Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
DynoTech, in memoriam:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Despite the hype surrounding the upcoming Mario 64 120 star TAS, there's a new video published for NES Battletoads that improves it's already short 2 mins down to about a minute of "gameplay" that ends up making it look like an 8-bit version of Cloverfield.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzyrlP2Id-s

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Lutha Mahtin posted:

This Battletoads + Double Dragon run is really entertaining, mostly just for how much these guys love screwing around with it.
I've seen about a dozen of their runs and I still don't know what's going to happen each game. For some runs, neither do they. Definitely worth watching during AGDQ, even if it's not technically a speedrun since as they say beating the game without the console or emulator locking up is accomplishment enough.

I'd like to add a screencap of the coveted stage 4 bullet shotgun, but it's so difficult to have them onscreen for long with all the sprite flicker, of course assuming the bullets actually show up.

Edit: Well, Rondo of Blood is a lot more entertaining than I would've thought it to be from watching other playthroughs of it. Apparently for half the game you don't even need to be facing forward to walk.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 10:10 on Nov 24, 2012

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Mecha Richter posted:

Also, I have another picture on top of that I think would be a great addition...

Haha, if you haven't already made the perler prizes for the BT&DD donation incentive, I was thinking of suggesting either the LEV punch sprite or Bimmy's bikefist sprite (though good luck getting a good capture for a trace/guide). However, I think that picture would top those if it's kosher enough for the marathon.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 12:54 on Nov 24, 2012

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

Poxnor is now doing recorded attempts of Final Fantasy Legend 2 (aka SaGa 2) for Game Boy. Thanks to some weird glitches, he has it down to 43:12 so far.

http://www.twitch.tv/poxnor/

I've been watching this for the past couple weeks he's been experimenting with it, hoping to have some coherent description of just what he's trying to do to this game to go with a link to his stream. :psyduck:

From what I can recall so far, there's a glitch you can do to spawn a "glitched" enemy meat to drop after a fight, that turns the monster character that eats it (for his route only the point character is a monster, rest are robots) into a form several tiers higher than what you should be able to get at that point in the game. This is important to getting a Teleport skill that's usually only available late game that lets him skip a large portion of the rest of the game.

Oh, and by the way, the glitch has some other hilarious side effect where for one of your characters it dumps stacks of seven sword weapons into their inventory, which when equipped on robots, gives them effectively 65k hp even though the game's only showing 999. It's some serious programming-breaking poo poo and the funniest part is that since the "RNG" in the game is pretty easily manipulated by how many steps you take, he's been doing this bizarre rear end trick on a normal gameboy cart via gamecube gameboy player.

All that said, currently in the works he's trying to figure out how to attain a "riding dragon" state used in one race part of the game, where if you take this dragon and are riding it to the endgame areas, it lets you go through walls that are normally impassable, and like any good game processes it's terrain skipping faithfully since there's NO way you would be able to ride a dragon besides the one screen the game gives you one to ride, right?

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Nov 30, 2012

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

pksage posted:

Might try a few more iterations of different palettes, it's really hard to convert stuff with lots of colors to beads.
Oh goodness, those are going to be like the ultimate prize for a lot of people. Get the trihex face in there also and the charity the next marathon benefits should be set for life.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Zotwoz posted:

Werster beat the Pokemon Gold WR by 1 minute today, 5upamayne just came close to securing the 2:01 for Yellow but failed at the very end. Today was a pretty good day for Pokemon RNG runs
Going into the last fight with Red, Werster had like a 6 minute lead from an amazing symphony of luck throughout the run, that ended up costing him 5 minutes simply because the 10% chance on ice punch didn't freeze venusaur in the 3 times he had to use it, and killing it early before he could setup using x items to boost his stats ended up resorting to him having to just stall out espeon's psychic pp by using full restores. I suppose you have to be pretty dedicated to run something that reliant on RNG during a 3 hour run, but I guess there's always next time... :stare:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

He's tied with the console WR (12:03) and 1 second off the emulator record.
http://www.twitch.tv/dxtrslab
And a minute after I check the stream he gets it. :stare:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

