Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

That trailer was rad, the camera pan across the swinging blade was really cool, the music was great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem

Agent Kool-Aid posted:

videogame nerds should never be allowed to pick music or make aesthetic decisions for games. it's a universal rule

:agreed:

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

That music made no sense and if there's one thing I expect from a StreumOn, it's for nothing to make any loving sense. The best way for them to hype this game to me is for everything to be as nonsensical as possible and they are off to a good start.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

The fact that the music doesn't fit at all, and the trailer is all about poo poo exploding, burning and slashing with StreumOn behind brings me hope. They better include Brozeps as coins.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

NeurosisHead posted:

It looks like Streum On is making a WH40k Space Hulk game, and it has a cool trailer
One of the first sentences that caught my eye when I scrolled down to the comments was "Sadly, KKK isn't present in my motherland". :psyduck: I, uh, nope. Not gazing further into that abyss.

Saint Freak posted:

So of course I look down at the comments and the first one I see is requesting they use Dragonforce instead :rolleyes:
Yeah, because you see, nothing says "badass" like some colourful happy happy wheeeee flower metal.
I guess those kids have never heard of Bolt Thrower.

Anyways, It's good to see Streum On working on actual WH40k. That trailer is the tits and the absurd music is great. Not fitting, but very fittingly unfitting.
I'm optimistic, but very carefully so because Cyanide is also involved.

Now if only someone made a Chaos Gate 2...

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I think Cyanide is only involved on the publishing side of things.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
I came across it because I'm subcribed to Focus Home Interactive's youtube channel; I looked at Streum On's website and it hasn't been updated since around when the multiplayer patch went into EYE. I get the impression that they've been absorbed into Cyanide based on that and the fact that Cyanide's name is also on the game website, but I don't know anything for fact. My sincere hope is that GW approved Streum On's design decisions for a 40k game, Cyanide is maybe providing some additional coding support where labor is needed, and Focus is publishing it all. Because a 40k Deathwing Space Hulk FPS designed by Streum On is basically a dream come true.

And that music was an incredible choice. I might be an old metal head, but hip hop and latin music both make for a a really engaging groove, far more so than math metal and only two minutes of a soaring orchestra. That poo poo owned.

Ravenfood
Nov 4, 2011
Trailer loving owned and the nerd tears make it even better.

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

I think their music trolling is intentional, I love WH40k universe but I've learned that WH fanboys can be huge crybabies when it comes to immersion, so if they put another trailer with Whitney Houston singing I will always love you I'm all in :mrgw:

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Guillermus posted:

I think their music trolling is intentional, I love WH40k universe but I've learned that WH fanboys can be huge crybabies when it comes to immersion, so if they put another trailer with Whitney Houston singing I will always love you I'm all in :mrgw:

I'd love a slow-motion, no sound effect scene of mass carnage, exploding crewmen and people dying horribly to the Tyranid menace with a single dying crewman looking up to see the Termies teleporting in and carving them to pieces to the Celine Dion track from Titanic.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Nordick posted:

That game had the *best* music.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
I want a dynamic mariachi soundtrack for Deathwing

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Improbable Lobster posted:

I want a dynamic mariachi soundtrack for Deathwing

Warhammer 40k: Guacamelee heretics.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

The Lone Badger posted:

That game had the *best* music.
And the guns sounded loving brutal for their time, and all the battle taunts were just 110% WH40k.

Devastator marine: "STARFIRE SHALL DEVOUR YOUR BLACK SOUL"
Plasma cannon: "BFWOOMPH"
Chaos Marine: "I DIE FOR THE DARK GODS"
:black101:

Mecharasputin
May 30, 2009

Ultra Carp
Does the wh40k universe have a canon currency? Relic gave us Blood Ravens, why can't StreumOn give us brosefs?

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

Seconding the brosefs thing. I also want the bearkiller even if it's not cannon.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Guillermus posted:

even if it's not cannon.

No, the bearkiller is certainly cannon.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Nordick posted:

One of the first sentences that caught my eye when I scrolled down to the comments was "Sadly, KKK isn't present in my motherland". :psyduck: I, uh, nope. Not gazing further into that abyss.

Yeah, because you see, nothing says "badass" like some colourful happy happy wheeeee flower metal.
I guess those kids have never heard of Bolt Thrower.

Anyways, It's good to see Streum On working on actual WH40k. That trailer is the tits and the absurd music is great. Not fitting, but very fittingly unfitting.
I'm optimistic, but very carefully so because Cyanide is also involved.

I think the worst thing about the 40k community is how some people really embrace the shitshow that is the imperium. They think it's actually a cool place that they want to live in. I don't quite think they "get" the universe despite dedicating decades of their life to it.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

Mecharasputin posted:

Does the wh40k universe have a canon currency? Relic gave us Blood Ravens, why can't StreumOn give us brosefs?

The Throne is the Imperial currency in 40K, Orks on the other hand use their teeth, which grow back rapidly.

Red Crown
Oct 20, 2008

Pretend my finger's a knife.

Nordick posted:

Crawling in some tunnels, meta-streumonic creatures all over the place. Apparently there's a special one lurking around somewhere.

"It's coming!!" my contact informs me.

A scrawny little alien looking thingy emerges from a vent. *THWUP* says my Motra SMG, the creature falls dead from a single bullet.

"You have killed a Supreme Beast!"

I, uh, okay. :effort:

This game is absurd as hell and I love it.

Achievement Unlocked: Messiah Stopper :allears:

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
It's not quite time for an OP and a hype train yet, but this little piece makes the 40k game sound even more exciting.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Some notable points from that article:

-Variety of guns and melee weapons that are unlockable through "hunting down important artefacts and relics"
-Up to 4-player co-op
-A.I. squad members you can order on a tactical map and equip differently (not sure if players take the place of them)
-Non-linear maps with different pathways to take going to both primary and secondary objectives
-Locational damage
-"psychic Librarian powers that you’ll come to unlock"

I feel like a lot of that stuff can be trusted considering those points were mostly the things that E.Y.E. already did really well. Can they make it a hilariously incomprehensible clusterfuck again too, that remains to be seen. I'm also interested in seeing what kind of customization there ends up being in the end, like if there will be stats like in E.Y.E. or classes or something else.

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

Only 4 player coop? EYE had 32, they've ruined everything, game will suck, preorder cancelled.

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

I wonder if they are going to do structured missions like EYE or more open "go into space hulk and gently caress poo poo up".

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO
Remember how in EYE you could go into any of the maps once you completed them and do random little submissions for xp and brosefs? I hope it's something like that, but in the windy claustrophobic hell of a space hulk.

chairface
Oct 28, 2007

No matter what you believe, I don't believe in you.

NeurosisHead posted:

Remember how in EYE you could go into any of the maps once you completed them and do random little submissions for xp and brosefs? I hope it's something like that, but in the windy claustrophobic hell of a space hulk.

Given how most EYE stages work, so... exactly like that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
I'm a lot more optimistic after reading there will be gun using enemies because fighting the Metastreum was really dull and tedious in EYE.

• Locked thread