Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Wiz posted:

convert to V1 instead.

I never thought I'd see Ricky rise from the ashes again like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Wiz posted:

eu engine flags. sigh

Try asking the denizens of this thread for help, I think they will be happy to do so :)

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Wiz posted:

I've already reworked large parts of the core game, mainly the economy, national focuses and colonization. I'll go more into detail on those a bit after I finish the map conversion.

Are you using the Victoria 2 A House Divided expansion? Maybe I'll have to pick that up.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

vyelkin posted:

Aw hell yeah. Wiz's LP came back and I found out about EU4 in the same day. Great news.

Cities in Motion 2 was also announced by Paradox today. Which is a natural place for Wiz to transition after HoI4 in 2013, right?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Spiderfist Island posted:

The flag of Monterrey, CA, which was the capital of the Alta California province when it was still a part of Mexico. It would be good for a California flag that doesn't involve the bear, or a monarchical flag.

Consider the Santa Barbara flag if you want something decidedly less Jamaican: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_Santa_Barbara,_California

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I wonder if alt-timeline New England would have built the Erie Canal given that Chicago and points west would be owned by an entirely different country whose landlocked nature wouldn't be all that consequential to New Englanders.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I made some Cascadian flags:

Communist:

Reactionary:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

DarkCrawler posted:

Speaking of which, I finally completed the history of Russian Rulers (and Russia) that Servant asked me to make out of the names of the rulers from Wiz's save file.

http://www.imgnook.com/suUYMo.jpg :nws: (Big file) :nws:

As can be told from the size I had a lot of fun writing it and imagining how things could have went, especially with Revolutionary Russia.

Liberty Leading the Russians made me cringe.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

FadingChord posted:

More to the point, what flags do we still need? I'll probably have a bit more downtime over the next few days to crank out a few more.

You're the second person to post this on the page and I suspect a Wiki might be useful here. A Wiki of flags. For this LP. :psyduck:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
I see the Persua joke is dead.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Personally I would prefer coat-of-arms-chat.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Holy poo poo, an actual content and story update. Thanks Wiz!

How many months 'til the next?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Wiz posted:

I really can't say right now. Ask me next year.

Honestly, sounds like a perfect time to start LPing SimCity or Farming Simulator. Blow off steam with totally different games!

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Catching up with the general Paradox thread and just saw this post:

Wiz posted:

I wish Paradox would just let me write their AI.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3472418&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=23#post401898386

:tinfoil:

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Sweet. Modern Times or vanilla?

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

Wiz posted:

I will be doing some settings tweaks to increase difficulty.

China Development Aid: now an annual effect

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Poor Spain has to take London? Jeez.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Azerbaijan is dead. Long live Azerbaijan.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

my dad posted:

Hey, that's not fair. They were supposed to be watching Eurovision while we overrun their positions. :saddowns:

I think Azerbaijan had as much chance of winning as Wigan does of staying up.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

You're just going to go and get Wiz banned from the forums.

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee
Since Australia is a Spanish overseas possession, perhaps it could look to a real-life ex-Spanish colony for flag inspiration...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mandalay
Mar 16, 2007

WoW Forums Refugee

WhitemageofDOOM posted:

Really it boils down to the lack of internal management sim in paradox games.
Regardless of it's rulers gross incompetence, China's efforts were all focused internally and it was huge and rich enough not to feel the need to really conquer or trade, and paradox games never allow the player to be in that mindset you are always looking outward to get more stuff rather than viewing stuff as a means to internal ends.

I think the game is better without a complex internal management sim; I can't think of any examples where running a country has been fun in a video game.

• Locked thread