Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuccccccckkkkkkkkkk :negative:

edit: I think I finally cracked the early ele's code.. holy poo poo

furry drum circle fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Sep 25, 2011

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

I heard you mention that on Cosmo's stream :(

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Speaking of Cosmo's stream, I think it would be a good time to bring up that SRL now has weekly Ocarina of Time bingo races. They occur every Saturday at 10:00 PM EST (of course the race usually starts a half hour later because of the 'people just joining are not ready' to 'more people joining' cycle)

As always with bingo, make sure to have a decent bag of tricks before joining up, or else you could end up like me and sail smoothly for ~2 hours before hitting a brick wall because you have two difficult options at the end of your row :doh:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

This is utterly ridiculous. Man I've been out of the loop.

Is 73L still dominating Naija level times? I don't even think any of my previous fastest times are still standing, haha.
If they would only bring back the switch character level restart, or just add in a one button restart level command, I might speedrun this game again.

Arthe Xavier
Apr 22, 2007

Artificial Stupidity

This is amazing. I've played SMB for dozens of hours, and I couldn't imagine running through the game without dying, let alone with such perfect precision as this guy.

I applaud you, sir.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Yea the meat boy time is crazy. I used to do a bunch of IL's... had a couple obscure #1's but I doubt any of those still stand. I'd be impressed if this one got beat but I don't even have SMB installed on this computer so I don't know how to check. Anyways I never really did Iron Man runs because there's practically a separate metagame that involves willing your game not to drop frames or glitch out somehow. I was halfway through an ironman of Salt Factory once and meat boy just ran through a wall and died in the middle of the world :thumbsup: that turned me off of it pretty much instantly. Just makes this no death any% that much more impressive to me.

Also:

22 seconds ahead of my 30:03 with less than 7 minutes left. Then I died on Towers of Blood. gently caress.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
http://www.justin.tv/trihex

Trihex is doing some 100% Yoshi's Island attempts, which are normally entertaining on their own, but Trimom has completely disrupted everything multiple times. Just now she said she was going to punch trihex "in the fetus" and her friend came in the room and started talking in really poor french for some reason. It's great.

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

furry drum circle posted:

Trihex is doing some 100% Yoshi's Island attempts, which are normally entertaining on their own, but Trimom has completely disrupted everything multiple times. Just now she said she was going to punch trihex "in the fetus" and her friend came in the room and started talking in really poor french for some reason. It's great.

Haha she used that line back on him? Went afk for a couple and missed that whole exchange, but I was there when she referred to herself as Trimom when he said the internet says hi then came back in and caused a ruckus a couple minutes after. Tonight's run of this has been a great source of entertainment so far, even if he keeps having to reset so far.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
I did it!! :holy: Kid Chameleon 4 Boss Run in 29:51.80

Lots of little hiccups but overall a solid run. I'm pretty sure I want to iron out the wrinkles before I submit this to SDA, but that will probably have to wait until my AGDQ cram sessions. I'm going to concentrate on other runs for now.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Good work Peachers you are the man at being the kid (chameleon).

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Was awesome getting to catch the last half of that (and then watch the first half in the encore presentation!). :)

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

I did it!! :holy: Kid Chameleon 4 Boss Run in 29:51.80

Lots of little hiccups but overall a solid run. I'm pretty sure I want to iron out the wrinkles before I submit this to SDA, but that will probably have to wait until my AGDQ cram sessions. I'm going to concentrate on other runs for now.

Congrats on that! Gonna watch this now. I wish I could've seen it but I passed out early last night. How'd Trihex wind up doing on his run?

e: That was a drat impressive run, even with all the little hiccups. How much more time do you think you can shave off total if you get a completely perfect one? The few mistakes you had didn't seem to be more than a second of lost time each, at most.

baram. fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 28, 2011

Keyboard Kid
Sep 12, 2006

If you stay here too long, you'll end up frying your brain. Yes, you will. No, you will...not. Yesno, you will won't.
Cosmo is currently beating the OoT world record.

http://www.justin.tv/cosmowright

e: 2:34:51 or so, from the old 2:37:17, what a beast. also almost 900 viewers for a speedrun stream!