Metasigma just got 2:40:35 on a Secret of Evermore single-segment run, beating the SDA segmented run by ~9min. Still a lot of experimentation to be done but a sign of good things to come.
So Metasigma's been going at it again, and managed to find a pretty hilarious side effect of a trick he uses earlier in the run. In the first area you can skip a cutscene by switching to the dog and sneaking past a cutscene trigger in the first village. You can do this in Nobilia as well once you have both diamond eyes, and the game has a script to take them from you. Well, normally you need to go back to the bugmuck and kill thraxx 2.0 to get them back to get to Omnitopia for the last stretch of the game. Skipping that cutscene let him keep the diamond eyes, using it for the last sequence and skipping the thraxx fight altogether, leaving him like 11 minutes ahead when he's back to the final boss room over his previous PB, making it to the final boss room at 2h20m roughly. :psyduck:

Edit: and there you have it, 2:30:47.62

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 07:57 on Jan 1, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Metasigma's going to start with some more Secret of Evermore. He's talking about some new sequence break someone in his chat apparently found recently, that according to him can shave maybe 5 or more minutes off the run, with his best being at 2h30m, he's pretty confident a new best will be tonight. He might not be everyone's cup of tea, he can get a bit excitable and frustrated on enemy RNG but not enough to keep me away with how good the game and run is.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

Also since the health & charge bars aren't drawn during the banquet scene, he goes through the maze and boss fight there without seeing them. They reappear once he comes out the other side of the underground pathway.
Haha, it's a good thing that Footknight boss isn't that hard then if he can't see his hp!

So if I remember the plot correctly at this point, it's after your "pig-dog" wins the piggy race, and your dog is supposed to be separated from you in the castle's kitchen. Apparently before that, the boy gets bored with the castle, declares "gently caress it, I'm out.", has a lovely stroll through a hedge maze, where the dog joins him at the boss in the center. It's no small miracle the game just gives you the dog back there at the boss instead of some plot-barrier "I need to get my dog back before going here" sequence, and makes the plot a lot funnier out of context as well.

iastudent posted:

Omnigamer just went live with practice runs of several of his games.
There's plenty of time to catch this stream also before Metasigma starts his evermore run as well for anyone unsure where to go.

Edit: 18500 viewers ready to spam HUEHUEHUE for Ganon's laugh scene, may God have mercy on Twitch. :stare:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
I didn't have the sound on for the last part of his stream, but I sure hope he hyped the hell out of AGDQ with those 18500 viewers between all those donation comments. :ohdear:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

He actually did, yes. :) He mentioned that he was gonna be there and running Wind Waker and suggested everyone watch as much as they could, and even namedropped SDA.
Awesome, I figured he'd likely mention it with him going and all, just worried Wind Waker could've possibly drowned his brain or something with how hard he's gone into it.
Also, anyone else remember last year where 4500 viewers was a lot for AGDQ? And Cosmo just plugged it to 18500 people 3 days before it starts :stare:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
To wrap up the night's Evermore news, the banquet skip as it's called helped Metasigma beat his previous best by 5 minutes for a time of 2h25m18s. 2h20m looks much more likely if the next run decides to show mercy on the luck-based aspects and get the dog to actually sniff in the right direction to get skips off in less than a minute.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

http://www.twitch.tv/peaches__ About to do an all-nighter of all his games, starting with Quest 64 any%-J.
Having fun with his webcam again with guest star Pie.

With 1000+ viewers in already, I worry for the chat servers if he goes through Typing of the Dead again. :ohdear:

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

PonchAxis posted:

For some reason I wasn't following Peaches before AGDQ even though I've seen his stream before. I have now seen the light.
Oh god, this story from peaches about giving the wrong number to a girl he met is the funniest goddamn thing, seriously, get in here.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

Secret of Evermore with Metasigma! :woop:
He's going at it again, and after nearly being done with Gothica is 3m23s ahead of his personal best with good execution/luck going on, today could be likely the day he gets under 2h20m or even 2h19m.

He's looking to get the game into next Summer Games Done Quick event if Mike's ok with the run (he gave a shoutout for it during the marathon so likely will be). Also discussing a strat with chat about switching control to the dog and attacking while casting hard ball so the spell and dog's weapon experience go up to possibly save time leveling it.

