Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alteisen
Jun 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ArfJason posted:

spikevegeta running rayman legends at http://www.twitch.tv/megamarathon

Another week, another fundraiser for runners. :tootzzz:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr E
Sep 18, 2007

Alteisen posted:

Oh my god when will fundraising end. They keep entertaining us, it's so bad.

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.
I enjoy watching bits and pieces of these silly marathon things. Donate if you want, or don't, it's still fun either way if you like watching marathon speedruns(which I actually like better then watching a million reset runs until they get the perfect WR, although it is fun to catch them when they do manage to pull off a WR) so I don't know what the problem is.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Cubey posted:

I don't think there was ever a pastebin about Controllerhead at all now that you mention it. Ironic considering how big of a deal it was to pretty much everyone at the event.

It's almost like things that actually matter don't get pastebinned

Studio
Jan 15, 2008

flatluigi posted:

It's almost like things that actually matter don't get pastebinned

Remind me to use this in a few months

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

But I already knew your posting didn't matter

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008
yo so how does the speedrunning community feel about a known adulter being one of the first speedrunner at agdq 2015?

goldjas
Feb 22, 2009

I HATE ALL FORMS OF FUN AND ENTERTAINMENT. I HATE BEAUTY. I AM GOLDJAS.

FamDav posted:

yo so how does the speedrunning community feel about a known adulter being one of the first speedrunner at agdq 2015?

What?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

FamDav posted:

How about "it's none of my loving business"?

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L

FamDav posted:

They're all criminals in some sort of degree right now. But we do it for charity and that's all that matters.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Hey lets rename this the drama thread because thats all you gay rear end homos talk about

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Alteisen posted:

who gives a heck it was a dude playing rayman legends (goty 2013) insanely well

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Leonid posted:

all you gay rear end homos
drat that's edgy, you should write a pastebin about you're strong feelings on the subject matter

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Oct 25, 2014

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

Alteisen posted:

The runners being raised for with that one are from far away countries, so it makes more sense than someone a few states away who isn't living on minimum income.

eriddy
Jan 21, 2005

sixty nine lmao
Can someone write up a quick summary of the State of the Speedrun scene for me? From what I gather people are doing games fast and stuff but I would like to get a summary of the drama with minimal personal effort I appreciate your help fellows.

Elephant Ambush
Nov 13, 2012

...We sholde spenden more time together. What sayest thou?
Nap Ghost
Pastebin this entire thread IMO

So I'm watching megamarathon because I couldn't sleep and I'm bored and this Rocket Robot with Wheels game is awful. I've literally never heard of it before. It literally has stolen Mario 64 noises in it, as well as noises stolen from other games and media, everything else looks like it was stolen right out of Banjo Kazooie, and the runner is incredibly boring.

And yet here I am, watching it. :suicide:

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Leonid posted:

Hey lets rename this the drama thread because thats all you gay rear end homos talk about

Delicious homophobia dude, can I get a side salad of misogyny to go with that? Then my gamer meal will be complete.

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

ColdPie posted:

Delicious homophobia dude, can I get a side salad of misogyny to go with that? Then my gamer meal will be complete.

I've had more gay sex than you, idiot

Chakan
Mar 30, 2011
I like speedruns of Strider (2014) because the man moves quickly and there are many cool tricks to go quicker. There are two basic ways of playing, one goes out of bounds and the other doesn't. The out of bounds way is quicker, but finicky. I enjoy playing Strider (2014) and seeing someone play it very quickly and with great knowledge is very fun too. I'm going to start trying to play Strider (2014) quickly. I will use resources from Twitch.tv and I hope to check in soon to tell everyone how my times have improved (or not!) in the coming weeks. Thank you for reading my fastgame report.

By: Chakan grade 2 3

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011
Hello everyone, I'm a turbofag, and I also enjoy the rayman speedruns. Are you all ready?

Dancer
May 23, 2011

Leonid posted:

I've had more gay sex than you, idiot

Doesn't make your post not homophobic (also: you don't know that for a fact).

Katana_Warrior
Dec 25, 2009

Dancer posted:

Doesn't make your post not homophobic (also: you don't know that for a fact).

anyone who's on the internet telling people not to use the word gay is guaranteed to not have had any sex, straight or gay. Same with anyone who posts regularly in the speedrun thread tbh (minus heehee)
EDIT: arfjackson probably has hosed a couple ladies in his time too, he seems cool

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
just get it over with and spam pictures of your dick already you insecure weirdo

crestfallen
Aug 2, 2009

Hi.
So in actual speedrun chat, witwix is doing boshy any % runs: http://www.twitch.tv/witwix

He seems to be resetting more than normal, even though he's not explicitly going for a WR now. Bunch of AGDQ chat going on there too.

The Rokstar
Aug 19, 2002

by FactsAreUseless
The greatest run ever in the greatest category ever. 47'00" Ceres escape. :c00l:

http://www.twitch.tv/oatsngoats/c/5355606

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

Leonid posted:

EDIT: arfjackson probably has hosed a couple ladies in his time too, he seems cool

Thank you, James.

Shadow Ninja 64
May 21, 2007

"I stood there, wondering why the puck was getting bigger...

and then it hit me."

0xwas the god is making RNG bend to his will in his SMRPG run for that marathon linked before: http://www.twitch.tv/megamarathon

heehee
Sep 5, 2012

haha wow i cant believe how lucky we got to win :D
gently caress the police comin straight from the undaground

someone convince me to start speedrunning again please

ArfJason
Sep 5, 2011

heeheex2 posted:

No.

ZOOP MASTER 50 CAL
Apr 14, 2004

baby hipster pope

heeheex2 posted:

Speedrun Roundabout for maximum esports

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe

heeheex2 posted:

Play a good video game.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

heeheex2 posted:

if you beat my pong masters time Ill do naked glover 100%

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009

heeheex2 posted:

Speedrun Roll Away

Vakal
May 11, 2008
I've seen streamers practicing lately for something called Best of NES which I'm assuming is another marathon. Anyone know the date for it?

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.
Starts on Halloween, ends the 2nd:

http://bestofnes.eu

HUMAN FISH
Jul 6, 2003

I Am A Mom With A
"BLACK BELT"
In AUTISM
I Have Strengths You Can't Imagine

UraniumAnchor posted:

Starts on Halloween, ends the 2nd:

http://bestofnes.eu

That looks awesome. I have a ton of work to do next weekend and this will be perfect background noise.

Shabadu
Jul 18, 2003

rain dance

No Hydlide or Swords and Serpents is whack. Serious though that marathon is going to own so hard.

UraniumAnchor
May 21, 2006

Not a walrus.

quote:

Dress...appropriately
Nerds are sexy, and you're all magnificent, beautiful creatures, but let's try and keep this about the games, shall we?

Wearing no clothing or sexually suggestive clothing - including lingerie, swimsuits, pasties, and undergarments - is prohibited, as well as any full nude torsos, which applies to both male and female broadcasters. You may have a great six-pack, but that's better shared on the beach during a 2-on-2 volleyball game blasting "Playing with the Boys."

RIP shirtless Caleb.

Updated Twitch Rules of Conduct.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
No more panties on my head, back to nicovideo.jp I guess :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dizz
Feb 14, 2010

L :dva: L
RIP Trihex's only notable thing.

• Locked thread