Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science
Feel free to check out the Rayman 2 race going on now for an intelligent, informative lesson on linguistics.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science
loving sucks that we lost the DVR footage. The marathon was still a huge success, there were so many memorable moments. I can't wait for a clutch montage video and the SDA Choir soundtrack.

UA, you registered a week before me. :v:

duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science
Funkdoc is the man. I watch his stream for the good tunes.

duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science
Some Ninja Gaiden 1 NES racing will be going down at 1pm EDT today (in 30 minutes), featuring some of the best players of the game:

Sinister1 (PB 12:35)
Arctic_Eagle (PB 12:44)
dxtr (PB 12:55)

First to 3 wins.

Sinister1 has the world records for the sword-only and pacifist categories, and I think Arctic_Eagle has had NG runs up on SDA before. Arctic_Eagle and dxtr raced this live at ESA a few weeks ago, with Sinister1 participating in his stream as well.

Anyways, hype get. Ninja Gaiden is a blast to play/watch and ought to be represented more in speedrun streams. These guys destroy this game so I'm sure it'll be sweet.

Edit: They're starting. http://speedrunslive.com/race/?id=g3cbb

duckfist fucked around with this message at 18:28 on Sep 1, 2012

duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science

iastudent posted:

PJ, Feasel, Duckfist and Mecha_Richter are starting off their Fab Four marathon to get money for SGDQ, starting with Feasel playing Willow.

http://www.twitch.tv/pjdicesare

Thanks for posting this!

Here's the schedule
Check out the other tabs on that spreadsheet for the donation totals on each of the incentives we have.

Here's where you can donate
To leave a donation comment for us to read: Click the "Add" button next to "Note to seller". This is found under your shipping address after logging in. If you forget to leave a comment, you can let us know via PM (to PJ's twitch account) or email (the gmail account "tssb.triblade") with your name and intended comment and we'll take care of the rest. Make sure you leave a comment and let us know which of the incentives you want to apply it to!

Prizes you can win by donating (made by Mecha Richter)
SGDQ is "Summer Games Done Quick", which is an annual summer speedrunning marathon hosted by Speed Demos Archive. This year, they're raising money for Doctors Without Borders. Helping us get there indirectly helps raise money for that cause, since we are each playing several games at the event as well.

The 4 of us are sharing a hotel room, so this will, at the very least, help pay for that, and if people are generous enough, even cover some of our flight expenses.

The marathon started a little over a half hour ago, and will continue for the next 36 hours! Thank you for your support.

:munch:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

duckfist
May 27, 2006

buster science
From what I can tell, if the SRC wants to change GDQ, the legitimate means they have are:

1. Change the type of games submitted, or don't submit at all
2. Leave feedback in the post-GDQ feedback thread.

In the past, the venue and charity were open discussions, but that has been settled down. It would be nice if there were some other avenues to take and help influence the direction it goes in.

• Locked thread