Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Pasting my post from the P4A thread for a bunch of new English trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqaQsA3t0Aw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8XaC3B3K-Z4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvTtDkcSk0A
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Td1fcstCZ1A

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022

Beef Waifu posted:

Pasting my post from the P4A thread for a bunch of new English trailers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqaQsA3t0Aw

I am so glad the word tsundere didn't end up in the official translation.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
You know I wouldn't mind that announcer voice as a navigator. At least I'd prefer having Patrick Seitz shouting warnings at me mid-combat.
Was that a random Futurama reference in Shadow Labrys' dialogue?

Strange Quark posted:

I am so glad the word tsundere didn't end up in the official translation.

Antisocial works surprisingly well. Beats bipolar I guess.

ManOfTheYear
Jan 5, 2013
I started a fresh new game on P4 Golden on very hard and I just cleared Yukiko's dungeon at lv 14. I clocked at 5:30 hours but in reality it was closer to 9, because I died a lot. The boss itself was very easy but leveling up itself was a little by little double-checking super-saving odyssey. I had 4 days left for clearing the dungeon when I finished and I solely and only did the dungeon, no social links or upgrading the "real world" stats (courage etc.). I think I will mostly gloss over the s. links and just try to clear the game, then have a second run when I max them. Clearing that dungeon was a real journey and it was extremely satisfying to start to finally floor the opponents once I got strong enough and had my strategy refined. Apparently there are no "alert" phases after battles in this mode and thank god for that.

My characters will be PTSD-ridden combat veteran badasses after a few weeks of this. Good luck getting any social contacts in that state. I named MC Snake Pliskin to underline this fact: The idea of burly mullet-headed Kurt Russel with an eyepatch sitting in a classroom with teenagers is just amazing.

Snake-kun :allears:

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

ManOfTheYear posted:

I had 4 days left for clearing the dungeon when I finished and I solely and only did the dungeon, no social links or upgrading the "real world" stats (courage etc.). I think I will mostly gloss over the s. links and just try to clear the game, then have a second run when I max them.

dont do this

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Skipping the S. Links is a bad idea even just from a gameplay perspective. At the very least, do the S. Links for your party members.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Your plastic pal who's fun to be with!
If you want Hard Mode in an SMT game, just try to finish ANY of the old games without a FAQ

don't play Persona on Hard because it literally just makes the random poo poo more unfair and thus really not fun.

playing The Answer was like pulling out your own teeth

Factory Davey
Jan 9, 2010

I am aware of what the hands look like. I did my best. :(

Excels posted:

playing The Answer was like pulling out your own teeth

Seriously. Just google the one thing that happens, it's not worth it.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
Going up against Abaddon in SMT II may have been one of the most annoying things I've done. It was able to lower my attack and none of my demons could raise it back up so I had to resort to cherrytapping it for almost twenty or thirty minutes. Combine that with it constantly confusing my demons, making them go back into the COMP was one of the worst things. It was one of the dumbest and crazy things.

Probably need to stop relying on Aleph and Hiroko to auto-battle everything, but it worked so far. I should also make better demons, hopefully I haven't limited the pool of good ones too much by going Chaos.

Baltazar Robotnik posted:

Seriously. Just google the one thing that happens, it's not worth it.

I plan to play The Answer going against mine and everyone I've talked to about it's better judgement because I'm actually an idiot.

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Aug 22, 2014

Saagonsa
Dec 29, 2012

The Answer isn't really horrible, it just gets kinda dull a couple dungeons in and doesn't really get very interesting again until the end.

If you do plan to play it, make sure you don't ignore a certain new party member. If you do you'll very much regret it near the end

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
Around September in P3 Vanilla.

How in the hell is Ken voiced by Mona Marshall? That sounds NOTHING like her....

Also, I made a Dominion with Matarukaja and Marakukaja. I'm trying to make a spport/healing persona with the aforementoned skills AND and Rakunda Sakunda (all in preparation for the Sleeping Table dungeon boss). Any tips?

BornAPoorBlkChild fucked around with this message at 05:43 on Aug 22, 2014

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Race Realists posted:

Around September in P3 Vanilla.

How in the hell is Ken voiced by Mona Marshall? That sounds NOTHING like her....

Also, I made a Dominion with Matarukaja and Marakukaja. I'm trying to make a spport/healing persona with the aforementoned skills AND and Rakunda Sakunda (all in preparation for the Sleeping Table dungeon boss). Any tips?

Trying to do everything with one character (even MC) is stretching it, there's a reason you have party members. Aigis/Akihiko to buff/debuff, Yukari to heal Fear, and if you let MC do either buffing or debuffing you can bring Junpei, who's resistant to Fire and isn't weak to Light like Koromaru (however, he'll have a tougher time dealing damage since Sleeping Table resists Slash and Fire while nulling Strike).

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

ApplesandOranges posted:

Trying to do everything with one character (even MC) is stretching it, there's a reason you have party members. Aigis/Akihiko to buff/debuff, Yukari to heal Fear, and if you let MC do either buffing or debuffing you can bring Junpei, who's resistant to Fire and isn't weak to Light like Koromaru (however, he'll have a tougher time dealing damage since Sleeping Table resists Slash and Fire while nulling Strike).

