Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yolshi
Feb 14, 2012

Kale just destroyed Boshy any%. 32:45 :aaaaa:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CVagts
Oct 19, 2009
Holy poo poo. I need this VOD whenever it becomes available.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
He also tied his record for fewest deaths at 16. The crazy thing is there is still some time to be saved because I know he missed the second world 10 skip.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
TMR is doing a show for a russian site about broodwar and starcraft. :confused:

Dr. Dos
Aug 5, 2005

YAAAAAAAY!
So apparently there's a wrong warp in Super Meat Boy and the game can be completed in 5 minutes now.

Slightly cut off highlight

Prism
Dec 22, 2007

yospos

Mr E posted:

Yesterday elajjaz ordered a banana pizza and ate most of it on stream because people didn't believe that a banana pizza was a thing.

I still don't. Who would do that? Where can you possibly order one?

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Prism posted:

I still don't. Who would do that? Where can you possibly order one?

Sweden, evidently. I tried a piece of pizza with banana on it once and it was awful.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

Mr E posted:

Sweden, evidently. I tried a piece of pizza with banana on it once and it was awful.

I imagine with the right sauce it would be pretty great. Oh man, a spicy peanut sauce with banana... the elvis.

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
gently caress bananas. Put macaroni and cheese on that poo poo. Let's see caleb tackle that.

Oh and maybe beat some games quickly too

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

FirstAidKite posted:

gently caress bananas. Put macaroni and cheese on that poo poo. Let's see caleb tackle that.

There's a chain here that does exactly this, you can get tater tots and fried onions too.

Oh yeah speedrunning, Super Time Force (Ultra for pc folk) is a kick rear end speedgame make sure to nag your favorite steamer into playing it.

Speaking of nagging streamers I helped convince sockfolder to play Hack n Slash and he figured out how to beat the game in around seven minutes by naming himself a string he needs to use later on to change the exit of a room he's in to lead to the final one.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 16, 2014

BloodWulfe
Mar 18, 2003

FirstAidKite posted:

I know this is going to sound a bit weird but that's my favorite part of the competitive speed eating and donation soliciting community.

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

SeXReX posted:

Speaking of nagging streamers I helped convince sockfolder to play Hack n Slash and he figured out how to beat the game in around seven minutes by naming himself a string he needs to use later on to change the exit of a room he's in to lead to the final one.

That's pretty great

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.

Yolshi posted:

Kale just destroyed Boshy any%. 32:45 :aaaaa:

Pretty much once I heard he was returning to run Boshy again I expected this to happen.

CVagts posted:

Holy poo poo. I need this VOD whenever it becomes available.

http://www.twitch.tv/kalemandu/c/5127227

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

BloodWulfe posted:

I know this is going to sound a bit weird but that's my favorite part of the competitive speed eating and donation soliciting community.

Nerd.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

SeXReX posted:

wait what

Hang about, I want some elaboration. Or a link or something.

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

Is there a technical reason Mike Tyson's Punch-Out is preferred over the Mr. Dream version?

Fredrik1
Jan 22, 2005

Gopherslayer
:rock:
Fallen Rib

Mr E posted:

Banana on pizza is like food for the gods. It's frankly the best.

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

SuccinctAndPunchy posted:

wait what

Hang about, I want some elaboration. Or a link or something.

Hack n' Slash is a game about hacking the game. This is normal and expected.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.

Amppelix posted:

Hack n' Slash is a game about hacking the game. This is normal and expected.

Oh, oh! That makes infinitely more sense, I was getting the game confused with "Hack, Slash, Loot." Hack n' Slash looks pretty cool actually, think I'll give it a try.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

Also my brain just shuts off whenever I read the word Sockfolder and I just go along with whatevers being said because the man is a magician. A speed-wizard.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Here's the fastest one he did, clocking in at 7:02, could be sub 7 with perfect execution.

