Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ofaloaf
Feb 15, 2013

Danny Glands posted:

Here are some that could help:

National Radio Manufacturing
Cyprus Shipyard and Drydock
Black Sea Marine Research

Also, if you need icons for these tech teams, I can probably help if I'm given the format and dimensions.

Radios! Shoot, totally forgot about radios. :doh:

Tech teams icons are fairly simple. They're supposed to be 96x96 tiles like so:

Best if in black & white, with a white border around the edge, but that can be added afterwards too if need be. They're supposed to be 24-bit or 256-bit bitmaps as well, but imgur tends to autoconvert bitmaps and that's also easy enough to convert/resave after the fact.

e:256-bit

Ofaloaf fucked around with this message at 03:52 on Jan 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MaybeNever
Aug 6, 2013
I seriously hope that Anatolian Horse-Riding Pajama Cat Concern is one of our tech teams.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Ofaloaf posted:

Radios! Shoot, totally forgot about radios. :doh:

Tech teams icons are fairly simple. They're supposed to be 96x96 tiles like so:

Turkish Van Factory
Vehicle Engineering, Technical Efficiency, Electronics, Mechanics, Industrial Engineering, Cattes
Skill Level 5

EDIT^^^^^^ His name's better.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Kavak posted:

You'd have to buy archives and track down the thread itself for that.

As far as I remember Texas conquers America, Russia conquers China, and in the epilogue Texas conquers Earth and lands on Mars. Texas, Texas, Whiskey.

Oh you don't have to tell me. The Texas LP is what got me into Paradox games to begin with.

Serisothikos
Dec 4, 2004

Unlimited Pasta Pass

The Nozzle posted:

Oh you don't have to tell me. The Texas LP is what got me into Paradox games to begin with.

Same, that and the original Sardinia-Piedmont Vicky LP that I don't think even made it to the end of Vicky.

semihippie
Jul 28, 2004
The Wanderer

rlloyd3 posted:

T██████ ████
M██████ ███████ ██████

I'm going to guess that the last one is Mustafa Kemal Ataturk.

ModernMajorGeneral
Jun 25, 2010

NihilCredo posted:

Speaking of navies, is the Caspian navigable in DH?

TheMcD posted:

Nope, the game doesn't give the bordering provinces ports, so there's no way to get boats in there, even though the provinces are defined and would be navigable.

I've definitely played a DH game (I think it was an older Kaiserreich version) where there were naval bases and ships in the Caspian, so I think it is moddable. I'm not sure why that was removed, I thought it was pretty neat.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

TheMcD posted:

That's a list to be taken with a grain of salt. While extensive, it's still manually updated, and it's probably a massive pain to keep it updated proper, so it's often missing some stuff, like my Safecracker 2 LP or the Hansa Mega-LP.

Could somebody link to the aforementioned Hansa Mega-LP (I presume it's currently ongoing, and doesn't need archives) if it's not too much trouble?

Kanthulhu
Apr 8, 2009
NO ONE SPOIL GAME OF THRONES FOR ME!

IF SOMEONE TELLS ME THAT OBERYN MARTELL AND THE MOUNTAIN DIE THIS SEASON, I'M GOING TO BE PISSED.

BUT NOT HALF AS PISSED AS I'D BE IF SOMEONE WERE TO SPOIL VARYS KILLING A LANISTER!!!

(Dany shits in a field)

Serperoth posted:

Could somebody link to the aforementioned Hansa Mega-LP (I presume it's currently ongoing, and doesn't need archives) if it's not too much trouble?

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3582025&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=1

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

I've definitely played a DH game (I think it was an older Kaiserreich version) where there were naval bases and ships in the Caspian, so I think it is moddable. I'm not sure why that was removed, I thought it was pretty neat.

Having isolated seazones breaks supply completely.

Serperoth
Feb 21, 2013

Thanks a lot. I have no idea why I stopped reading that actually.

