Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

DreamingApe posted:

I also remember that some motherboards were picky about what ps/2 port you used for your mouse or keyboard and others that didn't give a poo poo.

I've never come across a motherboard that would accept a PS/2 device that wasn't plugged in at boot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Coffee Quack posted:

I haven't encountered more than a dozen computers in 15 years of doing dumb poo poo with computers where I couldn't get a ps2 keyboard easily working live plugging it.

The mouse is another story.

I must be remembering wrong then. We use new computers where I work. :smug:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Small White Dragon posted:

Personally, I'm looking forward to Y2K38.

I'm retired by then. :smug:

Edit, no I'm not. :cry:

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003
Saw this on Reddit. I think Xerox is overreacting just a little bit.

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

Jago posted:

I was having some issues cloning a drive

If you're using Windows give Macrium Reflect a try.

Except for *nix boxes I'm using nothing but Macrium nowadays. I've even bought a license for (better) home use.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowley
Mar 13, 2003

~Coxy posted:

If I plug in only a USB IR remote, my Dell laptop won't boot without pressing a key on the internal keyboard which is quite annoying since it's ostenibly my HTPC. Oddly if I plug a wireless keyboard/mouse dongle as well it boots fine.

There's an option in BIOS to ignore keyboard errors.

• Locked thread