Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Cosmo just got a $1400 donation. I don't know if that is semi-normal or what, but drat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Jakuvious posted:

In fairness, it really isn't any different from when everyone rushed over to JP.

I seriously don't get why some people are so annoyed by his new record. How is it different from using the different cart versions. Speed running is about getting the fastest time, Cosmo used the best official version of the game to do that.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Why does it bother Siglemic so much that somebody is running the game on a system He Doesn't Approve Of?

Isn't it in the realm of possibility that having a Wii (and therefore the VC) a lot more common than an N64 and a JP cart? If people don't like Cosmo using the iQue because it's uncommon and not accessible to a lot of people, then why is it a big deal when someone runs SM64 on probably the most accessible format?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Brett824 posted:

He doesn't care about people playing it on VC, it's just the stupid "WR!!!!" hype. "joke community. skill and optimization takes a backseat to ~*~world records~*~* and twitch popularity." sums it up perfectly.

Okay, has Hyassin done that? Or is he just assuming that?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
lol @ that Noah guy

loving neeeeerd

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Brett824 posted:

Yeah they should totally cut Wind Waker I hate more viewers and more donations to charity.

Seriously they should choose the games that get the most viewers for this exact reason.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

heeheex2 posted:

Yea, why not just have Cosmo run games for the entire marathon! I'm sure that would be the smartest thing to do and not have the marathon not be a popularity contest!

Werster had a good idea, of WW being a donation incentive ($1 000 000) at the very end. A 5 hour game with barely any changes should be what's looked at, not the runner.

There's a huge amount of middle ground between "giving Cosmo his 4 hour WW run and add a donation incentive for a 20 minute OoT run" and "have 3 or 4 of the most popular people run games all marathon" but nice strawman.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

uPen posted:

There's still 5 hours of pokemon so I'm a little distraught.

Seriously that sounds awful

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I watched that for like a half hour and it was really, really unenjoyable.

I like Adam's stream but that poo poo was awful.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Final Fantasy and Pokemon runs. Both unbearably boring.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
The whining over this is god drat insufferable, please shut the gently caress up

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Man that schedule looks amazing. Can't wait to watch then watch any VODs that I missed.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Hereck and Tolki? And that dude makes enough money from streaming to support both of them + her school?

The gently caress

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
Why is he on the phone explaining speedrunning to a girl right now? What is happening.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
I agree that a lot of people "ironically" like Blueglass.

I am neutral towards him. He supports the runs more than anyone else, but he also talks too much and can make runs less enjoyable.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Alteisen posted:

Or maybe they just actually like him. :rolleyes:

I'm glad he won't be AGDQ this year, if only so the thread isn't full of goons sperging out over his presence and laugh.

Yeah, there are probably a lot of folks that do, I didn't say there weren't.

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Peewi posted:

As a complete outsider to all this, excluding people in an attempt at standardising seems bad.

As others have mentioned, having fields for version and category and having filters seems like the way to go.

I just don't understand why you wouldn't do it this way. That way if you only consider N64 runs legitimate thats all you have to look at. If someone else wants to see the best time on all platforms they can see that. There's literally no good reason to exclude people based on their platform.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

Dizz posted:

Does anyone know why they paused during the Yoshi's Island run and cleared out of the room?

No

• Locked thread