Edit 2: Entering the final boss room at 2h08m even, 3m18s over his personal best now. :suspense:

Alteisen posted:

let's hope it doesn't softlock again.
We don't talk about that during this run! :mad:

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 00:44 on Jan 15, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
There you have it, 2:19:07.48 with a "terrible" last boss room.

Also duckfist or emptyeye from someone's laptop mentioned half the people still at AGDQ watched the run finish.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Metasigma going back to Secret of Evermore, talking up some new skips in Omnitopia that can save another couple minutes bypassing several cutscene triggers, run is halfway through the Gothica section now, with him a minute ahead. Apparently he's also found a consistent way to get the dog on AI control to sniff walking forward, which is used to skip a couple cutscenes and used to be pretty random.

He can be fun to watch just for the faces he makes when he pulls off something big.

The Omnitopia skips involve a room with about 8 guard sentries that spawn when you walk forward, but you can manipulate the dog to skip past them and not go through several time consuming fights, mostly the same way he skips naming the dog in Prehistoria, and keeping the diamond eyes in Antiqua.

In the final boss room starting at 2h07m this run being about 2 minutes faster despite making some small mistakes.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jan 20, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Alteisen posted:

And he just soft locked it right at the end. :smith:
What a drat heartbreaker too. I thought it was random like the telescope scene freezing, but apparently the game is so overburdened by off-screen things happening and being animated, and if you're far enough south the game has such a hard time keeping up it forgets to spawn the last boss. He's giving it another shot though for anyone wanting to see some of the tricks here.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
WELP.

Hopefully saving much from here won't be RNG-dependant when he gets a high quality recording for the run.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Metasigma's bout to start another set of Secret of Evermore playthroughs, with word about a new trick he's found with another user Asfarasiget that lets him get a ton of permanent stat boosts, namely permanent barrier, which makes you mostly invincible while it's active. :suspense:

Broadcaster Metasigma: I can't make the trick work until atleast Mids
Broadcaster Metasigma: basically this trick will allow me to stat buff through Act 3 and then add one more layer with barrier through act 4
» Making the final boss rush and all that much faster
» I'll just be throwing down energize
» And if I want to be even more broken I'll add speed/atlas
» What it DOES let me do is NOT have to power up the sword
» Because I can now have perma stats added
» THAT is a HUGE time saver

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
Metasigma just finished a run using a new trick with pixie dust, where "dying" (and being revived by pixie dust) with buff effects active apparently makes them permanent throughout the whole game. This alone doesn't save as much time as I think it would, until he gets it with barrier active and is able to go through the rest of the game completely invincible. :stare:
Rolling a few atlas casts active throughout the game, to I think 4-6 active and stacked during the final Carltron fight let him hit regularly for 800-985 with sword attacks and shaved two and a half minutes on the final fight alone.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Kyrosiris posted:

And Meta just soft-locked the game by one-shotting Vigor.
I like how all this happens the time he tries the name "#W o L F T e a M", it's like the game tries to make the name fit.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
And for people wanting to keep up with Metasigma's Secret of Evermore speedruns, he's managed to find a sort of consistent way to use the old Atlas trick to get 65000+ attack, but for the second time now has locked up after trying to get the sword after the Vigor fight. The TAS uses the glitch in the same way and doesn't freeze the game, all that's left is to find out why.

And when it is discovered... dear god... :stare:

Edit: Ok, so killing Vigor with alchemy instead of a bugged huge attack prevents the freeze and allows the game to progress, time for some fun. :getin: 27 seconds ahead of his current best so far, time to see how big the divide gets.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 02:15 on Jan 31, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Shadow Ninja 64 posted:

Also Secret of Evermore is getting funnier and funnier the more MetaSigma breaks it in half.
I love how non-sensical the plot is now with what you can do out of order. Nobilia's beset by a crazy old man that awakens doomsday constructions using diamond eyes he doesn't have, going wandering around a forest instead of waiting on a banquet you're invited to in Gothica. The queen then apologizes for throwing you in a jail that she didn't, asks you to investigate some rundown castle you've already been to, and then next room over she's trying to kill you with puppets from the balcony.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

iastudent posted:

1:58:30! THE RUN!

