Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Allyn
Sep 4, 2007

I love Charlie from Busted!
I actually started porting this over myself at one point, got about 60 provinces in before losing the will to live. And this was before the AoW map expansion :stare: so kudos and thanks, Wiz :)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
Alright, so all of the flags in the mod are very very blurry because EU4 doubled the size of flags (128x128 versus EU3's 64x64). Some still look alright, it's the more detailed ones that suffer the most.

Therefore Wiz has commanded me to :siren:start flagchat:siren: again. Go hogwild, thread.

I went ahead and updated these:
Anjou (Couldn't find the exact same graphic)
England
Batavian Order
Thessalonica
Order of Santiago
Italy
Khwarizm
Cherson
Estonia
Tolerance Wolf

Frionnel fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jan 3, 2015

ZearothK
Aug 25, 2008

I've lost twice, I've failed twice and I've gotten two dishonorable mentions within 7 weeks. But I keep coming back. I am The Trooper!

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Just double the size and press "sharpen" furiously until satisfied.

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Was Brittany meant to be the junior partner of the PU with Meath? I seem to recall it being the other way around in EU3, but I could just be misremembering.

Also Old Prussia being able to form Germany is amusing. Maybe I should try that.

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011
I have a couple of flags from the mod I'm working on that are higher-res versions of EUIII+ flags:

Zhen China (apologies for the border, it doesn't show up in most cases aside from on the map)

Crimea

Transoxania / Samarkand

Wallonia

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Wiz posted:

Don't say that or I'll start charging. :v:

You know it would actually be a great way to make money for paradox to release for maybe :10bux: a alternative scenarios version with different scenarios of various plausibilities.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Crowsbeak posted:

You know it would actually be a great way to make money for paradox to release for maybe :10bux: a alternative scenarios version with different scenarios of various plausibilities.

That would be fantastic. I like well-done alternate scenario mods, but they're so rare. Some official ones would be great.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Pakled posted:

That would be fantastic. I like well-done alternate scenario mods, but they're so rare. Some official ones would be great.

Well the converter+SI does kind of provide a cool one which is an official alternate universe which I myself find kind of cool. I've been pondering on doing a WC as the Fox Confederacy of the Great Lakes and fight against the humongous Aztec Empire.

Would need some fleshing out with flavor events for the High American tech group though I guess. You know.... since you can't get the "What does the Fox say" event since there are no migration tribes.

*Groogy uses horrible Easter Egg Pun on Wiz*
*Its Super Effective*

Groogy fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Jan 3, 2015

QuoProQuid
Jan 12, 2012

Tr*ckin' and F*ckin' all the way to tha
T O P

I would seriously pay money for a pack of alternate scenarios for EU4 and Victoria. Even if it was just Paradox just using popular LPs of Crusader Kings II as a jumping ground, it would be worthwhile to have professionally done settings with reworked events and ideas.

Then again, I'm the same person that would kill for a War of the Worlds expansion to Victoria II in line with Sunset Invasion so that might just be me.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

QuoProQuid posted:

Then again, I'm the same person that would kill for a War of the Worlds expansion to Victoria II in line with Sunset Invasion so that might just be me.

Promote it to Podcat, say its T-Rex Aliens invading and Earth's only hope is the Polar bears of Jan Mayen. He'll be sold the moment you mention T-Rex.

DivineCoffeeBinge
Mar 3, 2011

Spider-Man's Amazing Construction Company

Groogy posted:

Promote it to Podcat, say its T-Rex Aliens invading and Earth's only hope is the Polar bears of Jan Mayen. He'll be sold the moment you mention T-Rex.

I want to see a follow-up to Sunset Invasion where the Polar Bears of Jan Mayen encounter/gain control of Lovecraftian Horrors. Possibly after Cthulhu was rammed by some Viking's boat for the fourth time and is pissed about it. Then you get a Northern Horde of Lovecraftian Bear-Mongols and everyone dies

Ghetto Prince
Sep 11, 2010

got to be mellow, y'all
Oh hell yes, Victoria 2 would really benefit from different scenarios.

Wiz
May 16, 2004

Nap Ghost
Thanks guys! The ones that still have resized blurry flags are Valois, Rhodes, Osel, Nassau, Meath, Jamilids, and Ikko-Ikki.

EDIT: Updated.

Wiz fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Jan 3, 2015

Frionnel
May 7, 2010

Friends are what make testing worth it.
I edited my post with Santiago, Italy and Cherson, but i'm having a hard time finding the correct images for the rest

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

Pakled posted:

Like go a maybe have one or two reflect sunset invasions, another with no Golder Horde so a stronger Islam, and Kiev. Maybe have one where Pagans dominate northern Europe and Charlemagne never succeeded, while Manicheanism dominates everything east of the Euphrates. Also maybe have one or two (mid poitn mods) with Asian dominated California or Peru, plus maybe Burgundy in place of France, of course the Flagship of this pack should be Azerimod. Also a similar one for Vicky 2 would be great, although what I would really love would be if HOI4 is sucessful would be a pack to eventually be released for that.

vanity slug
Jul 20, 2010

How's the conversion going, and how stoked are you for the next release of DH coming soon?

Spiderfist Island
Feb 19, 2011

Wiz posted:

Thanks guys! The ones that still have resized blurry flags are Valois, Rhodes, Osel, Nassau, Meath, Jamilids, and Ikko-Ikki.

EDIT: Updated.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to find direct reproductions of the other flags, but here's some attempts at filling in the list.

Meath: This uses the actual CoA for the Meath region.

Nassau: the original is almost 100% the same as Nevers's flag in EUIV, so I used a different lion rampant.

Jamilids: I simplified and cleaned the design a bit since I couldn't find the original mosaic used in the EUIII version.

Ikko–Ikki: this is the family crest of the founder of the Jodo-Shinsu Buddhist sect. The blue field is a callback to Republican Japan's flag in the Victoria 2 section of the LP.

I also noticed when I tried to test out some of the other flags posted here that the dimensions used are a bit too large to fully display the design, since the edges of the shields and navy flag cut off around 16 px from the edges in most cases. If that's a problem, then here are some rejiggered flag dimensions:

Italy

The most generic England possible

Azerbaijan

Also, is anyone else getting mystic death runes on the map when they boot up the game?

GenderSelectScreen
Mar 7, 2010

I DON'T KNOW EITHER DON'T ASK ME
College Slice

Spiderfist Island posted:

Also, is anyone else getting mystic death runes on the map when they boot up the game?

Are you sure you didn't load up ZerothK's mod? :cthulhu:

MatildaTheHun
Aug 31, 2011

here's the thing donovan, I'm always hungry
Steppe Alien

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Spiderfist Island posted:

Running Linux or Mac with Intel integrated Graphics? I kinda recognize that bug from there.

• Locked thread