Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Coheed and Camembert
Feb 11, 2012
I'll keep my eyes out for the Sly Cooper run and any and everything by SSBMstuff and TOTO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Zaggitz posted:

Hidden Distance is doing the La-Mulana remake right? Gonna donate to that cause that version is better, and he doesn't diddle people in their sleep.

The GDQ people should seriously bring the goddamn hammer down on anyone who behaves like that.

THAT MEANS YOU, URANIUMANCHOR!

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

DoctorWhat posted:

The GDQ people should seriously bring the goddamn hammer down on anyone who behaves like that.

THAT MEANS YOU, URANIUMANCHOR!

Well I don't think he ever did anything at the event, and they're neither judge, jury, nor law enforcement for things that don't happen at their events. They have enough to worry about just running the whole thing.

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Well I don't think he ever did anything at the event, and they're neither judge, jury, nor law enforcement for things that don't happen at their events. They have enough to worry about just running the whole thing.

I can confirm Uranium Anchor is executioner though.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Studio posted:

I can confirm Uranium Anchor is executioner though.

Well yeah, you can only gently caress with cables so much before the broken vodka bottle comes out.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Jman's reached the goal on every single marathon he's hosted, from 3,500 to 600.

He's gonna be your Mulana guy whether you guys like it or not, unless the goon hivemind somehow comes together to vote for the other guy.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
This game list is pretty packed. Metal Storm, Clash at Demonhead, Shatterhand race in the NES block. Blasto with PJ on couch commentary, Castlevania 64, Noitu Love 2, tons of games I wouldn't expect to see at a marathon but definitely will be looking forward to seeing.

Weapon bid war for Super Ghouls and Ghosts should be... interesting. :stare:

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

E-Tap posted:

This game list is pretty packed. Metal Storm, Clash at Demonhead, Shatterhand race in the NES block. Blasto with PJ on couch commentary, Castlevania 64, Noitu Love 2, tons of games I wouldn't expect to see at a marathon but definitely will be looking forward to seeing.

Weapon bid war for Super Ghouls and Ghosts should be... interesting. :stare:

http://www.twitch.tv/murphagator/c/3905572

Here's a crossbow only run he did for a marathon I organized back in March.

Its absolutely amazing. :allears:

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

Alteisen posted:

As with any SGNG run, "only" is a relative term.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
That's a good looking schedule. I'm definitely looking forward to Mega Man 3, GTA 2, Kirby Super Star, Goldeneye, and Big Rigs (what the gently caress is that even going to look like? Is that game even beatable?) The Bonus Add-ons all look pretty good too...a Ninja Gaiden Pacifist run is truly a sight to behold.

Calling it now: the TMNT IV, Mega Man X, and Mega Man X2 races will be the most hype. I hope they give the MMX2 race the AGDQ2014 Super Metroid race treatment with informed commentary and scripted donation readings. That could be the highlight of the entire marathon.

Tracula
Mar 26, 2010

PLEASE LEAVE

Alteisen posted:

Amusing as this seems holy poo poo is it distracting to have 3-4 sprites constantly dancing on the right side.

Admiral H. Curtiss
May 11, 2010

I think there are a bunch of people who can create trailing images. I know some who could do this as if they were just going out for a stroll.
Is that Four Swords Adventures run single player? Missed opportunity.

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
Not gonna be doing second loop, Uranium Anchor?

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

FillInTheBlank posted:

Not gonna be doing second loop, Uranium Anchor?

I think its going to be a donation incentive.

Thanks Internet
May 27, 2012

This poster just flew all the way from Caketown just to make this post!

Now THAT'S desperate!

quote:

Disney Infinity (The Incredibles co-op) | Essentia & her daughters
Well this should be adorable :3:

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
I dunno, I'm kinda not feeling this schedule as much as I thought I would. I'm sure I'll still watch quite a bit of it, but on first glance it doesn't hook me as much as previous marathons have.

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

CVagts posted:

I dunno, I'm kinda not feeling this schedule as much as I thought I would. I'm sure I'll still watch quite a bit of it, but on first glance it doesn't hook me as much as previous marathons have.

