Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

Beef Waifu posted:

He's literally a mascot character. He's got a cutesy design that is easy to market, an outrageous personality to make him loveable to all kinds of people, and a unique voice that you can pick out of a cast at any given moment. Another decent recent example of this is Monobear from Danganronpa who is the loving exact same kind of thing. They also both happen to be bears. No, I do not particularly know why Japan likes bears, but I know they do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1LrluKG9uI
The difference is that Monobear has yet to be distilled into a one-note pervert in the sequels.

Also the VA of Doraemon which kicks rear end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Nobuyo Oyama is pretty rad, yeah. Another interesting point is all of these mascot characters sort of spring from Doraemon who is THE mascot character and equivalent to Mickey Mouse or Bugs Bunny. Monobear especially considering he's outright voiced by Doraemon's VA and there's even references to it peppered in the series. Teddie also resembles Doraemon a bit too or at least shares a color scheme.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
Bears and perverts are the best.

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

bobrossfreak has translated the Teddie trailer

itsu kureijiiiiii

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

Bears and perverts are the best.

You could say he's a bearvert :shepicide:

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

In case you were wondering, yes, they are still making Good Decisions regarding Dancing All Night.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Finally.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Color Printer posted:

In case you were wondering, yes, they are still making Good Decisions regarding Dancing All Night.

I suppose you all are as good a choice as any to notify that, when I die, I want "Stop or I'll pop a cap in ya" and nothing else on my gravestone.

Bogart
Apr 12, 2010

by VideoGames

Color Printer posted:

I agree. Perfect.

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Color Printer posted:

The most right decision thus far.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

If they add the Featherman costumes from Golden, I might buy a Vita.

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Color Printer posted:

:perfect:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

At the risk of confirming my idiocy, I don't recognize that costume or why people are losing their minds for it?!?!?!

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
Detective Outfit, Sherlock, elementary, my dear goon.

Blhue
Apr 22, 2008

Fallen Rib

projecthalaxy posted:

At the risk of confirming my idiocy, I don't recognize that costume or why people are losing their minds for it?!?!?!

It was in the anime. Not sure if it was in golden, never finished that.

Pimp Drakula
Oct 12, 2013

Blhue posted:

It was in the anime. Not sure if it was in golden, never finished that.

Thinking about it you could probably just watch the episode that costume is in and not really miss out on anything.

StandardVC10
Feb 6, 2007

This avatar now 50% more dark mode compliant

Pimp Drakula posted:

Thinking about it you could probably just watch the episode that costume is in and not really miss out on anything.

This but be sure to watch the episode right after it too for epic fishing action.

AradoBalanga
Jan 3, 2013

Color Printer posted:

This reveal took way too long.

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
After loving up demon fusions for like an hour cause I'm an idiot, I beat up Thor and then Dante jumped off a sixty story building and almost kicked my rear end.

Nocturne is still pretty cool.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
How's easy mode in Devil Survivor easy exactly? The Beldr fight is hosed up.

Gwen
Aug 17, 2011

It'll make the game pathetically easy.

Beldr fight strats: Get a kishin for Double Up, attach it to the MC, and then dash right for Beldr. The damage he takes is based on your level so don't pump points into Strength, and if you feel the need grind up a level or two. Otherwise, keep long range healers stock up on the other parties and you'll make it out okay. Just remember not to bring in anything weak to fire or, god forbid, phys in the MC's party and Extra Turns will help out a lot so don't mess with Dragons or Viles.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

One thing I'd suggest for that fight is taking out enemy teams except for the leaders so that you won't be harassed by other enemies nearly as much and so the boss can't do one of his tricks that makes the fight more annoying.

Kurtofan
Feb 16, 2011

hon hon hon
Yeah I realized when the fuckers brought everyone including the basilisks that two shot me.

edit can I switch during a playthrough? I don't remember what settings I choose but I'm fairly sure it was easy anyway. those loving basilisks are complete bs.
oh and he can stone me.
Edit 2: I'd rather not grind.

edit3: finally beat him.

Kurtofan fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Jun 3, 2015

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

projecthalaxy posted:

Fuuka is the best nav, alright goodbye.

Good opinion from a couple pages back. Fuuka is the best.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

BFC posted:

The difference is that Monobear has yet to be distilled into a one-note pervert in the sequels.

Oh boy. I'm glad I jumped off the P4 train after P4 - Ultimax turned out to be poo poo.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Ultimax is good

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

AlternateNu posted:

Oh boy. I'm glad I jumped off the P4 train after P4 - Ultimax turned out to be poo poo.

Yeah I also wish I skipped pq

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

I paid for PQ

see I worded it like that because I mean it both ways

well ok Q isn't bad, not really, but spending more than $20 on it is a mistake

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Manatee Cannon posted:

I paid for PQ

see I worded it like that because I mean it both ways

well ok Q isn't bad, not really, but spending more than $20 on it is a mistake

PQ is not bad but it sure as hell was disappointing

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I bought the limited edition of PQ and I liked it (not amazing, but I got what I wanted out of it) and also like my 3DS case.

I also pre-ordered the DISCO FEVER EDITION of Dancing All Night.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

PQ was okay, it just wasn't as good as it could have been. If they made a sequel they'd probably be able to improve a fair bit of the gameplay problems. Not sure what they'd do about the plot beyond "don't make it a crossover again."

Armor-Piercing
Sep 22, 2009

Nightly dance
of bleeding swords

I haven't played P4U yet, but there should probably be a game starring Elizabeth that takes place after P4A.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Disappointing was a good word for PQ imo

It did exactly what it set out to do and then stopped there

the dungeons aren't engaging at all (labyrinth 4 is actively annoying even) but they're just interesting enough to get you through them without really taking a lot of thought, so you can listen to podcasts or whatever when you play

it's not bad but it's also not good; it happens and then you just kinda forget about it

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
They could do with it a new cast/story but obviously that's even less likely than making a non-poo poo PQ sequel.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Manatee Cannon posted:

Disappointing was a good word for PQ imo

It did exactly what it set out to do and then stopped there

the dungeons aren't engaging at all (labyrinth 4 is actively annoying even) but they're just interesting enough to get you through them without really taking a lot of thought, so you can listen to podcasts or whatever when you play

it's not bad but it's also not good; it happens and then you just kinda forget about it

I think part of the problem was that certain things were so absurdly overpowered it devalued a lot of what could be interesting dungeon design. You never really had to consider your resources between the Sub-Persona system, the brokeness of insta-kills and the overpowered Panic. I can't tell you what half the enemies in the game even did in combat because they never got to act, which is a real problem for a EO-style game where enemy variation is important.

When the post-game superboss could be stunlocked by panic you hosed up your ailment resistances, Atlus.

Brendan Rodgers
Jun 11, 2014

Which are the good SMT games to play on a normal DS?

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Brendan Rodgers posted:

Which are the good SMT games to play on a normal DS?

Devil survivor 1 and 2, and half of strange journey

Not Operator
Jan 1, 2009

Not A doctor, THE Doctor!

Ruggington posted:

Devil survivor 1 and 2, and half of strange journey

Actually, play all of Strange Journey and start using the maps on Gamefaqs when you get to area D.

AlternateNu
May 5, 2005

ドーナツダメ!

MrAristocrates posted:

Ultimax is good

Ultimax is fun to watch. But gently caress playing a fighting game where you die after guessing wrong on your opponent's oki once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
I'm disappointed that I can't confess my love to Kanji in PQ.