Keyboard Kid fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Sep 29, 2011

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Keyboard Kid posted:

Cosmo is currently beating the OoT world record.

http://www.justin.tv/cosmowright

Quotin this because it's almost definitely going to happen. He's about 10 minutes out from a ~2:35. Go watch!!

edit: 2:34:50, give or take a second or so. God drat.

furry drum circle fucked around with this message at 18:05 on Sep 29, 2011

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

He got his ~2:35! :woop:

Former Human
Oct 15, 2001

Looks like peaches is about to get a low percent record in Quest64.

http://www.justin.tv/peaches__

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Former Human posted:

Looks like peaches is about to get a low percent record in Quest64.

http://www.justin.tv/peaches__

That's because peaches is the only person insane and obsessed enough to actually complete a low% Quest 64 run.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

In case people were not aware, not only is Cosmo really loving good at Ocarina of Time, he's also really loving good at Super Monkey Ball. Here's his deathless Master run in 18:54: http://www.justin.tv/cosmowright/b/296382313

His freakout on the last stage is priceless, too.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Hahah yeah, Quest 64 Low% was one of those "just to say I did it" kind of things. Low% means I didn't kill a single monster, so the only experience I got was from bosses. The only way to beat the game like that is to grind out enough defense to go toe-to-toe with bosses and punch them for <10 HP per turn while tanking their attacks. The only way to grind defense is to get hit over and over. I had over 200 defense before fighting Mammon, which took well over 20,000 instances of getting attacked to grind out. Basically I would just watch a stream/read a forum/talk to someone on skype while mashing A to end my turn while standing next to a monster. If only I was recording the whole thing, I could have submitted it to SDA!

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

In case people were not aware, not only is Cosmo really loving good at Ocarina of Time, he's also really loving good at Super Monkey Ball. Here's his deathless Master run in 18:54: http://www.justin.tv/cosmowright/b/296382313

His freakout on the last stage is priceless, too.

Wow, this is really awesome. Cosmo had me try monkey ball once and I game over'ed like three times in a row trying to go up the right side of the second level. For a game that just uses the stick, and no buttons, it's outrageously hard.

For the sake of some barely relevant discussion that doesn't deserve its own thread: During my quest Low%, I wanted to know what Zelse's HP was so I could get an idea of how many turns I'd have to survive his attacks, so I looked up a guide on gamefaqs. Turns out the guide is total rear end -- many HP/stat values are wrong, over half the monsters in the game are straight-up missing, monsters erroneously have multiple element affinities, etc. Hell, the Apohphis[sp] and Death Huggers have question marks for their Attack/Defense. To make a guide, all you have to do is cast Soul Searcher and get these values straight from the game :cmon:

The guys I was skyping with thought this was hilarious so we started looking for more lovely guides. We found some godawful Ocarina of Time and Mario 64 maps. They made me want to try submitting the shittiest possible maps and see what gamefaqs accepts, but then kirkq found the mother load, and I really don't think it can be beat. If anyone knows of any other godawful guides/maps, please post so we can laugh at them.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Here have a torrent

And some compilation reels:

Highlights -- Youtube
Bloopers -- Youtube

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

UraniumAnchor posted:

Here have a torrent

And some compilation reels:

Highlights -- Youtube
Bloopers -- Youtube

These are really cool, thanks. I like how Gombill's blooper and highlight clips for sm64 start at exactly the same spot. Nitrodon's Cave Story highlight was insane. I think StarTropics is my favorite segment, especially with the "if I die in this game something went horribly wrong" preface. And I uh... I'm not sure what to think about the We Love Katamari highlight :staredog:

also I have decided that Nemesis has the best submissions on GameFAQs.

Zo
Feb 22, 2005

LIKE A FOX
Heh siglemic's easy mode VC 120 and 70 runs already obsolete by N64-J runs.

Also, batora streaming 16-star WR efforts with over 10k viewers right now http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv66083068?ref=ser

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
Holy poo poo, kirkq just streamed a 2:34:xx Quest 64 SS any%! Before that him and I were neck and neck at 2:45 and 2:46, respectively, so it's a pretty massive improvement (especially compared to Marshmallow's heavily segmented 2:47 on SDA). I'll give it a weekend or two of attempts but otherwise I'll be content to respect that as the WR from my low% throne.

Zo posted:

Heh siglemic's easy mode VC 120 and 70 runs already obsolete by N64-J runs.

