Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Item Getter posted:

Damning with faint praise

hatty posted:

The Story in V is pretty good imo. About as good as IV and better than apocalypse but worse than Nocturne

4 and 4 A are better stories than 3. Better games...probably yeah actually. Better asethetics? probably not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?
poo poo, took a month off GamePass and didn’t realize that in the mean time Soul Hackers left the service.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022
SMT3 reminds me of the feeling of getting lost and ending up someplace where you're REALLY not supposed to be

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
The samurai outfits are so cool. Peak 4 is sooooo aesthetic

MrMidnight
Aug 3, 2006

wizard2 posted:

SMT3 reminds me of the feeling of getting lost and ending up someplace where you're REALLY not supposed to be

Yeah it's pretty unnerving...game owns

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

Rinkles posted:

poo poo, took a month off GamePass and didn’t realize that in the mean time Soul Hackers left the service.

This is why I unsubbed. I like RPGs but I sometimes take months to beat them and go back and forth

Also I simply don’t have that much time to play games where the sub model makes sense anymore. My backlog is huge! I have games I bought and didn’t start!

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

https://x.com/Atlus_West/status/1770601286469378446?s=20

SMTVV coming a week earlier because they didn't want to go head to head with the ERDLC. Website updated so we've got art and names for some of the new girls:

Naamah

Eisheth Zenunim

Agrat Bat Mahlat

Glasya-Labolas

Other stuff: Tao, Yuzuru, and Dazai are all Guests as well. Tao specializes in Healing and Support magic, while Yuzuru and Dazai summon demons from their COMPs. Dazai uses "weird" demons like Aitvaras and Mokoi.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Love something like Japanese writers love naming random stuff after kabbalah concepts.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

Other stuff:
Chain Battles are back in and are more likely to occur if you initiated an encounter around lots of other enemies.
There are A Lot of Magatsuhi Combo skills, and maybe even new regular ones? Mad Gasser has one on his list that damages all enemies, has a chance to insta kill, and reduces the enemy team's Press Turn Icons by 1 their next round. Theoretically there's some utility there compared to a lot o the ones in the base game.
I don't really understand how the combos actually work because they show a combo with the four Archangels, and one with the four Heavenly Kings, and the Math isn't really Mathing there. There's also one with Nekomata, Nekoshogun, and Cait Sith.
Demon Unique Skills seem to be split into three categories: Strengthening specific elements for the party (Angel's skill increases the damage done by hitting enemy weak points with Hama), Strengthening when specific demons/categories are present (Zouchouten's skill raises his Atk/Def/Agi by two stages when he's summoned into the party if another Heavenly King is present), and Negotiation (Mothman's skill allows him to step in and smooth over negotiations if you mess them up).
There are new interactions in negotiations, one thing is a Who's That Pokemon-style quiz where you're shown a silhouette and gave to correctly identify the demon. There are also more Demon to Demon chats, like Nekomata and Senri.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
I trust Mothman to handle the talking.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

my fav smt game is devil survivor and I bet thats an uncommon opinion lol

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

Meowywitch posted:

It's my son's favorite SMT game! It's a big part of Elder Gen Z nostalgia, it seems like?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

It's not a bad one

CullenDaGaDee
Aug 20, 2023

I got the will to drive myself sleepless
I don't know if I'd call it my favorite, but Devil Survivor Overclocked is one of the few SMT games I've 100%'d more than once. The only other games I liked enough to full clear multiple times are Nocturne and DDS1.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
I didn't care for it but I thought it was cute that it gave the COMPs a protocol name with ddtp://

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

Meowywitch posted:

Especially with the overclocked stuff it is the rare smt where chaos/law feel like viable choices to make.

NikkolasKing
Apr 3, 2010

I prefer Devil Survivor 2, but DeSu 1 is still good. I've said it before but all the best SMT games are on the 3DS, and that includes the DeSu remakes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-9GDsbBsL0

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Soul Hackers is the best. It's only flaw is being too easy.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

Nocturne now has Retroachivements.

Your Uncle Dracula
Apr 16, 2023
At Least the Coffin is Ready: have enemy Mot use Beast Eye twice in one round and wipe the Demifiend.

