin platonic?

:ughh:

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
The last image in that update kills it, and really does feel like TES.jpg

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
What's the "platonic" quote in reference to?

Opposing Farce
Apr 1, 2010

Ever since our drop-off service, I never read a book.
There's always something else around, plus I owe the library nineteen bucks.
We had it wrong all along. Prequel isn't TES fanfiction, it's Arrested Development fanfiction.

idonotlikepeas
May 29, 2010

This reasoning is possible for forums user idonotlikepeas!

RandomPauI posted:

What's the "platonic" quote in reference to?

A little heart appears next to Quill-Weave's head in an imaginary image where she sees Katia again with her book, etc. Kazerad has helpfully written the word "platonic" next to the heart to clarify things for the slower readers, an effort which appears to have failed completely.

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
My favourite panel is the one where she checks her watch. It's so understated.

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

SatansBestBuddy posted:

My favourite panel is the one where she checks her watch. It's so understated.

That's a pretty good panel. I really like ninja-cat and happy lizard though.

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
She looks so happy to have telekinesis-ed the stick :3:

Wittgen
Oct 13, 2012

We have decided to decline your offer of a butt kicking.

Rose Spirit posted:

She looks so happy to have telekinesis-ed the stick :3:

Yeah, that was my favorite panel. They were all pretty good though.

I like how this comic effectively works in different gears. The dream sequences work really well as a creepy, weird comic. The mental breakdown parts work really well as a sad, dramatic comic. The leveling up, badass parts work as an exciting action comic. The comedy is strong throughout. Good stuff.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
Someone needs to make a gif avatar of a closeup of Katia's hand when she grabs the stick; which then pans over to her face in the next panel.

Then it needs the text underneath to say;

quote:

Hey.

Guess what's going up your butt.

Alliterate Addict
Jul 10, 2012

umalt posted:

Someone needs to make a gif avatar of a closeup of Katia's hand when she grabs the stick; which then pans over to her face in the next panel.

Then it needs the text underneath to say;

"Nurse, my proctology stick, please."

ShootaBoy
Jan 6, 2010

Anime is Bad.
Except for Pokemon, Valkyria Chronicles and 100% OJ.

Ursine Asylum posted:

This is amazing.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Ursine Asylum posted:

You do good things.

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax

Ursine Asylum posted:

...thank you. :canada:

Kazerad
Aug 1, 2011

Unshamed by Koos

Zoe posted:

Kaz, I know you're probably not willing to give plot details away, but I'm curious if you have a definite ending already planned and whether you'd be willing to give at least a vague estimate of how far along in the story we are at this point?

I have an ending planned, but it does change sometimes. The first time I ever tried running an interactive online story thing, I wrote myself into corners a lot. I learned that it was a lot different from a tabletop RPG in that readers would play it like a video game rather than a collaborative story. In other words, they actively try to break everything.

When I came back to the interactive story thing and tried again (after MSPA and Explosm had refined the entire idea a little more), I knew I had to safeguard against that. Hence, at any given point in Prequel I keep a clear path in mind for how it can lead to an ending. It works well, since it lets me change things based on input without risking a dead end. The downside, of course, is that it makes this very simple and common question necessitate a two paragraph reply.

As for how completed the story is, I'd rather keep quiet on that. There's a certain tension I enjoy in not being able to turn a story sideways and see how many pages are left. I can't speak for everyone, but one of my least favorite things ever is seeing the time while watching a TV show or movie, since it generally tells you how the protagonists' current actions will turn out. Even a bad idea will work if it's in the last five minutes of the show.

Though I guess in something like Prequel the opposite may be more accurate.

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass
Next update: Katia slips on a banana peel and dies.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Renaissance Robot posted:

Good av/post combo.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Renaissance Robot posted:

Spoilers!

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

You are now the banana peel.
:ins:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe

Adeline Weishaupt
Oct 16, 2013

by Lowtax
A) It took me way too long to get that.

B) It really makes it obvious how much better Prequel's art has gotten since the early updates.

Eggie
Aug 15, 2010

Something ironic, I'm certain
Update!

Yeah, I took a break from comics for a year or so so it's been awhile since I've checked this comic out. I'm loving it all over again, though. It's still very charming and engaging.

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

A competent khajiit appears?

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011
I really liked that the quest log joke continued for a bit.

Remora posted:

A competent khajiit appears?
Looks like.
Although given that her previous (and only, if I recall correctly) conversation with Katia didn't go too well, I doubt that she is going to be helpful.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
To be fair, the unorganized quest log DOES resemble the quest log you actually get in game. :colbert:

Liquid Dinosaur
Dec 16, 2011

by Smythe
Where in the flash game was this khajiit woman? I completely forget her and. Need to have a look.

radintorov
Feb 18, 2011

Liquid Dinosaur posted:

Where in the flash game was this khajiit woman? I completely forget her and. Need to have a look.
Excelsior!*
She wanders on the east side of the city, on the road that is between the Mages' Guild and the other shops, south of the arena.

*linked just in case

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Is there a comic where you can get a good look at Katia's breasts? I'm asking for a friend.

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

... Iiiiiiiif you want a general idea, I guess the comic before this one has her lift them up on accident with telekinesis?

Wait, what the hell? The hell is wrong with you?

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

WarpedNaba posted:

Wait, what the hell? The hell is wrong with you?

Says the man who had the answer he was looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarpedNaba
Feb 8, 2012

Because it was on the previous page!

• Locked thread