And just last night he was bummed that his 2:00:46 didn't get recorded with his internet out. :psyduck: Twitch didn't save the first part of the video apparently, but the important part's on the highlight, namely the last hour and a half and everything after the atlas glitch. Swiping the last boss for 1000-2000 a pop is quite a sight. He doesn't even use spells or call beads on the final boss rush anymore looks like.

http://www.twitch.tv/metasigma/b/363691915

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

AnonSpore posted:

Werster's response to questions going from "Why the gently caress are you asking me this sort of retarded poo poo you dickmongering assmonkey" to "Well you see, how it works is that the game (detailed explanation here)" depending on the status of his given run is always hilarious.
It may turn away some, but I find his attitude amusing since he acts exactly like what I would imagine Gary Oak to be like as a speedrunner, while demonstrating at times that he quite clearly knows his poo poo and then some. These runs take a while to build up, but the gym leaders and elite 4 are always exciting to watch with all the crazy hail mary strats he has to rely on, hence aforementioned 5hp remaining from a critical flamethrower being "not very effective". :psyduck. Also Hypedos's thunder missing nearly killing him even against a stage 2 Dragonair.

Edit: Also as mentioned in chat by Duckfist and Tompa, shortly after he finishes this run, The Sunday Sequence Break stream will be going live with this week's game being Fire Red & Leaf Green with werster and MexiricanBassMonkey.

http://www.twitch.tv/thesundaysequencebreak

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 00:04 on Feb 4, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Heran Bago posted:

And now Werster is on the Sunday Sequence Break. gently caress the superbowl there's speedrunning afoot.
http://www.twitch.tv/thesundaysequencebreak
I love the art for these each week.

I can't remember what the view count was during agdq, but I think 2400 or 2600 viewers at the start of this is a record high viewer count.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Feb 4, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
So after TSSB, they linked this stream of a japanese player running through Super Mario World, using a program that reads out nico comments, even not knowing japanese this is pretty funny with people on their nico accounts trying to make it say "Fraynkah zee".

http://www.twitch.tv/yaposon

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
The new Prehistoria route Metasigma's worked on with Theangrypanda1 from Saturn's previously linked emulated 1h54m speedrun helped cut a lot of time from not having to level the hard ball skill from skelesnails anymore, saving about 2 minutes. With the other small tweaks contributing to the near 4 minutes he beat his previous best by. :stare: Still improvable by a minute or two as well.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
The game's speedrun route has undergone one hell of a metamorphosis since it's SDA run. Metasigma's youtube page has several of his previous recorded records that use a lot of these, and discussion of the new tricks has largely only taken place in his chat.

- What came to be known as the "banquet skip" is a trick in act 3 in Gothica right after the pig race your dog wins. When entering the room the banquet is supposed to be held in, you have about a second or two of player control before your character starts a dialog and switches control to the dog. During this time you can leave the room it's held in, causing the game to forget about loading the event altogether. This lets the boy leave the castle on to the hedge maze where when you reach the Footknight miniboss, your dog just casually strolls on screen through hedges and you begin the fight as normal. This has the comical side effect of making your hp and attack bars invisible until the boss as well.
What it looks like.

- What amounts to "dog slingshotting" is where you inch towards a spot on the ground that starts a cutscene or dialog (for example, the villager blocking the exit to Fire Eyes' village) while controlling the dog, then switch control to the boy right before the dog reaches it. This manipulates the dog's idle animation to walk forward some while the game doesn't check if you're in a cutscene spot or not, letting you skip certain scenes and fights altogether. Originally this was used to skip the naming the dog cutscene (causing it to go by the name "The Dog" for the rest of the game) but was usable in act 2 after you got both Diamond Eyes from the pyramid and colossus where you're supposed to give them away to Evil Horace afterwards. At first glance this skips just a fight against some pirates but the game actually makes a check to take the eyes out of your inventory when it loads, skipping that lets you keep the eyes, which ends up being a huge time saver late in act 3 when you're gathering the materials for the flying machine in order to reach Omnitopia. This is also used late in Omnitopia with a room that is supposed to spawn 8 sentry bots that can be bypassed with this trick.
What it looks like.