I've since stopped believing the AI in this game to be anything more than pants-on-head retarded

Beautiful Ninja
Mar 26, 2009

Five time FCW Champion...of my heart.
My MC was only good for 1 thing in Persona 3, Vorpal Blade. Who needs tactics when you have Vorpal Blade (and a phys immune persona with it equipped when you inevitably run into repel phy shadows).

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I haven't played Persona 3 in like two years but I don't remember the AI being super horrendous. Mitsuru has too many different types of skills for the AI to use them too effectively and if Yukari caught a hint of a wind resistance, she'd waste a turn using Wind Break, but eh. I used Junpei and Akihiko because they were experts in the Hitting Things department.

I'd like to play P3P, so I'd feel comfortable trying out all the party members. That game had a dog and a robot girl as party members and I just never used them. Truly a crime.

Dehry
Aug 21, 2009

Grimey Drawer
I guess if you're an Adachi fan, the last two episodes of the Persona 4 Golden anime cover his social link. They even do a flashback to show what he was doing at the start of the story. Marie was crammed into it however.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That beatdown was pretty funny for some reason.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

Dehry posted:

Persona 4 Golden anime

Dehry posted:

Marie was crammed into it however.

but you repeat yourself

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

but you repeat yourself
The thing I love about the P4G anime is how blatantly clear it is that Yu's doing a New Game+ run.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
So, I might have screwed myself pretty bad in SMT II.

I made it to Satan and me in my infinite wisdom of relying on autobattle, sorta neglected my demons so they're pretty lackluster, like level 40 - 50. I also didn't go out of my way to fuse swords so no one can actually hit Satan except for Lucifer who will do about 120 damage a turn. I have a save before the alignment choice. so I have to revert to that and I'll guess try to fuse better demons/get better equipment

Part of me wants to say "gently caress it" and move on to Nocturne, but how I will fare in Nocturne if I can't even beat SMT II

Expect My Mom fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Aug 24, 2014

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
You'll probably do fine, they're immensely different. I wouldn't let this put fear into you for Nocturne.

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I finally picked up SMT IV this last week and I'm glad I did

I'd been playing through Persona 2 (the last series game I played at all) and the combat is so much better in SMT IV it's not even funny

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Not even people that think Persona 2 is the best game in the series care for the combat much.

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

I've heard P1 is broken-hard, but P2 is a lot easier, just a little confusing

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.
P1/P2 are games that you should just cheat through these days, they haven't aged well at all. The PSP ports did what they could, but..yeesh.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe

kirbysuperstar posted:

You'll probably do fine, they're immensely different. I wouldn't let this put fear into you for Nocturne.

Cool, I always hear horror stories about Nocturne. Never anything about II so finding this game difficult and a huge pain in the rear end was surprising. I'm also bad at MegaTen, that doesn't help.

Tempted to use ~Codes~ to finally put II to bed.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

Excels posted:

I've heard P1 is broken-hard, but P2 is a lot easier, just a little confusing

I don't know about the original, but the PSP remake of P1 is pretty drat easy.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

kirbysuperstar posted:

Yeah, Matador and Mot are already there to do that for him.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Freak Futanari posted:

I don't know about the original, but the PSP remake of P1 is pretty drat easy.
Unless you run into swarms of possessed suicide bomber toilet bowls and fail escape six times in a row.

HGH posted:

Yeah, Matador and Mot are already there to do that for him.
Mot is the guy I had to beat down with physicals, because my entire party had no spark :suicide:

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

*double post*

Szurumbur
Feb 17, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

*double post*

I wonder how often this happens, I've never encountered that particular strategy, although I've only played Lucifer's Call once.

Edit: regarding Mot's fight

Szurumbur fucked around with this message at 18:40 on Aug 24, 2014

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

SelenicMartian posted:

Mot is the guy I had to beat down with physicals, because my entire party had no spark :suicide:

Well that and Beast Eye.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

SelenicMartian posted:

Unless you run into swarms of possessed suicide bomber toilet bowls and fail escape six times in a row.

Oh yeah, i forgot about those fuckers.

TurnipFritter
Apr 21, 2010
10,000 POSTS ON TALKING TIME

The PS1 version is more "difficult" in that there are far fewer save points and a lot of mechanics are obfuscated (no quick comparisons on equipment when you're in the stores, it doesn't display attack ranges, etc). Which isn't so much difficulty as it is tedium.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

kirbysuperstar posted:

P1/P2 are games that you should just cheat through these days, they haven't aged well at all. The PSP ports did what they could, but..yeesh.

To put it more aptly you should cheat through both P2 games.

Please don't play Persona 1.

It is poop and bad.

Freak Futanari
Apr 11, 2008

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To put it more aptly you should cheat through both P2 games.

Please don't play Persona 1.

It is poop and bad.

Actually, Persona 1 is a great game, and far better than the vast majority of Atlus' creative output lately. Cheers! :)

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
And so the cycle continues...

Accordion Man
Nov 7, 2012

Buglord
Persona 1 has a butler that turns into a Persona, dancing crazy, and a huge freaky penis monster for a final boss. It can't be all bad. :haw:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Persona 1 owns for satiating your desire to kill demons with guns instead of other demons.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Excels
Mar 7, 2012

Beef Waifu posted:

And so the cycle continues...

a tale of souls and nerds, eternally retold