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

ModernMajorGeneral posted:

That gives you stuff like this and Russia being unable to ship supplies because it tries to route its supply convoys through Astrakhan.

Rogue0071 fucked around with this message at 18:57 on Jan 11, 2014

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...
Hmm, 400 posts since Monday, must have been a few amazing bonus turns...

Nope, just people talking about what to name the Azeri Navy.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Rogue0071 posted:

That gives you stuff like this and Russia being unable to ship supplies because it tries to route its supply convoys through Astrakhan.

How did Mexico even get those in there?

Rogue0071
Dec 8, 2009

Grey Hunter's next target.

theblastizard posted:

How did Mexico even get those in there?

I have no idea. I didn't sell those to them (I was the Soviet Republic). Weird things happen when Paradox games have disconnected seazones.

MaybeNever
Aug 6, 2013
You've just crossed over into...

The Twilight Seazone.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

It's what lays on the other side of the Bermuda Triangle.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Someone said "bonus content"?

The following was played in HOI3: Their Finest Hour with a modded-in Azerbaijan tag as a minor member of the Axis. Everything else is vanilla, no cheats used.

Their Finest Azeri: Chapter 1 (The Fall of France)

September 11th, 1938. After the Bhutanese victory in the War of 1920, the world's borders had been redrawn. Anatolia had been reduced to the Fascist rump state of Azerbaijan centered around Baku, and it seemed as though the nation's glory days were behind them. But unbeknownst to all, Azerbaijan would come to play a crucial role in the coming war, and soon the very fate of the world would be in its hands.

The Treaty of Münich is signed on September 12, granting Germany control over the German parts of Czechoslovakia.

As a loyal Axis member, the Baku government feels left out of this conquest, and demands a German-Azerbaijani partition.

Hitler agrees, invading Czechoslovakia and annexing Slovakia to Azerbaijan.

Encouraged by this success, Azerbaijan sends an embassy to Japan demanding a colony in China. Once again, the senior Axis member agrees to Baku's claims, and half of Guangxi is awarded to Azerbaijan.

Concern over the rising power of Azerbaijan has caused France, Poland and the UK to declare war, and Polish troops have treacherously seized Azerbaijani Slovakia.

Denmark is also drawn into the war and conquered by Germany, unfortunately before Azerbajian can claim its rightful share.

After months of hard fighting, German troops occupy Paris and topple the French regime, annexing most of France and turning the rest into Vichy France. This time, Azerbaijan claims its rightful share.

With the world plunged into war, and Azerbaijan emerging as the true leader of the Axis powers, can it succeed in the restoration of its glorious past?

Can the Azerbaijani phoenix rise from the ashes once more?

Wiz fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Jan 11, 2014

THE LESBIATHAN
Jan 22, 2011

The name Daria was already taken.
From the ashes of defeat, rises a stronger, better Azerbaijan.

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
Yet another reason why HOI3 is poo poo.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
I wonder if Wiz is trying to prove a point to his co-workers here.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Tomn posted:

I wonder if Wiz is trying to prove a point to his co-workers here.

That HOI3 has a very well thought out wargoal system?

uPen
Jan 25, 2010

Zu Rodina!

Did someone ask you why you were converting to DH instead of HoI3 or something?

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

You know, I've always wondered what would happen if Azerbaijan acquired a Himalayan exclave. I hear Bhutan is nice.

Tomn
Aug 23, 2007

And the angel said unto him
"Stop hitting yourself. Stop hitting yourself."
But lo he could not. For the angel was hitting him with his own hands
Incidentally, it's nice of Turkey to lend us their prime minister to help with the land grabs.

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
Wow, Wiz, you're not very good at HOI3, are you? You lost Slovakia to Poland.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

Their Finest Azeri: Chapter 2 (The Winter War)

Azerbaijan continues to advance its positions in China with the annexation of Yunnan.

Poland falls and Azerbaijan is awarded Eastern Poland according to the terms of the Mürsel-Ribbentrop pact. The Azerbaijani government immediately issues plans for significant investments into the area.