- The permanent atlas/wraparound glitch that lets you do 999 damage with every swipe has quite a loving convoluted setup and is done in act 2 while waiting for the Nobilia market to close. I believe the order of effects you need to have active are:
  • Get poisoned
  • Use Fairy Dust which revives you when you go to 0 hp
  • Cast Atlas or any other effects you want to make permanent
  • Die as soon as possible and hope it's not from poison damage to trigger the fairy dust revive.
Somehow this causes the game to lower your attack value by the number of frames since you last took poison damage, which can be as high as 300 or so, causing it to go into the negatives that the game interprets as a value of over 65000.
What the setup looks like.
A while ago this was used with the speed buff for accuracy, and barrier which makes you invincible when made permanent like atlas. This required being afflicted with plague, the only way to take damage while barrier's active. The barrier setup has been replaced with some new method of making permanent things like Horace's Aura call bead ability that I'm not keen on the details of yet since it's only a few days old or so. If I recall it involves casting like 4-5 buffs simultaneously which makes the game forget how long your first buff is supposed to last and just makes it permanent.

- After the neo atlas glitch decimated the game with a run under 2 hours, research was done on what can be streamlined in Prehistoria to take off more time since it's the only other place you have to play "fair". One of meta's viewers found a trick with squeezing through rocks as the dog that you normally have to cast levitate on to get past. It was consistent enough to work on every boulder up to Magmar, making acquiring the levitate spell totally unnecessary. This meant you never have to go to the swamp at all, or fight Salabog for the spell or have to care about getting any mud peppers in the game whatsoever.
What it looks like.

Here's an attempt at a pastebin with these covered that hopefully can be revised by others since keeping up with all the new tech for the game is a herculean task in itself.
http://pastebin.com/q4e5J9KS

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
If you haven't already been following PJdicesare's twitch channel or have unfortunately missed his last couple streams the past few days, he's been going through the funniest breakdown of a game's mechanics since Secret of Evermore's trips through insanity with old SNES classic Drakkhen, with stories of how broken it is dating back to at least Oct 2011.

The story begins with this highlight where warrior Arthur scores a killing blow with a 158 damage hit while dead. Then later that same session, Arthur dies to a constellation monster, then scores revenge with a killing blow from beyond the grave once more.
These were believed just random occurences of the game making as little sense as possible until the stream last morning, where once again a dead warrior in the first slot makes a killing blow, on another constellation monster of all things.

At some point during tonight's stream, it was deduced that when the first character is dead, that a priest autocasting heal minor in a fight will target the first character since I guess it makes sense a dead character needs the most healing, regardless of if it doesn't still work. This has the hilarious side effect when cast of granting that character a chance at attacking, which can be seen demonstrated in the first few linked highlight videos where dead characters score kills.
After this, it was found that staying motionless against enemies that use mainly projectile attacks prevents you from getting hit whatsoever for the most part. Since mp also regenerate naturally in a fight, this means that a legitimate strategy is just standing still, watching for when the priest's mp goes to 5, and watching poo poo unfold as the dead warrior lands an invisible blow against whatever you're fighting. Since you cast as you have mp, this makes mp phials into a hilarious machine gun when used on your priest that can immediately give your dead warrior another 15+ chances to obliterate.

If you missed it and have the time to catch up on it, I'd recommend starting watching from this point where he revives Arthur and demonstrates the theory on the first constellation monster that dares challenge Arthur's legacy:
http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare/b/371725091?t=3h21m45s
Culminating in Arthur scoring enough post-mortem experience to actually gain a level, which gave him hp causing him to be revived though his character portrait still thought him dead, while acquiring a torch for an extra Super Ghouls and Ghosts run afterward.
http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare/b/371725091?t=3h35m20s

Following this fiasco has been entertaining enough to have me consider loading this up in an emulator tomorrow to play with this some.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

E-Tap posted:

