Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Edoraz posted:

It's not the first time. :ssh:

It is for us. JRDQ doesn't count since that was being done by 20 different people from their homes.

AGDQ we didn't use the DVR footage unless we had to just so we wouldn't have to burn 100 discs.

Definitely double checking everything next time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Not an actual speedrun, but SDA's own piano composer Kareshi is practicing some NES pieces right now.

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/kareshi-tv

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Videos are going up. I'll be hiking this weekend so I won't be able to work on these, but hopefully I can get at least a few more done before I leave.

http://speeddemosarchive.com/marathon/schedule/
http://www.archive.org/details/SummerGamesDoneQuick

UraniumAnchor fucked around with this message at 19:35 on Aug 11, 2011

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
I wish I could post in here more, but I just picked up a temp job at a moving company where I'm working 12 hour shifts hauling heavy poo poo to cover rent til financial aid kicks in :negative:

Thanks for uploading the videos, UraniumAnchor. I'm glad you got the NESBot demo up early, I missed that and was really interested in watching.

I took 4 seconds off my Kid Chameleon PR, but still have yet to crack the 31 minute barrier. It all hinges on a stupidly complex trick 14 minutes into a run. Every time I hit it I drop the run in really embarrassing ways, like thinking I'm on Wind Castles II instead of I and just falling to death a second into the level. I really just want to get a submittable run so I can start seriously routing the other half dozen projects I'm working on.

SpectacuLars
Oct 22, 2010
Cosmo is streaming 24 hours of OoT right now. Well on his way on breaking the new WR of 2:42:31 by some japanese dude.

http://www.justin.tv/cosmowright

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream

SpectacuLars posted:

Cosmo is streaming 24 hours of OoT right now. Well on his way on breaking the new WR of 2:42:31 by some japanese dude.

Cosmo is an absolute beast. Hope he gets the record early and has 24 hours to mess around + improve on the run.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Cosmo says at the 12-hour mark he's going to speedrun some silly category that nobody else has done before :horse: I hope my grandpa's 85th birthday corn roast doesn't go that late!!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

furry drum circle posted:

Cosmo says at the 12-hour mark he's going to speedrun some silly category that nobody else has done before :horse: I hope my grandpa's 85th birthday corn roast doesn't go that late!!

C'mon, Peachers, you can't rush a good corn roast. At least JTV archives should be there to save you if you miss the silly category.

Kikka
Feb 10, 2010

I POST STUPID STUFF ABOUT DOCTOR WHO

SpectacuLars posted:

Wait how is he gonna break the world record if he's already at 5 hours? Or am I just dumb?

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

Kikka posted:

Wait how is he gonna break the world record if he's already at 5 hours? Or am I just dumb?

The bottom timer is how long he's been streaming in total. The top timer & splits are the current run, but right now he's taking a break with a No Damage attempt so he's not timing it.

edit: and just as I post he takes damage sorry for jinxing it cosmo

Internet Friend fucked around with this message at 18:48 on Aug 13, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Yaaaay Cosmo's playing with the extremely childish filename I donated for. :iamafag:

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Yaaaay Cosmo's playing with the extremely childish filename I donated for. :iamafag:

Money well spent... Lardass is killin it right now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Money well spent... Lardass is killin it right now.

Lardass had a rough run in the middle portion of the game, where Cosmo's route splits from the Japanese WR route, but hopefully he can pull it together and finish strong.

Edit: Lardass died in the Volvagia fight. :(

Shadow Ninja 64 fucked around with this message at 21:26 on Aug 13, 2011

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

RIP Lardass, we hardly knew thee

And gently caress that Keese, he is the new enemy of all Cosmo fans

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cosmo's in the middle of his special new category run. It's an absolutely no rupees run, even silver rupees, and has been affectionately dubbed the Hobocarina run.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

That was certainly novel, but thank goodness it's back to MST runs.

Please, no more heartbreak to Volvagia :(

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Ugh, I really need to ignore the chat for the Ocarina of Time stream.

"Why is he walking backwards? That's dumb."

It's a speedrun. You move faster that way. He isn't doing it to look cool.

"Why does he keep restarting? Why doesn't he use save states?"

He's playing on a console!

"The OoT record isn't 2:42:31 it's 59 minutes lol you suck."

That's a different category. This is an all-boss run.

"Why would you skip [insert trick here]."

:wrongful:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Former Human posted:

Ugh, I really need to ignore the chat for the Ocarina of Time stream.

"Why is he walking backwards? That's dumb."

It's a speedrun. You move faster that way. He isn't doing it to look cool.

"Why does he keep restarting? Why doesn't he use save states?"

He's playing on a console!

"The OoT record isn't 2:42:31 it's 59 minutes lol you suck."

That's a different category. This is an all-boss run.

"Why would you skip [insert trick here]."

:wrongful:

You forgot the best one:

"Why is this in Japanese?"

Dear god. Don't forget these get repeated every 3-4 minutes without fail.

