Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

As an aside, has anybody else noticed that The Brethren have apparently survived and made it to EU3+? They moved to Bohemia, it seems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alikchi
Aug 18, 2010

Thumbs up I agree

I had an unnamed infant Holy Roman Emperor once.

Redeye Flight
Mar 26, 2010

God, I'm so tired. What the hell did I post last night?

Alikchi posted:

I had an unnamed infant Holy Roman Emperor once.

It can happen fairly frequently at game start since a UI is in line for Bohemia's kingship. In effect, though, I tend to find that they die very quickly after game start.

rizzen
Apr 25, 2011

Redeye Flight posted:

It can happen fairly frequently at game start since a UI is in line for Bohemia's kingship. In effect, though, I tend to find that they die very quickly after game start.

Fairly frequently is a bit of an understatement. Every game I've played in Europe has had an UI on the throne for Bohemia after the first guy kicks the bucket. Though you're right about them dieing fairly quickly. I haven't seen one last more than a decade.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Well, I just FINALLY finished reading through the literally tens of thousands of posts that constitute this thread.

Pretty amazing stuff. My hat's off to Wiz for the amount of work he's put into this; it's a really great read.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

rizzen posted:

Fairly frequently is a bit of an understatement. Every game I've played in Europe has had an UI on the throne for Bohemia after the first guy kicks the bucket. Though you're right about them dieing fairly quickly. I haven't seen one last more than a decade.

That's because Bohemia starts off with an unnamed infant heir who is 65 years old. He dies before the starting king half the time, and when he does inherit, well, he naturally doesn't last very long.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Coming shortly to a thread near you:

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

Wiz posted:

We're not getting Austria-Hungarowned?

Diploid
Oct 21, 2010
I can only assume they want to utilize our military power (what's left of it) as a buffer state.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
At least our elections/Russian overlords chose the right person to lead Anatolia into our glorious future.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Dibujante posted:

We're not getting Austria-Hungarowned?

Nah, the Russians have no interest in setting up national republics since that'd give legitimacy to all the nationalist movements in their own territory. Note that they used a geographical border (the caucasus mountains) with no regard for the fact that they've now created enclaves of Azeris and Georgians in Russia.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
:black101: Jahan Jahan :black101:

Smoky Bandana
Oct 1, 2009

You can trip on my synthesizer.
We're going to go full-on Yugoslavia. This isn't going to end well, mark my words.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

O'er the sea from the north
there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow
I'm surprised that Greece didn't get more of Anatolia. Now Azerbaijan the Anatolian Republic is an even more untenable state then before. I assume that it's still an Azeri dominated state?

Kainser fucked around with this message at 15:45 on Jun 15, 2013

MinistryofLard
Mar 22, 2013

Goblin babies did nothing wrong.

Wiz posted:

... Our jews!

Also our Georgians, and possibly some of our Azeris, but our Jews!

Seriously though, wow thats pretty generous. The Greeks could have taken the entire Aegean, as well as Cyprus and other sundry places.

Dibujante
Jul 27, 2004

MinistryofLard posted:

... Our jews!

Seriously though, wow thats pretty generous. The Greeks could have taken the entire Aegean, as well as Cyprus and other sundry places.

And our next order of business will be to throw those Greeks back across the Bosphorus :black101:

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Dibujante posted:

And our next order of business will be to throw those Greeks back across the Bosphorus :black101:

And bring democracy back to Greece!

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Wiz posted:

Nah, the Russians have no interest in setting up national republics since that'd give legitimacy to all the nationalist movements in their own territory. Note that they used a geographical border (the caucasus mountains) with no regard for the fact that they've now created enclaves of Azeris and Georgians in Russia.

That'll be fun come vicky 2

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

theblastizard posted:

And bring democracy back to Greece!
Jahan Jahan will be a Napoleon Equivalent, just you wait :smuggo:

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

MinistryofLard posted:

... Our jews!

Cyprus at least is Armenian in this timeline, I'm assuming that the Greeks got what are still Greek majority lands and Azerbaijan The Anatolian Republic kept all the others.