Nativity In Black
Oct 24, 2012

If you're gonna have roads, you're gonna have roadkill.
Man, the fact that you can do that makes me really want to acquire that game.

Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

UltimoDragonQuest posted:

Is there a technical reason Mike Tyson's Punch-Out is preferred over the Mr. Dream version?

When Sinister did his very first segmented run back in like 2010, people kept asking why not the Tyson version.

So now every runner does the Tyson version, that's pretty much it, there are 0 differences between the 2 outside of a few visual things here and there like a different portrait for Macho and the Mr. Dream arena being blue instead of green.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

Valkyrie Profile: http://www.twitch.tv/srkfunkdoc

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

http://www.twitch.tv/sub_whistle

Sub_whistle 3 minutes ahead into the final level of halo. Goatrope's gonna lose his six hour old record.

Edit: 1:33:07 !!!!! That's loving amazing.

Deformed Church fucked around with this message at 09:30 on Sep 18, 2014

Crell
Nov 4, 2008

Hot Leggy Blonde, you
got it goin' on.

MooCowlian posted:

Sub_whistle 3 minutes ahead into the final level of halo. Goatrope's gonna lose his six hour old record.

Holy poo poo that is crazy good. I've watched sub screw up a few similar runs in Maw, glad he finally got one! Goat was right last night, it won't be long until someone cuts his time.

goatrope
Feb 24, 2007

MooCowlian posted:

sub_WHISTLE is a god gamer. that run is going to be very tough to beat

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqn-2m32hIk

Some hot TAS poo poo that would make OoT any% faster

so obviously someone is going to learn to do this on console

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀
drat, a 231 skip that still needs the shield. I really want low% to be 3 items. That's the only place where you need shield, right?

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012
You also need it for void warp.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Gamma Nerd posted:

You also need it for void warp.

And to avoid softlocking at final ganon? I'm not an expert on oot.

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
You can just not void warp and descend the tower normally. You need the shield to activate ISG though, so the combat sections become much, much harder. You need a bunch of sticks or fight with a broken stick.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
I feel like eventually OoT any% is going to be routed down to taking a few steps forward and then just wrong warping straight into the credits.

So... basically LTTP any%.

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

SeXReX posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oqn-2m32hIk

Some hot TAS poo poo that would make OoT any% faster

so obviously someone is going to learn to do this on console

Just give cosmo like a week or so before he decides to stream attempts of doing it on the iQue.

Gamma Nerd
May 14, 2012

canoshiz posted:

You can just not void warp and descend the tower normally. You need the shield to activate ISG though, so the combat sections become much, much harder. You need a bunch of sticks or fight with a broken stick.

And all of this wastes way more time than it does to not skip shield. Which is why shield is not skipped.

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Gamma Nerd posted:

And all of this wastes way more time than it does to not skip shield. Which is why shield is not skipped.

But, if you don't skip an item, then it isn't low% anymore.

e: The biggest reason shield isn't skipped because currently you can't.

Nippashish
Nov 2, 2005

Let me see you dance!
What do you skip in low% that you don't skip in any%? That trick uses a bomb and you currently don't get explosives in any% so I assume you don't get them in low% either.

Scrubs are pretty fast and getting explosives is way out of the way, so I don't think it would make any% faster.

Skipping the shield would be really slow because it is used in so many places. The shield is probably the most useful item in oot.

sigher
Apr 22, 2008

My guiding Moonlight...

Is there a site with all of the GDQ schedules and links to videos of the runs? I remember them being made while the marathons are going on but I can't seem to find any lists.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

https://archive.org/search.php?query=games%20done%20quick

They're all on archive.org, although it's not all brilliant labelled. For everything for the past few, search google for the reddit vods threads if you'd prefer. I don't know if/how well they survived the audiopocalypse and rounds of deleting broadcasts, but they're there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

canoshiz
Nov 6, 2005

THANK GOD FOR THE SMOKE MACHINE!
Low% is more of a challenge than a speedrun, like low level SMRPG or something.

• Locked thread