Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah, the artist for Devil Survivor suffers from serious same-face problems. In any case that isn't Nayoa, he's Yamato, some guy in charge of a "Special" investigation unit or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Morpheus posted:

So I'm playing Overclocked at the moment, and I've after going through the Neutral ending the first time I played the game on the regular DS, I'm going for Yuzu's ending, which I assume is the easiest, right? Because fuuuuck fighting all those bosses again.

You won't even see those bosses on Yuzu's path, she gets like 2 easy battles and that's it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

TurnipFritter posted:

Yeah, I'd be willing to bet that while there may be a few new boss-type monsters, most of the "new" ones in Overclocked are really old ones they're recycling. I'd have to see a list to be sure.

Yeah it's pretty much this, however there are a few brand new demons. On another note, what was Atlus thinking when they made the demon's voiced lines simply be generic grunts/sounds. I mean yeah, Jack Frost's HEEEE-HOOOO is cute, but when everyone else is voiced and the major boss I'm fighting speaks in a grunt it's kind of offsetting. Especially noticeable is Loki, who has voiced lines in his human form, then turns into his demon form and suddenly doesn't have voiced lines.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

TurnipFritter posted:

Important things y'all are ignoring:

Mopeds!

I can't even tell what's happening in these battle shots. I see Hero summoning Ame no Uzume, and Chie wearing some pink ballet outfit? And Yukiko dressed as some kind of... Santa?
If I can make Teddie wear his fabulous outfit inside of dungeons then I guess I'm going to have to buy a Vita. Those scenes with Yosuke though are pretty interesting, looks like he finally found the money to buy that motorcycle. Have to say the most important detail I'm noticing is that on the persona fusion screen the inherited skills are "blank", please tell me this means they're using Devil Survivor's system for skill inheritance.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 03:47 on Aug 31, 2011

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Ok nevermind the fabulous outfit, I better be able to have Teddie wear what he's wearing here.
Looks like the roster for the fighter so far is : Minato, Yu, Chie, Aegis, and Yosuke. Not sure on who the Emperor person is, the image is way to whited out to tell if it's Kanji or Akihiko.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 03:57 on Aug 31, 2011

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
So looking at Mary/Marie's hat, I notice the gold button on her hat has a "V" on it. I really hope I'm just overthinking this and that she isn't somehow connected to the Velvet Room or some other nonsense.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Catalina posted:

You know, something about Marie's design just bugs me. I know it's too early to tell, but she just looks like a Mary Sue character inserted into the game. Her design is doesn't really fit the rest of the aesthetic of the Persona 4 characters.

Yeah, really thinking this is intentional now after seeing the clear screenshot of her. There is no way she isn't linked to the Velvet room with that "V" button on her hat.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
The only other thing I could think of it being then is being able to date Kanji or something.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Dalkalopagus posted:

I really hope that they add a way to chose what abilities you want to inherit while fusing, instead of just backing out a billion times until you get what you want, but I doubt it will happen.

I think this is what they're doing, the one screenshot showing the fusion menu showed the persona being fused with 2 blank skills instead of 2 named skills, so I can only hope this means they learned we all loved Devil Survivor's fusion method.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
If one of Chie's moves is not called Trial of the Dragon in the English version I will be very disappointed.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

ImpAtom posted:

Overclocked is the definitive version but it's absolutely not worth it if you already have DS. You can just toss it into your drat 3DS and aside from a few new things you've got the same game. And no dumb 8th days where you make Cain help you assist God with the power of friendship.

Go play Naoya's 8th day then, and choose to KILL EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING, it should make you feel better.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Now Atlus, this was the screenshot you should have used for "new anime scenes" in your first preview. Man Teddie just looks so... adorablely clueless.

Looks like shuffle time has been seriously changed, or this is some new thing.

Seems like in addition to using Devil Survivor's Choose your own skill thing, they are keeping P3Ps Skill Card system too, judging by the card icon next to Lakshimi's Level 66 skill.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Sep 7, 2011

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Chie seems to be wearing that smile in every screenshot... she's just so happy to be beating the poo poo out of people apparently. I notice Yosuke is looking towards the camera in quite a few of the shots too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Sounds like almost any of the games would fit for you then, just keep in mind the Raidou/Devil Summoner series combat is more action game style. But yeah, Persona 3/4 would be a good next stop to get used to the combat in the rest of the series, since Devil Survivor doesn't throw Hama/Mudo and the buff/debuffs at you. Or if you're feeling daring, head to Nocturne and prepare for several game overs.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 23:55 on Sep 7, 2011

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Really liking how much the looks of inside your house and the strip club dungeon have improved in those screenshots.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Dolphin Fetus posted:

Ah I see, that's kind of dumb in my opinion. It takes away from the impact of the event but its neat its there.

Speaking of her... I really wish Jin hadn't died, especially considering Takaya survived too.

Regarding the first event, It's not canon, during the Answer chapter in FES Junpei will talk about Chidori and it's quite clear she's 100% dead. Regarding Takaya, 99.9% sure he's dead too.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

gtrmp posted:

Also, doing the whole first dungeon on one day is a pain in the rear end unless you grind like hell and/or get lucky drawing those after-battle tarot cards that restore your SP.