Internet Friend
Jan 1, 2001

justin/twitch.tv pro tip: the middle button in the lower right of the video stream will pop out the player into its own window so you can close the chat and never have to see jtv retards and their incomprehensible emoticons.

Soho Joe
Aug 11, 2006

the torment of existence
weighed against
the horror of nonbeing
Nap Ghost
Are they the guys with that weird banzai-buddy-crossed-with-:spergin: thing? It's very meta because I can't parse the emotions it reflects, either.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Crotch Bat posted:

You forgot the best one:

"Why is this in Japanese?"

Dear god. Don't forget these get repeated every 3-4 minutes without fail.

Also, this one:

"He's using glitches? That's cheap. What's the best no-glitch time?"

Cosmo must have amazing patience to actively be reading the chat and answering questions.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Cosmo "1 Second" Wright is a minute ahead of the WR just after beating Volvagia, the runkiller of the day. Could this be the one!?!?!

edit: 2:40:44. Congratulations Cosmo :toot:

furry drum circle fucked around with this message at 08:15 on Aug 14, 2011

belgend
Mar 6, 2008

me when The Club do another win

New record is 2:40:44 :stare:

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
And he does it, nearly 2 minutes better than the old. 2:40:44.

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Only took 19 hours of playing!

Cubemario
Apr 3, 2009
Cosmos did that, I only saw that last few minutes of that run. Glad to see this amazing occasion.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

2600 viewers by the end, that's pretty serious.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest
He did it! Amazing. The first time I was able to check the stream was right as Navi was waking 1 Second up. Perfect timing.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cosmo "1 Second" Wright is a minute ahead of the WR just after beating Volvagia, the runkiller of the day. Could this be the one!?!?!

edit: 2:40:44. Congratulations Cosmo :toot:

Dang, I fell asleep, just woke up and saw he pulled it off.

Also the JTV Staff Dudes have said this will be permanently archived, so that's pretty neat.

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Crotch Bat posted:

2600 viewers by the end, that's pretty serious.

There was a staff member in the chat that stickied it to the front page for awhile, that's how it jumped from ~1k to the final number.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Mike Uyama practicing some more Revenge of Shinobi.

http://www.justin.tv/mikwuyma

EDIT: And now it's Funkdoc time too http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

iastudent fucked around with this message at 02:28 on Aug 15, 2011

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Come in and lend Mike Uyama moral support as he takes on Sub-Terrania with the assistance of booze. :boonie:

http://www.justin.tv/mikwuyma#/w/1630759888

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Man, furry drum circle needs to lay off the one-handed Mario 64 and round out the posting here once in awhile.

In other news, Klaige finally achieved a submit-worthy run of John Morris-mode Castlevania: Bloodlines with a 31:41 run. Not as optimal as he was hoping for since he screwed up the TAS glitch with the rotating blade in stage 4 and had some rough parts in stage 5, but the near-perfect boss rush at the end rounded things out.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

iastudent posted:

In other news, Klaige finally achieved a submit-worthy run of John Morris-mode Castlevania: Bloodlines with a 31:41 run. Not as optimal as he was hoping for since he screwed up the TAS glitch with the rotating blade in stage 4 and had some rough parts in stage 5, but the near-perfect boss rush at the end rounded things out.

Is there a recording of this somewhere?

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

evilalien posted:

Is there a recording of this somewhere?

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige/b/292864009

Run starts at 49:28

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

iastudent posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/klaige/b/292864009

Run starts at 49:28

Thanks, I've watched a lot of his practice runs so I really want to see a submit-worthy one.

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Keeping up the Castlevania hype, Funkdoc just got a 29:10 Japanese CV3 Sypha run.

EDIT: He's just playing for bonus right now, 2nd loop on Alucard's route. He broke the game on Sunken City by killing the boss too fast for a cutscene to trigger. JP lightning balls are too good!

EDIT 2: Tried finishing the boss off with the fire spell instead and it just made its head float at the bottom of the screen for eternity. :psyduck:

iastudent fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Aug 18, 2011

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Cosmo's doing a hilarious OoT run based on a puzzle put forth by Sockfolder, where he has to get the Mirror Shield, Kokiri Gauntlets, and Zora Tunic but is banned from the following things:

- Requiem
- Zelda's Lullaby
- Magic Beans
- Bombchus
- Deku Sticks
- Gerudo Card
- Hylian Shield
- Cojiro the Cucco and further in that trading line
- Giant Wallet
- Blue Fire outside IC (I don't know what that means)

However, as I was typing that up, it seems Cosmo has already been painted into a corner he may not be able to recover from, due to forgetting about not having the Lullaby.

HoldYourFire
Oct 16, 2006

What's the time? It's DEFCON 1!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

- Blue Fire outside IC (I don't know what that means)

Outside Ice Cavern?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

HoldYourFire posted:

Outside Ice Cavern?

Ok, I should've realized that. I'm one of those weird guys that never really played through OoT but still likes watching it speedran, though.

• Locked thread