Anyway this sets up for an 'interesting' V2 at least. Compared to real world OE or Austria we're going to be much more progressive, (maybe?) have better tech, but have even worse problems with nationalists. At least big, scary Russia is our friend.

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

RabidWeasel posted:

I'm assuming that the Greeks got what are still Greek majority lands and Azerbaijan The Anatolian Republic kept all the others.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 16:14 on Jun 15, 2013

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Chapter 4: Republic (1826-1828)

The peace conditions imposed on Azerbaijan are harsh: In addition to the abolishment of the monarch and the creation of a revolutionary 'Anatolian Republic', significant territorial concessions are demanded.

The new border between Russia and Azerbaijan is fixed at the Caucasus mountains, leaving some one-third of Azerbaijan's territory and a significant part of its Azeri population under Russian rule.

Greece's ambitions of a pan-Greek union are quashed by Russia, who instead throw them a few bones in the form of Bursa and Rhodes, but leaving the key fort of Smyrna in Anatolian hands.

Tunga, having fled Tabriz before the city fell, escapes to Aleppo with a small army of loyal soldiers. He proclaims the independent Sultanate of Aleppo and then immediately turns to his cousins in Persia for protection. Russia, having little interest in fighting Persia for such an inconsequental territory as Aleppo, allow its loss.

One of Tunga's less talented but more ambitious generals, Jahan Jahan, is established as interim military dictator of Azerbaijan with a cadre of Russian 'advisors' to guide his decisions.

Jahan's first action is to rebuild the shattered Anatolian army, conscripting large numbers of peasants and promoting a number of lower-ranked officers from urban backgrounds to create a new revolutionary army and officer corps.

The new army utilizes a mix of Russian and Azeri tactics, with a strong artillery corps in the center flanked by highly mobile units of infantry, cavalry and guards.

Two such armies are raised, the limit of what Anatolia's reduced state finances can support.

Work also begins to fortify Izmit and protect the vulnerable Greek border.

In the West, the Burgundian wars draw to a close in 1837, with a white peace being signed between Burgundy and Italy.

The wars are not completely without territorial concessions however, with Italy taking a chunk out of Croatia and Burgundy being forced to cede Perpignan and Montpellier to Spain.

Even as one war ends, tension begins to mount on another front. Mostly recovered from its previous campaigns, Russia casts its eye on the monarchies of Europe once more.

In response Germany and Sweden, the most obvious targets of Russian ambition, quickly rally behind Italy.

The tense peace continues throughout fall and winter, until finally in spring of 1838 Russia declares war on Germany and all hell breaks loose.

The final battle between Revolution and Reaction has begun.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Jun 15, 2013

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011
Soo... will we earn shiny things for actively participating?

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
Time to invade Constantinople Tsargrad.

YF-23
Feb 17, 2011

My god, it's full of cat!

Tunga sucked anyway, Jahan Jahan will lead us to glory!

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Would you mind posting the diplomatic map at the war's declaration? That really helps visualize the continental war.

RabidWeasel
Aug 4, 2007

Cultures thrive on their myths and legends...and snuggles!

Huh, I had totally forgotten about that map, I thought that the Armenian influence went a lot further west. The Russians are just straight up dicks to everyone I guess! :v:

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ZearothK posted:

Would you mind posting the diplomatic map at the war's declaration? That really helps visualize the continental war.

Added.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

RabidWeasel posted:

Huh, I had totally forgotten about that map, I thought that the Armenian influence went a lot further west. The Russians are just straight up dicks to everyone I guess! :v:

Armenia used to own a lot of the Greek bits but they didn't culture-flip very much of it. There's Armenian minorities in a lot of Anatolia in the V2 scenario though.

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Burn down the Pope's backyard, bring the Revolutionary glory back to Germany, fight off the reactionary hordes of Swedes who wish to take Finland's new-found freedom. Join the Revolutionary Guards today!

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Let the russian dogs bleed themselves dry against the monarchs of europe, they stole our AZERIS.