The Arcana chance doesn't start happening until after you've finished the first dungeon. But yeah, try to go as far as you can the first day in a dungeon. Also physical attacks work very well early on, especially Skull Cracker in the second dungeon where there are 3 normally annoying enemies that get confused by it like 100% of the time.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Really? In all my playthroughs I've never seen Arcana Chance start appearing until after I've beaten the boss of the first dungeon.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Huh, I think that shot of Yukiko activating her super all but confirms more P3 characters then just Aegis. I had though that the text behind the character was simply their name, but on that screenshot clearly shows it's saying "P4 HERO".

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Policenaut posted:

Check it out, Teddie and Naoto are in Persona 4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

Teddie even has an M. Bison Psycho Crusher :swoon:

Naoto seems to have some unique mechanic going on, her opponents have a skull with a counter under their name. Has something to do with her Hama ultimate in the last shot not missing or something?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Policenaut posted:

Hey, Atlus released a new bunch of official screenshots for P4: The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena which include Teddie/Naoto among other things

Naoto has a super where she busts out an assault rifle. :psyduck:
I mean I know Aigis was bringing a whole arsenal, but that seems a tad bit much for Naoto.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Knew it was going to be those two. Akihiko just screamed perfect fit with his whole shtick being boxing anyways, and Mitsuru is probably tagging along with Aigis investigating just what went down in Inaba.

Here's a magazine scan of the two.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Nov 16, 2011

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Some bigger screenshots of Akihiko and Mitsuru. Mitsuru has learned how to use something other then Marin Karin, kidding aside the Bufudyne looks like it hurts alot judging by how much of Yukiko's health is red. Akihiko though... take that cape off, it looks ridiculous on you.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Alteisen posted:

Yukiko has the same problem. Though the only time that might be an issue is against the final boss

A moot point, the final boss has both of their weaknesses in it's spell list and it actually doesn't have a preference towards a particular element.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
There's an element of randomness you have to deal with, I think your agility score affects this chance, but I'm not sure.

Policenaut posted:

Persona 4 The Golden to have entirely new town

So after you and the gang get licenses to drive motorcycles, Yosuke suggests that they all should take a road trip on them. Their destination is apparently a neighboring town as well as the beach.

ROAD TRIP!

Man they are going all-out with this remake aren't they?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Well the ski event seems to be taking place in January, and the game had at least a month of free time if you followed the max S.link guide so they have some room to fit this stuff in.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Policenaut posted:

LET'S GO RIDE BIKES

Naoto, where did you get an Uzi?

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Flight demons are also godsends for getting around maps, even if the actual demons themselves aren't the best.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
That abbreviation will just make things confusing too. It's the same one the anime is using.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Kraven Moorhed posted:

Goddammit. I'm stuck at the last battle of DS1. Anyone have any tips for beating Babel doing Atsuro's route?
For the first form, just Holy Dance it to death with a high magic user, or Pierce + strong physicals. Second form always starts off weak to Electricity, so have your MC(if he's magic based) or someone like Amane or Yuzu already where the boss will be and tear into him with Elec Dance powered by Amp/Boost and give them demons with the same setup. You should be able to kill him before he gets his first turn that way.

Devil Survivor 2 Day 7 spoilers: Hahahaha gently caress You Atlus, Null Human, seriously?

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 19:24 on Mar 4, 2012

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Gwyrgyn Blood posted:

The usage conditions for the "normal" IKs that everyone has, is that you need to be point on match point, and they cost 100 SP to use. They are very slow and obvious, but seem to all be completely invincible, so they may have some situational use.
Watching the video Yosuke used his to punish Chie after her anti-air kick, so I can definitely see them being used from time to time.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
You can save during that part using Suspend, the Suspend data remains as a "fourth" save file even after you load it.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Alteisen posted:

Sweet mother of christ, the day 4 boss was every Atlus bullshit mechanic rolled into one horrible creature.

Also if Jungo the cat does not survive till the end I will hate this game forever.

Oh if you hated the day 4 boss, wait until you get a load of the day 7 boss. THAT is when every bullshit mechanic is put into one boss.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

Whack posted:

Persona 4 question. I'm supposed to get a cops attention to get info on that snooty kid with the hat. He's not talking to me.

Little help? :ohdear:

You need to talk to Chie at the riverbank first for her to give you a suggestion on making the cop talk to you.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Some stuff about P4G from someone who played the demo version, spoilers about Mari.

Most important detail: You can skip scenes and conversations using the start button and it is much faster than pressing the Triangle button to fast-forward the scenes and conversations.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/20/persona-4-arena-adds-elizabeth-and-playable-shadow-labrys-to-the-roster/

Elizabeth added to P4Arena on April 5th, uses Thanatos as her Persona.

Axle_Stukov fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Mar 21, 2012

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Too late, you needed Airi at rank 4 for that ending. If you have a save from earlier in the day, ignore a Hinako or Jungo event to try and get Airi up, as Hinako and Jungo automatically join on the Daichi path.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
You don't need strength for Beldr, the Devil's Fuge is level based. However you will want at least 8 strength so the MC can equip Holy Dance and Blitzkrieg.

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'

King of Solomon posted:

Nevertheless, it is a pretty big issue, particularly with how DS2 seems to stack the turn order against you when you don't have a Vile.

It wouldn't surprise me if Viles were somehow bugged when used by the enemy and get faster turns instead of slower. I mean when I watch a team with a Vile get 3 turns to my units 1 turn I really think something's up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Axle_Stukov
Feb 26, 2011

Stylin'
Yeah those names are mixed up, looking it up Kamuy is an Ainu word that means god/diety/BEAR. So Kamuy-Mosir has got to be Teddie's.