Realizing that controlling its vast new territories might be a bit more difficult than anticipated, Azerbaijan issues directives to Berlin, Rome and Tokyo that Xibei San Ma and Hungary are to be placed under indirect control.

Tibet, however, is conquered directly to secure the Bhutanese front.

The Baltic is also designated as a direct conquest, with Sweden and Norway annexed to Azerbaijan.

This prompts Finland to invade Swedish Azerbaijan in what would come to be known to history as The Winter War.

The rest of the Baltic is secured by German troops even as Finland advances towards Stockholm, assisted by treacherous Swedish natives.

The conquest of the Balkans also continues unimpeded.

The Winter War takes a turn for the worse as the UK executes a naval invasion of Oslo in support of Finland, and Baku issues urgent orders to Hitler to send reinforcements.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 11, 2014

Gorgo Primus
Mar 29, 2009

We shall forge the most progressive republic ever known to man!
The USSR is sleeping I see...

Patter Song
Mar 26, 2010

Hereby it is manifest that during the time men live without a common power to keep them all in awe, they are in that condition which is called war; and such a war as is of every man against every man.
Fun Shoe
I still don't see why you aren't converting to HOI3.

NihilCredo
Jun 6, 2011

iram omni possibili modo preme:
plus una illa te diffamabit, quam multæ virtutes commendabunt

:lol: How does all of this actually work? Any random ally can say "My goal in this war is to take Timbuktu" and all the AI allies will not just push for Timbuktu but also grant them to that guy regardless of effort? Or do you have to actually send a (token) amount of troops?

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
:psyduck:How does that work? Can you just declare war on something and use the rest of the Axis as your personal attack dog?

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

:lol: How does all of this actually work? Any random ally can say "My goal in this war is to take Timbuktu" and all the AI allies will not just push for Timbuktu but also grant them to that guy regardless of effort? Or do you have to actually send a (token) amount of troops?

Any member of the alliance can add war goals and the war goals will automatically be enforced when the country in question is sufficiently occupied. I can also start wars with anyone and the rest of the Axis is forced to join, so I can literally just point at someone and go 'want' and Hitler will do all the work for me.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Rogue0071 posted:

From Patter Song's Steppe Wolfe LP.

Volmarias
Dec 31, 2002

EMAIL... THE INTERNET... SEARCH ENGINES...

Wiz posted:

Someone said "bonus content"?

Oh God what have I caused :stonklol:

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009
We have realized our true objective after all these centuries: Azerbaijan must tolerate the whole World.

TheMcD
May 4, 2013

Monaca / Subject N 2024
---------
Despair will never let you down.
Malice will never disappoint you.

Wiz posted:

Any member of the alliance can add war goals and the war goals will automatically be enforced when the country in question is sufficiently occupied. I can also start wars with anyone and the rest of the Axis is forced to join, so I can literally just point at someone and go 'want' and Hitler will do all the work for me.

I can just imagine scene of all major Axis leaders sitting in a room, with an Azeri diplomat frantically pointing at all sorts of places on a map screaming "WANT THIS WANT THAT WANT THAT TOO", and then the Axis leaders slinking away to fulfill their goals. :allears:

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
I spent the last couple of minutes laughing uncontrollably, for all that it's not that funny.

MaybeNever
Aug 6, 2013

TheMcD posted:

I can just imagine scene of all major Axis leaders sitting in a room, with an Azeri diplomat frantically pointing at all sorts of places on a map screaming "WANT THIS WANT THAT WANT THAT TOO", and then the Axis leaders slinking away to fulfill their goals. :allears:

Azerbaijan's apparently run by a cabal of 2-year-olds.

fuck off Batman
Oct 14, 2013

Yeah Yeah Yeah Yeah!

All that territory on the border with Soviet Union, does that mean that Germans and other Axis members attacking through it will then conquer it in your name?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

Azerbaijan, the international buffer state.

• Locked thread