Bishop Rodan
Dec 5, 2011

See you in the funny papers, liebchen!
Glorious Consul Jahan Jahan will lead us to a bright future free of oppressive monarchs! He will catch the bloodthirsty Tunga and bring him to justice! :black101:

Readingaccount
Jan 6, 2013

Law of the jungle
Jahan Jahan? Guess the alt-history band will have to go by some other name.

... *reads diplomatic map* ...
Time to seize Thrace! We have to occupy as much as possible of the Black sea coast before the Greeks and Russians!

Also, what does the Monarchies having 14% army and the Revolutionaries having 114% mean?

Readingaccount fucked around with this message at 17:20 on Jun 15, 2013

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

AtomikKrab posted:

Let the russian dogs bleed themselves dry against the monarchs of europe, they stole our AZERIS.

Exactly, death to the Russki oppressor! I hope we get some kind of revolution in Vicky 2. I don't care what kind, fascist, communist, whatever the hell, as long as it frees us from puppethood and puts us in a position to backstab Greece and Russia the instant they're weak enough to take back the land our brave Azerbaijani lads bled for.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Readingaccount posted:

Jahan Jahan? Guess the alt-history band will have to go by some other name.

... *reads diplomatic map* ...
Time to seize Thrace! We have to occupy as much as possible of the Black sea coast before the Greeks and Russians!

Also, what does the Monarchies having 14% army and the Revolutionaries having 114% mean?

That's land dominance (and the ship is naval dominance).

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Well, on the plus side, at least our security issues are largely over as long as we suck up enough to the Russians. Having an enormous, technologically-advanced superpower on our side will be really, really handy.

Of course, if the Russians manage to get beaten, we've pretty much got the worst of both worlds coming up. Stripped of land by the Russians, stripped of land by the coalition, and generally turned into a cake for everyone to carve up as they please and humiliated by both sides of the war in the end.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

WeaponGradeSadness posted:

Exactly, death to the Russki oppressor! I hope we get some kind of revolution in Vicky 2. I don't care what kind, fascist, communist, whatever the hell, as long as it frees us from puppethood and puts us in a position to backstab Greece and Russia the instant they're weak enough to take back the land our brave Azerbaijani lads bled for.

We'll probably be in Russia's SOI, not a satellite.

Either way becoming a GP breaks it.(This is why forming the SGF as Austria is stupid)

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

Wiza, can you please fix Italy's eastern conquests? It's pretty dumb that instead of grabbing the Dalmatian coast they'd go for a weird penis-like appendage that splits Croatia in two right through (:pervert:).

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

Tomn posted:

Well, on the plus side, at least our security issues are largely over as long as we suck up enough to the Russians. Having an enormous, technologically-advanced superpower on our side will be really, really handy.

Of course, if the Russians manage to get beaten, we've pretty much got the worst of both worlds coming up. Stripped of land by the Russians, stripped of land by the coalition, and generally turned into a cake for everyone to carve up as they please and humiliated by both sides of the war in the end.

I don't know, with Tunga alive and in exile, the reactionary coalition winning could work out well for us. They may end up being opportunistic assholes, but at the same time they know our new allegiance was forced on us, and I could see them reinstalling Tunga as king and giving us back the lands we lost and maybe then some, to keep us happy with them and as a bulwark against the newly-weakened Russia. Go, Italy, go! :italy:

theblastizard posted:

We'll probably be in Russia's SOI, not a satellite.

Either way becoming a GP breaks it.(This is why forming the SGF as Austria is stupid)

Yesssssss.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kainser
Apr 27, 2010

there sails a ship
With the people of Hel
at the helm stands Loki
After the wolf
do wild men follow

NihilCredo posted:

Wiza, can you please fix Italy's eastern conquests? It's pretty dumb that instead of grabbing the Dalmatian coast they'd go for a weird penis-like appendage that splits Croatia in two right through (:pervert:).
I think Wiz mentioned that conquests will be messy but that he's only going to use the MotE borders as a vague guideline when converting to Victoria 2 anyway.

Kainser fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Jun 15, 2013

• Locked thread