Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Bleusilences posted:

What I dont understand is why they are going all over the place, they release a game for 360/ps3, they plan to release another on ds, one on 3ds and they re releasing classic on psp.

It's not a bad idea to release things from your franchise on multiple platforms, but it is a bad idea to release things from a single series on multiple platforms.

gently caress you Kingdom Hearts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Game Jouhou and a few other major gaming blogs are claiming it's likely to be Persona 4 Portable for Vita, citing Famitsu's promise for a "major Vita announcement" next week.

Of course they forget that for the next 3 weeks, every issue is going to have major Vita announcements because that was the deal they made with Sony Japan. But hey, gaming journalism.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

They're making P5 now. It's just a hell of a lot easier to take a finished game, add some stuff, polish the graphics, and get it out as a launch game for something than it is to make an entirely new game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

You and Teddie spent a beary long time together.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Momomo posted:

Which means they haven't been working on P5, even after it was apparently said to exist. Gives me VS XIII vibes.

The difference between P5 and Versus 13 is that Versus 13 actually exists. We've seen it, Square-Enix acknowledges it exists, we even have gameplay footage of it now. The only reason we don't actually know much about it is because Tetsuya Nomura has turned into a scared auteur and is afraid to demonstrate it until he thinks its perfect.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

PunkBoy posted:

Wait, so are we sure this site thing is for P4P, and not for the anime or something?

The anime has a website already, people are just extrapolating this to be P4P because of the site aesthetic, the closeness of Tokyo Game Show, and Famitsu's "major Vita announcements" leading up to it. It certainly wouldn't be surprising as every other Persona except Eternal Punishment is portable.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

UselessLurker posted:

Didn't V13 actually not exist for a while, strictly speaking? It was originally supposed to be a cell phone game until they scrapped that idea.

V13 has excited for quite awhile now, they announced it like 5 years ago alongside then-Agito 13 and FF13 and for a long time we only had a trailer or two. Agito, later "Type-0" was supposed to be a cell phone game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It probably won't have to do the whole static picture thing either, but if it did it'd probably have faster navigation because you could just tap places.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

What's that Maya? Little Tatsuya fell down the ol' Well?!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

A "major announcement about Persona 4" is coming soon

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Rinkles posted:

Oh really?

With the anime coming up I'm sorta excited at the possibility of this new game being a sequel. How much of the new audience would rush to buy a carbon copy (presumably) of the show they just watched in video game form.

There's definitely a precedent set in the past for anime = new game/sequel but I'm kind of wary of it. The last time it happened, we got Valkyria Chronicles 2 which is the worst game in the franchise.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

"2週目に突入のPlayStationVitaのスクープ特集は『アンチャーテッド』の新作など充実の内容です!加えて巻頭では『ペルソナ』シリーズのスクープが満載!"

"Scoop Feature PlayStationVita second week of rush, "Uncharted" is a rich content of such new work! In addition Preface "Persona" series of reviews and scoop!"

See you in 24 hours when Famitsu leaks!

Remember folks, this is still a rumor. It's not become reality yet, we're not in Persona 2!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's dropping all over the internet right now in Japan. Here's Esuteru on it

"New characters - "Marie" (Voice: Kana Hanazawa),
such as bathing or movie event · recorded a new animated movie
animation for the opening of his new songs • The use Shoji Meguro
• The voice is 1.5 times the amount of PS2 version
· system with a call for help with the communications capabilities of PSVITA
 when entering → ​​dying in the dungeon, rescue出Seru request. I like Mon Blower rescue.
The most frequent request from users realized that playing and original version
 Tip → Adding ● ● ●, ● ● ● will be announced later parts
will be released in spring 2012 ·"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

ARC SYSTEM WORKS MAKING PERSONA 4 FIGHTING GAME

2D fighting games published by Arc System Works and Atlas.
The arcade version is running in the spring of 2012, will be released in the summer of 2012 Xbox360 and PS3.

- "Persona 4" story describing the incident that occurred two months after the
 bear → sponsored (?) to "P-1 Grand Prix" will appear in a wrestling program
development • "Bray Blue Team"
- "4" In addition to "3" character from the race
known characters • Current
 hunger Yu (Izanagi) Chie Satonaka / (Tomoe) /
 Yosuke Hanamura (Jiraiya) / Aegis (Athena) / current development of the next title numbering preparation for completion. Mr. Katsura Hashino director, character designer Chengji Mr. Soejima, main composer in charge of Mr. Shoji Meguro.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Wait, Aigis is listed as a preliminary character. This may be an all-inclusive Persona fighting game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Andriasang has pieced it all together

The fighting game is a Persona 3/4 crossover fighter.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

This fighting game is being made by the BlazBlue team, folks. They will probably shovel in P1/2 dudes as DLC.

I sure as hell hope so because god drat you cannot make a loving Persona fighting game without Eikichi Mishina you fuckers.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Technique posted:

Wow, what a typo! Good thing i fixed it. :v:

What the, that's not FABULOUS. BAAAYBAAAAAAAAAAY

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Yeah I imagine they're going with Minato Arisato.

Shinjiro better be here because it ain't fair what happens in P3, not one bit.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ibram Gaunt posted:

I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up like the Umineko fighter where it's a fun little game for fans but absolutely abysmal at being a fighting game. (You know, the important part)

It won't turn out like the Umineko fighter, because this game is actually coming out on PS3 too! Unlike YOU Ougon Musou Kyoku, gently caress you the Umineko visual novel is actually on PS3 what the gently caress is your problem.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Ougon Musou Kyoku really looks like it was made by Arc interns.