Also, batora streaming 16-star WR efforts with over 10k viewers right now http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv66083068?ref=ser

I haven't seen sig stream in a while... I'm guessing he got sick of restarting and is taking a break. I used to have his stream going while playing quest 64 or other trash and most of the time it was just him restarting on whomps or idling in the lobby. I hope he'll try to take those back soon.

I have no idea how to watch nico video :smith:

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

I have no idea how to watch nico video :smith:

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

Polsy
Mar 23, 2007

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

http://mmcafe.com/nico.html

I'm pretty sure you need an account to watch live streams (I'd assume the accounts you can make on http://www.niconico.com/ work over there but I haven't tried personally)

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Polsy posted:

I'm pretty sure you need an account to watch live streams (I'd assume the accounts you can make on http://www.niconico.com/ work over there but I haven't tried personally)

Oh duh, I wasn't even paying attention to the fact that they were talking about a live stream. My bad.

apophenium
Apr 14, 2009
Cosmo just topped his MST time by around 40 seconds! Very impressive! Final time was 2:34:19

Brett824
Mar 30, 2009

I could let these dreamkillers kill my self esteem or use the arrogance as the steam to follow my dream
Cosmo just got another MST record: 2:34:19.86. Says he's probably gonna submit this one because he doesn't feel like he can do better.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Brett824 posted:

Cosmo just got another MST record: 2:34:19.86. Says he's probably gonna submit this one because he doesn't feel like he can do better.

I think this is risky because zfg has been streaming his near-daily attempts to get the record back, and has been ahead of Cosmo's pace pretty often. That guy is really good but a total underdog in stream presence.

SDA's marathon schedule just went under some changes: Portal 1, Maverick Hunter X, and Viewtiful Joe have been cut. Deus Ex Human Revolution has been added. Metal Gear Solid is now Twin Snakes. And Jape can't go now so Monkey Ball is no longer a race :^( I'm glad Portal and Maverick Hunter X got cut, those were two of the biggest weak spots in the old schedule imo, being that portal 2 is on the schedule and 1 has been in the last 3 marathons, and Mega Man already had a 6 hour block before MVX. Now there's a little more variety with DE:HR.

HKR
Jan 13, 2006

there is no universe where duke nukem would not be a trans ally

I think this is risky because zfg has been streaming his near-daily attempts to get the record back, and has been ahead of Cosmo's pace pretty often. That guy is really good but a total underdog in stream presence.

SDA's marathon schedule just went under some changes: Portal 1, Maverick Hunter X, and Viewtiful Joe have been cut. Deus Ex Human Revolution has been added. Metal Gear Solid is now Twin Snakes. And Jape can't go now so Monkey Ball is no longer a race :^( I'm glad Portal and Maverick Hunter X got cut, those were two of the biggest weak spots in the old schedule imo, being that portal 2 is on the schedule and 1 has been in the last 3 marathons, and Mega Man already had a 6 hour block before MVX. Now there's a little more variety with DE:HR.

Looking forward to the dxhr run, I've been playing that game a lot and thinking of how perfect it'd be for a speedrun.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

and then it hit me."

Hooray they listened to reason and cut Portal 1. Did they mention why VJ got the axe? I would think that would be a neat game to see run.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Not enough time to make it a good run, basically. Mike overextending himself again.

NG3 has me legitimately concerned, but I have three months to iron it out.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
http://www.twitch.tv/zfg1

ZFG is over a full minute ahead of Cosmo's OoT record right now, 45 minutes in. Either zfg or cosmo will have their heart broken sometime in the next two hours.

edit: Volvagia strikes again :horse:

furry drum circle fucked around with this message at 23:47 on Oct 7, 2011

iastudent
Apr 22, 2008

Trihex going for another Yoshi's Island 100%.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

iastudent posted:

Trihex going for another Yoshi's Island 100%.

This man is an artisan, what a perfect game to speed run.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Exo managed to shave 46 seconds off that Super Meat Boy run.

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
I came here to post the new Super Mario 64 DS TAS (which is a hilariously bad game being broken apart), but

UraniumAnchor posted:

:suspense:

animatorZed
Jan 2, 2008
falling down

This sums up my reaction quite nicely.
Ridiculous...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Yeah, I saw that before work, and... yeah, about my reaction. Absolutely goddamn ridiculous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

UraniumAnchor posted:

OK, so the last one was really impressive. This is goddamn close to TAS.

• Locked thread