The usual suspects haven't wowed me in over a year now but I like tuning in to see who the breakout stars are going to be at each marathon. That isn't to say I don't like seeing Sinister1 wreck Mike Tyson or zoast zip through SM because the technical skill is still impressive but it just seems more fun now to see what weird games are going to be run or what insanely skilled runner that's never done a marathon before is going to show up and drop jaws(CGN, for instance). I'd kill to see Kalemandu show up at one of these things and just decimate Boshy for people, everyone would go nuts.

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
witwix has gotten really good at Boshy, so the game is going to be well-represented at SGDQ.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm happiest about Shatterhand, love that game.

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I hope one day they do a marathon with the only stipulation being everyone has a to run a game that has never been in a GDQ marathon before.

Lynx Winters
May 1, 2003

Borderlawns: The Treehouse of Pandora
Gildersneeze just got a 21:06 on Demonhead, the first real major PB since starting his new route a few weeks ago.

EDIT: The old PB was 22:07.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Lynx Winters posted:

Gildersneeze just got a 21:06 on Demonhead, the first real major PB since starting his new route a few weeks ago.

EDIT: The old PB was 22:07.

Awesome, good for him, he's been working super hard on that.

iPodschun
Dec 29, 2004

Sherlock House
For any other FF6/JRPG watchers, LCC is close to 3 minutes ahead of his WR pace before the second airship. He started his timer ~1m30s late so it says -4:22 right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/thelcc

edit: 4:50:45-4:51 or so down from 4:54:59 wow. LCC just said he can make up a minute too

iPodschun fucked around with this message at 07:36 on Apr 19, 2014

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003
Yeah, it's been a great run so far. It's the first one I've caught since the new RNG manipulation.

He could lose a bunch of time to green guys and tower behemoths/worms and still be in great shape.

e: loving nailed it, 4:51~

BloodWulfe fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 19, 2014

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
Cosmo is about 10 seconds ahead of his WR in OoT any%. This is the new swordless route.

http://www.twitch.tv/cosmowright

e: 18:40.41

Ajaxify fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Apr 19, 2014

Bradster
Aug 14, 2004

Ryan Reynolds brings a brilliant new form of acting in every movie he does!
I tuned in just before he hit his "8% backup HESS", whatever that stands for. Good stuff.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
To get that glitch, you need to do a Hyper Extended Super Slide off of a falling rock. The rocks give you a random angle when you do the HESS, and that angle has an 8% chance of clipping through the wall and causing the void warp.

Ordinarily, he can use targeting Zelda there to give him the right angle, but she wasn't nearby since he HESS's extremely fast down the tower.

Kerfuffle
Aug 16, 2007

The sky calls to us~
Ha, that was an awesome ending. He apparently isn't done trying though, he really wants sub 18:30.

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
grats on the joke category that no one but your nut huggers care about cosmo

Uznare
Jul 15, 2010

It's not animation, but the real stories!

heeheex2 posted:

Why are you so mad heehee? He got it fair & square. It's not like he was playing sm64 on vc w/the 90 second advantage over n64.

Ajaxify
May 6, 2009
The iQue is 13 seconds faster than JP VC. He's now more than 13 seconds below the #3 time of 19:00 minutes on JP VC so it's a legit record.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

heeheex2 posted:

Think you clicked the wrong bookmark friend, this isn't /srg/. :keke:

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

no i mean like he legit has the wr

it's just a joke lovely category

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

heeheex2 posted:

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
Caracarn is running Final Fantasy X right now and the audio coming out of the game is completely hosed. It's leading to some hilarious cutscenes

Reginald Bathwater
Dec 19, 2009

MINE EYES CAN BUT WEEP AS THEY BEAR WITNESS TO THE MAJESTY... THE BFG 9000!

heeheex2 posted:

yeah who ever heard of an any% speedrun wtf

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

Reginald Bathwater posted:

yeah who ever heard of an any% speedrun wtf

See: ALttP any%

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

heeheex2 posted:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
What's the current MST record? Because that's always been the coolest category.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominic White
Nov 1, 2005

Alteisen posted:

I'm happiest about Shatterhand, love that game.

Best music for sure.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OT_H6iyjt38

Decent game, too. Really liking the look of the lineup for SGDQ. Seems to be fewer massively long games, too.

• Locked thread