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
New Vengeance trailer. It looks sick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TZaGO8Os_fw

No Mods No Masters
Oct 3, 2004

It looks good, but I don't know about the new nahobino design.

On the other hand, I do know about the nahoheeno design: owns

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hjjEDe31lkE

English version of the trailer. I think it's really cool they're bringing back classic demons like Mastema, Azazel, and Serph.

hughesta
Jun 12, 2012

i know its super duper kooper
cool like up the bitches snitches

hatty posted:

oh man this looks so good

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

It's Mad Men preview level of comprehensible but I like the look of the new and returning demons. If that new form of Naho is related to Serph it's very interesting lorewise considering what he became in the end of DDS2 and how it relates to what Lucy was attempting.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

hatty posted:

This looks great, i'm really excited.

susan b buffering
Nov 14, 2016

that song at the end is so loving sick

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Looks great. Not sure what to feel about the trailer just being people babbling about nonsense poo poo but looks great nonetheless

Infinity Gaia
Feb 27, 2011

a storm is coming...

The new 'beeno is clearly just fusing with Tsukuyomi.

frajaq
Jan 30, 2009

#acolyte GM of 2014

hatty posted:

This legit looks so good

Why does it have to release so close to Trails Through Daybreak :negative:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

I am going to bet the new 'beno is "Vengence Form/Mode/etc" and will be born after someone dies.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer
Nahobino going feral and possibly developing a personality based on that attack animation, I'm down

Really feels like they're giving this the Strange Journey Redux treatment and I think that's great.

wizard2
Apr 4, 2022

ImpAtom posted:

I am going to bet the new 'beno is "Vengence Form/Mode/etc" and will be born after someone dies.

perhaps he'll true goddess metempsychosis himself for good this time

:hmmyes:

hatty
Feb 28, 2011

Pork Pro
Wonder if there will be more of a focus on the humans in the vengeance route. I thought they were all kinda dull so I didn’t mind that they took a back seat so if they’re gonna be more present I hope they’re interesting now

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010

If nothing else it seems like Miyazu is actually getting cutscenes this time around.

GiantRockFromSpace
Mar 1, 2019

Just Cram It

hatty posted:

Wonder if there will be more of a focus on the humans in the vengeance route. I thought they were all kinda dull so I didn’t mind that they took a back seat so if they’re gonna be more present I hope they’re interesting now

If I heard correctly the new golden dungeon where they showcased New Nahobino was mentioned to be related to the Shekinah Glory which is what keeps the fake Tokyo around so maybe?

Going by the trailer it seems the changes involve possibly Yuzuru's sister getting murked by the Qaditsu, thus his reaction in the original trailer and Nahobino getting killed by them too? That combination attack they showed of them looked a lot like one of those boss battles you lose and then it shows Nahobino getting attacked and then cut away to new Nahobino design. Someone said in comments it might be protag fused with Tsukuyomi cause the silver palette, the undervisor and moon blades so maybe Aogami dies and protag fuses with his brother cause they're compatible? Or another Proto-fiend.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

If I heard correctly the new golden dungeon where they showcased New Nahobino was mentioned to be related to the Shekinah Glory which is what keeps the fake Tokyo around so maybe?

Going by the trailer it seems the changes involve possibly Yuzuru's sister getting murked by the Qaditsu, thus his reaction in the original trailer and Nahobino getting killed by them too? That combination attack they showed of them looked a lot like one of those boss battles you lose and then it shows Nahobino getting attacked and then cut away to new Nahobino design. Someone said in comments it might be protag fused with Tsukuyomi cause the silver palette, the undervisor and moon blades so maybe Aogami dies and protag fuses with his brother cause they're compatible? Or another Proto-fiend.

It's possible, though it does look like we have classic 'bino encountering what is likely later-game new stuff too, though that may be in standard mode.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

GiantRockFromSpace posted:

Speculation I could absolutely see the story split branching off a situation where Tao's not able to sacrifice herself to save Nahobino's life. At the end of the trailer she's in her goddess form, but there's no reason that she can't come to that point differently. And yeah, Yuzuru definitely seems like he's pissed off, and losing his sister would do it.

wologar
Feb 11, 2014

නෝනාවරුනි

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Mastema has been notable in 2 games. In one he was a huge rear end in a top hat, in the other he was pretty benevolent. So who knows which way he will fall.