Like the dudes who want to work on BlazBlue 3 or whatever got sent over there to ghost-make it for 07th Expansion to prove their worth.

And then Arc made BlazBlue Continuum Shift Extend instead.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Would pay BlazBlue DLC highway robbery prices for a Raidou Kuzunoha DLC character.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

It's kinda funny how Atlus first went "Yeah, we're totally gonna make a Persona game on 3DS" then nothing happened for a year and suddenly "WHOA PERSONA 4 ON VITA ALL UP IN THIS BITCH"

Also Teddie is obviously going to be the Zangief/Iron Tager of this game. It's time for a Bear Hug!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

I'm F5ing the usual Japanese grainy cellphone picture websites as hard as I can folks. If I get a "scan" (read: terribly photographed image) I'll post it with extreme prejudice.

Also with BIG BOLD TEXT

Justice posted:

I enjoyed GG and BB but I didn't like how Arc System handled the Sengoku Basara fighting game, so it's difficult for me to get excited over this. Unless they have the Persona handle like Stands, and then I think we can go hog wild :kakashi:

Funny enough, Arc is actually making another licensed anime fighting game due out this November. Nura: Rise of the Yokai Clan.

I wonder how it'll turn out.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

Looks like it's not point and click this time.

Fuuuuck where did you find this? I have like 3 scan websites open :psyduck:

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Oh and if Adachi, Naoto or Shinjiro are not in the game then gently caress it. As hype as Chie makes me I need more than one character to play as to have fun otherwise it is not worth it.

AWWWW YEAH GOT MAH BOY SHINJIRO

He totally fits into that slow but powerful blade user type ala Hakumen.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

NEW SCANS

Please forgive the "obviously taken with a Japanese cellphone" quality and tilt your head accordingly.

Marie's kinda hot, someone's telling me she's a playable character.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Sorry, "party member"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Samurai Sanders posted:

Squinting and looking sideways at the scan it looks like you have a s-link with her.

Someone I'm talking with is citing the fact that multiple party members are present on one screenshot indicates that she's more than JUST an S-Link. Unfortunately I don't know if that means she's a certified party member yet.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Calling it now: this is the canon way they're bringing Minato back.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

There's always the chance that the character select screen is based on what Arc currently has. Some fighting games when first announced only show a certain range but expand closer to release.

And yes, knowing Arc, they'll stick new characters in the console release. The new version of BlazBlue coming out for PS3/360/PS Vita has a new character.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

^^^ Japanese launch is Winter 2011, International is "expected" to be Spring 2012. So it's coming out in time for International release but probably won't be localized in time.

New details about Persona Fighter

It's going to have a BlazBlue style story mode!

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Cityinthesea posted:

for the non fighting game players, what exactly does that entail? Sorry if I'm being dumb but I haven't played a fighting game since like MK: Deception.

Okay, so every single character in the game will have their own in-depth story mode. This entails, for BlazBlue, "visual novel" style story dialog sequences with anime cutscenes and stills and fights that follow that story's progression. Some of which are themed or have gimmicks.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Twisted Paradox posted:

The hair seems to match Akihiko's and I really don't see a collar there. I really want Kanji to be in though.

Akihiko would fit in a brawler/boxer style fighter that these games typically have.

Gotta think about this in fighting game archetypes.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

TurnipFritter posted:

The surprise plot twist is that Marie is actually the protagonist from P5.

Nah, it'll probably be like Vincent in P3P and Marie will turn out to be the heroine in the brand new erotic puzzle horror game for WiiU "Johnathan"

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Catalina posted:

You know, something about Marie's design just bugs me. I know it's too early to tell, but she just looks like a Mary Sue character inserted into the game. Her design is doesn't really fit the rest of the aesthetic of the Persona 4 characters.

(blatantly stolen from a Japanese game blog)

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Minato will be the new super secret final boss to follow Elizabeth.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Dog Toggle Switch posted:

Aside from Aegis, do you think any other Persona 3 characters are going to make the cut for the last few select screen slots? My heart says Junpei, but for variety I'd bet on Koromaru.

e: gently caress it, Igor needs to be in there. Dude's put his time in for the Persona series, now he should get to whoop some rear end.

Something to keep in mind is that we're just looking at preliminary shots. The cast size itself could increase over time as they develop it.

The game apparently only has a cast of 10, which is really low for a fighting game. The first BlazBlue only had 13 characters to choose from and it had the detriment of being an entirely new IP with characters to make, but this is a franchise with dozens of characters to choose from.

The plus side is even if it stays at 10 characters, fighting games are developing a habit of introducing new characters through DLC or as added bonuses on console releases. Arc System Works, the people making this game, are especially infamous for doing this. So there's still hope even if your preferred character doesn't make it in.

Personally, I'm rooting for Shinjiro. He'd totally fit into Arc's "slow but powerful blade user" archetype (see: Hakumen [BlazBlue])

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Baalster posted:

Also, isn't the fighting game supposed to be within Persona canon? Since the Persona team is working very closely with ArcSys, I don't see Shinjiro making it into the game.

Usually these sort of games aren't actually canon, like so far I think all they've said is that in a timeline it happens 2 months after P4 but I don't think they've said "Oh yeah this is totally a thing, Aigis meets the P4 MC and he shoots a hadoken at her" yet.

I really hope they don't either.

Furthermore, in my world he's still cool and alive and cooking for SEES and being a cool cooking dude because Minata was a really good person and helped him with his S-Link so THERE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

Maybe make her sound like some prim and proper English maid?