Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

The Flying Milton posted:

:argh: Keep getting passed over. http://steamcommunity.com/id/FlyingMilton

Someone posted in the Steam thread, which makes three of us. Would you be able to buy it?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

I spent fifteen minutes wandering through vents right after the first armory tutorial. I finally found what looked like the exit, except it was just a clipping problem and I fell through the world and died. :smith:

edit: I ended up noclipping back to where I was because gently caress crouching through all those vents again. Apparently the route I found skips the entire combat portion of the tutorial. Oops.

Phoix fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jul 30, 2011

Ghost of Mussolini
Jun 26, 2011

Dominic White posted:

Also, there's seperate difficulty sliders for enemy toughness (actually affects the tiers of enemies you see) and enemy spawn rates, too.
Thanks for the reply. Can the difficulty/spawn slider be tweaked level by level (or by enemy type)? that would be ideal to minimize boring corridor shooting.

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
-withdrawn, solution found-

Asehujiko fucked around with this message at 18:34 on Jul 30, 2011

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Ghost of Mussolini posted:

Thanks for the reply. Can the difficulty/spawn slider be tweaked level by level (or by enemy type)? that would be ideal to minimize boring corridor shooting.

It's just the two sliders. General combat difficulty, and enemy reinforcement quantity. You can change it at any time though, I believe. And at maximum enemy spawn rate, you're going to be fighting ALL THE TIME.

Eigo
Mar 21, 2010

Asehujiko posted:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Asehujiko/
I also found some promo keys for Mafia 2 and Just Cause 2, think they're non-steam though as they came with my video card.

From what I recall and what Google says, both games have steamworks as their native DRM so they are definitely steam keys.

The Flying Milton
Jan 18, 2005

YYZ posted:

Someone posted in the Steam thread, which makes three of us. Would you be able to buy it?

Bought. Add me if you will

Two more slots left in my four pack then. http://steamcommunity.com/id/FlyingMilton

Edit: and with that all spots are taken.

The Flying Milton fucked around with this message at 17:35 on Jul 30, 2011

Springtime Goddess
Sep 2, 2006

oh no i put a stupid title text here when i registered in 2006 please how do i change it i am not good with computer

Two more slots left in my four pack then. http://steamcommunity.com/id/FlyingMilton

I'd like a slot. Adding you as http://steamcommunity.com/id/domenatrix

EDIT: Got it, thanks. :)

Springtime Goddess fucked around with this message at 17:45 on Jul 30, 2011

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I want one, I will add you. http://steamcommunity.com/id/tsurupettan

e: Thank you, sir. I am now $13.50 poorer. No regrets at all. :colbert:

Tsurupettan fucked around with this message at 17:39 on Jul 30, 2011

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Been playing a bit more. Gotten into the second area of the second mission and it's definitely feeling like a combat heavy cyber/psi punk game. DE with less talky and more shooty/hacky/psionics. Been hacking everything in sight. With a good dose of getting my own brain fried.

UselessLurker
Apr 28, 2008
I have the option to hack myself. Why in the hell would I want to do that. :psylon:

Gyrolion
May 25, 2007
Any Euro want to buy the 4-pack?
Really interested in this game!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/gyrolion

SSJ Reeko
Nov 4, 2009
Can you wear a fuzzy cape?

This is important.

Yaos
Feb 22, 2003

She is a cat of significant gravy.
I don't think the developers cared about making the game, the enter button is the default use key; I'm surprised the default movement keys were not the arrow keys.

Corvy Day
Jan 29, 2006
squark.

SSJ Reeko posted:

Can you wear a fuzzy cape?

This is important.

Don't think you can customise your character aesthetics beyond choosing your armor (Light, Medium, Heavy flavours). I don't even know how to enter a third-person to look at my dude. The camera pops out to behind-your-back when you're messing with the inventory, but your view is heavily obscured by the UI.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Yaos posted:

I don't think the developers cared about making the game, the enter button is the default use key; I'm surprised the default movement keys were not the arrow keys.
It's usually E but Q/E are reserved for leaning. Then most of the other keys surrounding WASD are used up by other binds, Enter is a fair compromise. It's not like it denies you from being able to rebind it (I ended up rebinding it to ALT myself).

Corvy Day posted:

Don't think you can customise your character aesthetics beyond choosing your armor (Light, Medium, Heavy flavours). I don't even know how to enter a third-person to look at my dude. The camera pops out to behind-your-back when you're messing with the inventory, but your view is heavily obscured by the UI.
Type 'thirdperson' in console. Then 'cam_idealyaw 128' to rotate the camera (may need 'sv_cheats 1' to do that).

gibbed fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Jul 30, 2011

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

This is so so so so weird and buggy. I was basically useless for the first two missions I did with friends because just doing basic stuff requires navigating menus and rebinding things.

And yet... this is really neat. I hope it gets some further support too.

LumberingTroll
Sep 9, 2007

Really it's not because
I don't like you...
Ya this game rocks. been doing some 4 player coop and its fun as hell.

Dre2Dee2
Dec 6, 2006

Just a striding through Kamen Rider...
How long is the game overall? Is it like stages?

DatonKallandor
Aug 21, 2009

"I can no longer sit back and allow nationalist shitposting, nationalist indoctrination, nationalist subversion, and the German nationalist conspiracy to sap and impurify all of our precious game balance."
Also, anyone doing heavy Psi-work, check the Cybertech you can upgrade yourself with. There's several that increase energy recharge and decrease energy consumption.