-Stuff about SNES Drakkhen-

To add to this, PJ and Dragondarch are conversing in the chat channel of Metasigma's Secret of Evermore runs and apparently found a way to get infinite exp by just standing still.

dragondarchsda in meta's chat posted:

dragondarchsda: That first room in the drawbridge castle
» The one that kept giving me like 1,000
dragondarchsda: Apparently the first time you enter it, it forgets that it gave you the 40 XP it's supposed to
» And gives you about 40 XP per frame
dragondarchsda: For whatever character you're controlling

dragondarchsda: Yeah, just don't leave the room
dragondarchsda: It only works the first time you enter that one room
dragondarchsda: I sat there forvere last night just to see how high I could get XP
dragondarchsda: Had 1.5 million on all 4 chqaracters
dragondarchsda: Which is level 22 or 23

So if the game makes it into an SDA marathon at some point, it already has a donation comment reading portion built in to the run!

Edit: ok Meta's calling it a night, and PJ is about to play Drakkhen on his stream.
:getin:
http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare/new

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 2, 2013

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

dpbjinc posted:

I haven't seen anything of the game beyond the 65k attack glitch. Considering you already do 999 damage to pretty much everything, what's the benefit of farming experience?

Oh sorry, the experience farming isn't Secret of Evermore related, the game dragondarch is talking about farming experience in is Drakkhen, another rpg on the SNES.

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Dias posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare
Drahkken run with the power of THE BIG KAZAM. PJ names, too good.
And if you were unfortunate enough to miss it, this should link right to where PJ starts telling the Big Kazam story, and it very well explains why uttering the name itself nullifies his ability to do anything besides laugh uncontrollably. RIP urinal.

http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare/b/373135646?t=7h51m55s

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004
MisterMV is a cool guy that helped the previous Crystals for Life Final Fantasy marathon some weeks ago. In the middle of a recent Final Fantasy 6 race, he encountered possibly the most effective npc block in history, where a wandering npc in the returners hideout got between the plot npc and Edgar. In doing so, fully softlocked the game since he couldn't move or interact whatsoever without having to reset.

http://www.twitch.tv/mistermv/c/2352464

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Phone posted:

Like I said, I'm bad at internet drama.
Unfortunately this is more an issue of being bad at posting about speedruns in the speedrun thread. There are ways to practice consistency for that though by instead of hanging on cosmo's every word on twitter, posting his more thread relevant speed runs and namely his aforementioned SotN low% route practice.

To use a Flicky quality segue "Speaking of poo poo rolling downhill".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stlUvjXbhZA

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

Crotch Bat posted:

Calling it "The Billy Mitchell" is loving fantastic.
This took 10 minutes to look up the reference and 30 minutes to stop laughing from it. Holy poo poo what a big play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

E-Tap
Jan 4, 2004

MURPHAGATOR! posted:

Some stuff in SGnG is so laggy that it doesn't just randomly cost you time, but also completely changes some strats you have to use in order to avoid it.
Big example is second half of stage 3, something despawned the bats so they stopped appearing and he ended up saving possibly 2 seconds of lag frames alone just from bats not trailing him.

Here's the link for the highlight of the run: http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare/c/2918736

He's not lying when he says it's a stressful run, holy poo poo. Having to recover from almost everything the game could throw out and being one hit away from losing the run in several places is a given, but doesn't express nearly enough how hard it is. Loop 2 stage 2 recollecting gold armor and even getting the full shield back before the boss without having to go too far out of the way, the loop 2 stage 3 bats back from the frat party during loop 1 with a vengeance, the stage 5 boss killing the shield post-defeat, limboing under the blue axe demon next to a fire tower in loop 2 stage 4, this run would've given me a heart attack if I was watching it live. This run is insane, I'm looking forward to this being brought up in the next TSSB, it would easily earn SGNG a loving amazing game of the week spot.

Edit: PJ's already uploaded this to youtube as well for more convenient watching.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aGnZbgQFLjI

Edit: if you've had trouble connecting to twitch chat via IRC like I have the past few days, set your client to connect to irc.twitch.tv without a username in the server address, and just /join #username afterwards.

E-Tap fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Sep 13, 2013

• Locked thread