Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sandono
Apr 9, 2009

Tolerance, we need more tolerance! Surely the Russians will not invade such a benign and worldy nation? But if they do, we must be able to tolerate it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snipee
Mar 27, 2010

Wiz posted:

They didn't get the plague. We got the plague. It's a provincial event, not a country/worldwide thing.

Well this sucks.

L-O-N
Sep 13, 2004

Pillbug

Why is Russia always an antagonist? :(

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Wiz posted:

Their current mission is: 'Attack Azerbaijan'.

We're going to be minting when the Russian hordes come. Also, I've voted for it twice already, I still think it's a good choice.

Archduke Frantz Fanon
Sep 7, 2004

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011
In light of national bank being a wasted vote, I change my vote to..

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Icecream Jones posted:

Gotta get our inflation under control
I seriously can't remember the last time I played and had only 10% inflation by 1590. Hell, sometimes I'd have that by 1490 and I'd still do well. Not to say we shouldn't care, but it's far from out of control.

Servant
Aug 3, 2010

... so you see, following that the will of the People cannot be reasonably interpreted down to the individual level, a legitimate government should operate purely through coin-flips...
Without a fundamental bill of rights protecting the rights of all Azeris, we will remain prey to the vagaries of unjust bureaucrats and monarchs who conveniently "forget" the rights that we are all guaranteed. If, God forbid, we get another King who is anti-Tolerance, then this bill of rights will mitigate the damage.

If passing this Bill of Rights means we must get nibbled on, then we must tolerate that nibbling. :colbert:

EDIT: Previously voted B, now is voting A.

Servant fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Oct 12, 2011

Hafl
Mar 17, 2009

Why yes, I am a crazy cat lady.

We're tolerating the people, not giving them rights.

thsgrn
May 6, 2007

I believe that giving power to the Shura is going to backfire in wonderful Hohenstyle fashion, while a Bill of Rights, well.

Even if A is the option for survival now, we'll ... figure something out, I'm sure.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Veloxyll posted:

The conflict with Russia is currently merely one of words. With a full Cabaret we can ensure that it does not become anything more.

I propose the commission of an experimental Azeri Ballet to investigate any potential support for a full Cabaret.

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011
The situation in this Shura is unacceptable. Its time like-minded people started working together to pass legislation that will actually help Azerbaijan and put a stop to the LIEberal agenda.

I am now starting the Azerbaijani Tory party! Join me, brothers, in glorious fiscal conservatism.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Voting A because we need a bunch of allies.

Proposition Joe
Oct 8, 2010

He was a good man

Azerbaijan needs ministers.

Charlie72
Apr 21, 2010

If we can out tolerate the Armenians, we can out tolerate the gently caress out of the Russians.

logger
Jun 28, 2008

...and in what manner the Ancyent Marinere came back to his own Country.
Soiled Meat
So how are the Polish armies doing right now, are they up for defending their favorite Muslim ally from a rampaging bear?

For now I vote for the Bill of Rights, but if looks like our relations with allied nations are low I might change my vote.

seal it with a kiss
Sep 14, 2007

:3
so we can afford paying for all of the coffins for all the brave men about to die for us on the Crimean peninsula.

Mitama
Feb 28, 2011

MadPierrot
Nov 4, 2009

we are all dead men on leave

We live in troubling times. The erosion of the natural order is at hand; entropy reigns across the earth.
We face an era of unchecked expansion- expansion by autocrats and warmongers like Russia, Armenia, and Burgundy. As Azerbaijan grows, so the states of Europe and America are partitioned between empires whose hunger for land and gold exceeds the limits of human reason.
We stand now a nation at the crossroads between Europe and Asia, East and West- Christian and Muslim. Indeed, between empires. If there is a time for the council- for popular effort- it is now. We need a council to outweigh the vanities and vagaries that monarchy can bring- we need this so we can stand apart from the tyrants who would shape the world in their own image of violence and misery.

BulletHole
Aug 20, 2003
"I own this fat j-bag, oh yes i do." Sehnsucht

We'll have so much freedom not even Russia can take it all.

Garenas
Sep 12, 2006

Nice Joystick

Also, tons of B votes? At a time like this?

We can't be a shining bastion of progressive government if a less progressive government kills us where we stand.

So this is how Azerbaijan dies. With cheers of tolerance and equality.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

Cause if this passes I can order Wiz to invade Quebec and by god, he'll have to do it

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

gently caress the Shura.

theblastizard
Nov 5, 2009

Also we're boned.

Veryslightlymad
Jun 3, 2007

I fight with
my brain
and with an
underlying
hatred of the
Erebonian
Noble Faction

Our glorious leader is obviously smarter than the entire Shura together, so A is out, and I have a hard time believing he'd even propose option B to the Shura, and refuse to acknowledge it as a choice. Let us strengthen our economic power and put this new gold to the best use: Making MORE GOLD.

Herr Tog
Jun 18, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Whizbang posted:

gently caress the Shura.

Long live the Sultan! Death to the Republic.

Viscardus
Jun 1, 2011

Thus equipped by fortune, physique, and character, he was naturally indomitable, and subordinate to no one in the world.

As much as I want Bill of Rights, I feel like this is more in keeping with the recent events in Azerbaijan. Hopefully there will be some reason to implement a Bill of Rights later on.

Aisar
Mar 20, 2006

Don't look at the Batman. The Batman will steal your soul.

Russia will be incredibly intimidated by how tolerant we are and will have no choice but to give up any martial conflict.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Changing my vote since I now see it has a chance.

Hyord
Aug 24, 2011
Gentlemen, C is lost. Switch your votes to A to crush the liberal agenda.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

DETONATE THE TOLERANCE BOMB!!

Brutus Salad
Nov 8, 2009

Best buddies forever! :3:

Oh hells yeah, this is the best kind of tolerance!

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Maximum tolerance, always.

the JJ
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah, basically.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Liberals, please. I know what you desire, tolerance, and in the past I have supported your ideals. But think about this, by voting for a Cabinet we will have far more influence on Azerbaijani policy. You want a Bill of Rights? With a strengthened position we can push through a Bill of Rights and more. We can spread the word of tolerance far and wide, we just need to have power.

This is an airtight plan and can not go wrong in any possible way :colbert:

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Giving rights to our citizens will only make the Russians see us as too weak to properly enforce our will on the world, and diplomacy will not save us now that the Russian Bear seems to stir into wakefulness. A strong economy will bring us a strong military. National Bank is the only possible choice.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

Broken Box
Jan 29, 2009

Viscardus posted:

As much as I want Bill of Rights, I feel like this is more in keeping with the recent events in Azerbaijan. Hopefully there will be some reason to implement a Bill of Rights later on.

Exactly how I feel on the subject.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009

Tolerance or bust

• Locked thread