Search Amazon.com:
Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us $3,400 per month for bandwidth bills alone, and since we don't believe in shoving popup ads to our registered users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

No matter how things may seem to change, never forget who you are

With the death of WebOS () my wife & I are looking to jump ship from Sprint back to T-Mobile's loving if potentially short-lived arms.

Currently we're thinking:

code:
1000 Minute Value - Talk - $49.98
$5 * 2 for unlimited SMS - $10.00
$10 for 2gb data         - $10.00
$5 for 200mb data (wife) - $ 5.00
for a grand total of $74.98/mo before EIP, taxes, and fees. That seems like a pretty screaming deal to me even knowing that EIP on two phones could be $30/mo. Now to wait & see if the Omega is worth anything I guess, the HD7 feels like it's been out for a long time at this point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Maker Of Shoes posted:

Dear T-Mo, build out HSPA+ on 1900. We already know you're secretly doing it.

Love, everyone

http://www.tmonews.com/2011/12/unlo...s-true-sort-of/

So, anybody have a trip report on the wal-mart $30 plan? I see a lot of pretty negative comments on the item itself on their site but it sounds so perfect for my usage that it's hard to resist.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

I bought a T-Mobile phone & it came with an un-activated SIM. I want to sign up on t-mobile.com for the $30 walmart plan but their site says I need an activation code. I didn't get an activation code w/ my phone because it's not a prepaid device. Anybody know what I should do? The plan on walmart.com (http://www.walmart.com/ip/Tmobile-3...e-Card/15443357) sounds like it's intended for people that already have an activated SIM.

Did I screw this up somehow?

EDIT: Whoops, I need an activation kit. I was trying to use the regular un-activated SIM bundled with the new phone. Guess I just have to wait until the activation kit I ordered shows up tomorrow.

Tivac fucked around with this message at Dec 28, 2011 around 23:31

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Turnquiet posted:

Does this $30/100 min plan count mobile to mobile/nights & weekends in the tally? Or is it just 100 prime time minutes to a landline? If so, this plan might be what I need to land on after I ditch Sprint's dumpy service.

It's 100 minutes, end of story. No free mobile to mobile, no free nights and weekends.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Has T-Mobile really turned on 1900 for Seattle? I've heard rumblings but don't have a device to try it myself. I work 2 minutes from T-Mo headquarters and want an unlocked Lumia 920 but would hate to go to all that trouble/expense if it won't work.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Has anybody seen the cost if you just want to outright buy the 925 from T-Mo? I'm on the Wal-Mart $30/mo plan and have no desire to change that.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

It didn't work for me on my HTC Radar when I first tried. Set it up on my Lumia 925 a week or so ago with no issues. Dunno when it changed, but sure wish they would have advertised it better.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Both my wife and.myself have been hit by an issue where group MMS to numbers on other carriers always arrive blank. I complained about it on Twitter and the T-FORCE had me send them some info. After 3 rounds of emails explaining the problem to different reps who all thought I meant picture MMS for some reason I finally got a sensible answer.

quote:

Our engineers have actually identified this as a nationwide outage with MMS between carriers and are working hard to restore full MMS capability as soon as possible. I'm sorry that we don't have a specific or estimated time of resolution, but we do know that this is a very high priority, as we want all aspects of the service to work properly.

So if anybody's seen weird group MMS stuff recently, that's probably why. Sure wish they had an ETA on fixing it...

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

I'm getting my wife an upgrade to an iPhone for Christmas. I want to either activate it at like 4am Christmas morning or use a SIM cutter to cut down her existing SIM. If I did that will it work in the iPhone, or does it actually require that T-Mobile activate it?

My assumption is it doesn't, but it's an iPhone so who knows.

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

Civil posted:

Free nano sim.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/sim-card

Once you get the sim (takes 4 - 5 days) and the new phone, activate the new sim card here.

http://www.t-mobile.com/SIM (need to log in)

interesting, I assumed the iPhone wound come with a nano SIM. Is activating a new SIM for an existing number a totally automated process?

We've got a newborn, so to keep this a surprise I have a very small window between about 5am and 9am to either switch SIMs from current phone to iPhone or get iPhone SIM activated. Gotta get the iPhone wrapped before she wakes up, and I'd like it to be live when I do that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tivac
Feb 18, 2003

gariig posted:

I want to say this only works if you are on a post paid account. For my prepaid accounts it never worked and I had to call T-Mobile to get the SIM switched. You might want to actually set this up Christmas Eve with your wife. A lot of places are closed Christmas Day and you might end up with a new iPhone that doesn't work until you call T-Mobile on 12/26.

My wife's account is postpaid, so that should be fine. The iPhone was purchased direct from tmo as an upgrade so presumably it'll have a sim. Hopefully I can just activate online but if it gives me any grief I'll just try swapping I guess.

Keeping this a Christmas morning surprise is important, December is the month for sneaking and skullduggery in my household.