Phoix
Jul 20, 2006

This game is so frustrating. It's just so close to being excellent but there's just so much weird broken poo poo that it's almost a chore to play. I can't even decide if I like it or not. :smith:

Tribal Rival
Oct 5, 2008

I am this fiery snail crawling home

Rookersh posted:

Would anyone be down for a 4 pack around the 5th?

I don't have the cash for it now, but thats when I get paid, so trying to see if anyone else is in the same boat as I am, so I can find 3 other people before the whole 4 pack craze dies off.

Absolutely! I don't have the loose cash now due to a wedding and a birthday party both today on seperate sides of the state, so I have a lot of gas money flying out of my pocket.

I will 100% for sure be ready by the 5th, though, so hell yeah I want in.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/soupandsaladbar

Friend me, we'll go from there. Just don't let me forget, because I tend to do that.

Tribal Rival fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Jul 30, 2011

Chinook
Apr 11, 2006

SHODAI

I have Steam cash in my wallet, but would rather not use paypal. Would anyone with
an extra copy let me know which games that add up to ~$13.50 they would like? :)

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cirruspaxton

Majestic
Mar 19, 2004

Don't listen to us!

We're fuckwits!!
Well I've suddenly realized it's half past three in the morning.

Playing on max difficulty the game is really quite challenging, which is nice, though at least so far, if you can see an enemy and you have a rifle of any kind, they die extremely quickly.

So a few questions to those who seem to understand the game world a little better:
Why do I get to keep all the XP and money I make even after I've used all up my resurrectors and been told "That was all a dream". That's a cool mechanic, but since I keep all the money and experience it seems a bit odd. On the other hand I seem to be racking up permanent afflictions that reduce my stats, so maybe it's meant to balance that out?

In the first big mission you can do the job for the corrupt cop and get a bunch of money for it, die, then do it again, and as far as I could see I kept the money each time? Or am I just imagining this because it's late?

This is the first time I've been really captivated by a game in a long time, thanks for posting OP!

Blast of Confetti
Apr 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Is there any way that the mod its self can be open for modding? I can see some really awesome things coming out of the basic build if the developer can't get around to fixing things.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

Blast of Confetti posted:

Is there any way that the mod its self can be open for modding? I can see some really awesome things coming out of the basic build if the developer can't get around to fixing things.
Doubtful but mapping is certainly possible with Hammer (especially since the developers left the .fgd around).

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Just watched the trailer on Steam. I have never been so turned on by a game's description and turned off by a game's gameplay.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

I have no idea what's going on, but it seems like fun

An enemy just spawned on top of me while I was in a menu

YYZ fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Jul 30, 2011

see you tomorrow
Jun 27, 2009

This is completely baffling but somehow really interesting at the same time.

bigger thicker loads
Feb 28, 2003

you know you want it
If there's a four-pack going on right now I'm totally in.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/EricD

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

I have a guy. He's a guy with a really big power katana. He's got really big armor, and he runs up to things and explodes them into a shower of gibs with his power katana. He also has dudes, dudes that look like him and shoot other things and distract them while I explode them with my power katana.

dorkasaurus_rex
Jun 10, 2005

gawrsh do you think any women will be there

I just heard of this game, but as a super huge fan of Killing Floor, I think this game is going to do great things. It's probably bit wonky, but seeing as how much of a mod/indie scene the developers came out of, and they're just now seeing actual returns from their game, I don't think it's improbable to suggest that they'll be supporting it with big updates in the future after hearing some feedback.

It's nice to see a low-fi game set out to do big things and achieve even some of them, and heck, from the sounds of it, even manage to be fun in the process.

YYZ
Apr 26, 2011

Do enemies constantly respawn? Every time I try to hack something I get rushed by a load of enemies.

vv Didn't think that hacking would attract enemies, but I guess that makes sense

YYZ fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Jul 30, 2011

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

I have not seen respawning directly like that, but certain events (storyline) will cause new enemies to spawn. Your hacking is probably just attracting enemies from further off.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Couple of screenshots (from the first level)

As for respawning, it's a game mechanic. You can reduce it in the Options menu.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
So I am slowly running out of resurrections. What happens after that? Game over?

Also, how do I do research. It is impossible for me so far. It refuses to let me research medikits.

Geisladisk
Sep 15, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

I have a guy. He's a guy with a really big power katana. He's got really big armor, and he runs up to things and explodes them into a shower of gibs with his power katana. He also has dudes, dudes that look like him and shoot other things and distract them while I explode them with my power katana.

I don't think it's possible to sell a game to me better than this.

Jalumibnkrayal
Apr 16, 2008

Ramrod XTreme

Torabi posted:

So I am slowly running out of resurrections. What happens after that? Game over?

Nah, you just have to start the mission over from the beginning.

quote:

Also, how do I do research. It is impossible for me so far. It refuses to let me research medikits.

You can only initiate new research when you're in the HQ. You can't begin researching while out in the field, though the research timer counts down no matter where you are.

Boar It
Jul 29, 2011

Mesmerizing eyebrows is my specialty
Ah. That explains quite a lot. Thank you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Jalumibnkrayal posted:

You can only initiate new research when you're in the HQ. You can't begin researching while out in the field, though the research timer counts down no matter where you are.

I've researched about half dozen things, all of which I did while dicking around in New Eden. I have never been able to start research in the HQ.

• Locked thread