Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

The Worst Unicorn posted:

If I were Hussie I'd be kind of annoyed that someone took my thing wholesale and dropped it on their cat-people video game comic. Does he have any thoughts about it?

This is Hussie's official stance on Homestuck fan content:

quote:

I am humbled by your devotion. This is not any sort of platitude to be dismissed as quasi-sincere acceptance speech fodder, or a dispatch from my PR department because sometimes you guys give me money for stuff. This is sincerely true. I look around and still cannot quite believe the magnitude of the enthusiasm that surrounds this story. I stopped being able to keep track of all the fan art for it more than a year ago, and even then there were thousands of fan-made images I would diligently attempt to pore through. I have honestly never seen so much fan art created for anything, anywhere, ever. Even things which have millions of dollars backing their production budgets. Maybe Harry Potter has more? (Alright let's get real. HS fan art is probably just now beginning to approach the subset of drawings that involve Harry being naked with somebody.) Greater and greater hordes of troll cosplayers can be spotted taking over the floors of conventions. You could have pressed me on the subject, but I never would have guessed anyone could be quite so tickled to be slathered in messy gray makeup and crowned by a homemade pair of horns. There is this seething passion for HS that is a self-organizing, autonomous entity unto itself, which is practically inaccessible to my understanding or involvement, even though I'm responsible for the content driving it. I've kept Homestuck's fire hot; its gaping furnace was hungry for coal so I got goddamn shoveling. But you have been responsible for breathing life into this monstrous organism which surrounds me, and now in its breadth transcends my work entirely. To thank you as a whole for this phenomenon almost doesn't sound rational. It's like thanking a furious thunderstorm for the deluge of rain it gave to your thirsty little box of poseys. My paltry utterance dissipates in the far deep rumbling. The clouds don't even notice I'm there because they're too busy swapping fan fiction. Maybe instead I'll offer something more significant than gratitude. Something more personal and experiential. I'll submit my amazement. You can't see me now, but it is a look of wonder and discovery. A boyish look of astonishment at something remarkable beyond words, like a butterfly emerging from a cocoon, but on a more cosmic scale and more viscerally shocking. Like a squealing horrorterror's gruesome Cesarean birth. That is the look I have every time I disrupt the tunnel vision that keeps the work's bright sun searing my eyes. When they adjust to the dark, I see the silhouette in soft black focus of the young planet sized monster, chirping its affections. I offer it this look because it is all I have to give, with the exception of the tears streaming down my face. Its hunger is piqued at the fluid and my only regret is I can never possibly provide enough to nourish the orphan, now that it can never know the taste of its dead mother's heinous teatbrine.

Seems pretty comprehensive to me!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

SirSamVimes posted:

I think that it is planning some overarching epic storyline. I mean, where did the nightmares come from?

Katia is probably the main character of Oblivion before the events of the game itself (hence the title). The nightmares have something to do with that, apparently, I dunno, I never played the game.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

pandaK posted:

Katia is an actual NPC in Oblivion.

It's called Prequel because it's a prequel to Oblivion as a whole based off of the surroundings of Katia's life.

There are actual NPC's in the comic, I know that much, but after a quick Google and Oblivion wiki search it doesn't look like Katia's one of them.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Phylodox posted:

I got the impression that she was the narrator, or that the narrator was relaying her thoughts, not their own. I mean, one of the main themes of the story is how much of a failure she thinks she is and how much she hates herself.

Pretty much. The narration is basically first-person with the pronouns mixed up.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

Dominic White posted:

He seems to be pretty high in all stats - as someone said, he's like a parody of a rampaging player character. He crunches his numbers, min-maxes his profits, cuts a bloody swathe through anything that seems reasonably stabbable and smoothtalks anyone he doesn't immediately murder.

Not to mention he stores an illogical number of items within various crevices on his body, meaning he has a huge inventory but outwardly looks totally normal.

Well, not normal, but you get the gist.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
And that's why I put a bullet in my computer monitor, everybody

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
When I tried to open a can of those pre-made Bisquick biscuits for the first time I didn't know that they came with instructions on the back and all attempts to use a can opener on them bewildered me. I eventually resorted to stabbing the can with a spoon until it exploded.

This was a while ago, mind, but cookery makes savages of us all.

• Locked thread