Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

loquacius posted:

So what you guys are saying is that the Mongols were a protection racket. "Nice cathedral you guys built here. It'd be a shame if something were to... HAPPEN to it."

I think it went more like "Do anything funny and we're burning your cathedral to the ground... with all of you inside... after raping you of course."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Genghis Khan making Asia his bitch is certainly impressive, but I also found it impressive how his offspring managed to keep things going as long as they did before trouble started brewing even after his death.

BlackJosh posted:

Honestly, it's more like if the plains indians all colluded together and conquered the Europeans settlers and settled natives in America.

So you mean something like this? :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm rooting for Azerbaijin to have to lay low in Egypt or wherever and be forced to wait until EU3 to try and retake the home land.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I might actually try that in a DW game depending on how simple it is to set up.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Will France still have cores on all its requisite provinces? And if so, will countries be able to form it independent of the HRE (if you go that route that is)?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Given Italy's already-united status, will they be given impetus to become a colonial power ala Castille, England, Portgual, etc? Or are they going to zero in on the Pope only?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Also please tell me you have the ability to fix Japan because seriously Paradox what the hell.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

theblastizard posted:

I like staying as a Shogun controlling all of Japan while cursing the Catholic Church for not trying to convert me so I could go on a Crusade through China.

I love how there's little impetus for you to ever unify Japan at all once you become shogun because you can just declare war on everyone at will and take whatever land you wanted and there isn't a drat thing anyone can do about it after the fact.

But no seriously, I hope Japan's gameplay is made sane again.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Actually, what exactly were you going to do with Golden Horde? Are they still going to have all the horde modifiers and breakup events that go with it?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

An alien UFO crash lands into a humble Cherokee village, assimilates the culture of the locals and, unable to get home, instead conquer most of the northern Americas and form their own country. The europeans will be in for quite a surprise when they make their way over this century!

Okay, jokes aside, I'm just hoping for America to be shaken up a bit and made more interesting beyond being European cannon fodder.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wiz posted:

I'll be running a lot of hands-off games to test out my AI modules, colonization etc so ultimately I'd end up finding out what you had made before doing the actual playthrough. It's a cool idea but the hands-on modding approach I do makes it kind of impractical.

How do you go about running a hands-off game anyhow? I mean, I could always play as Japan I guess but then I don't see anything that's going on outside of East Asia until halfway through the game. Maybe I'm just weird for being interested in just letting the AI do it's thing without actually trying to play the game :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Garenas posted:

Console command to remove hidden lands/fog of war.

I thought those commands were only province/country-specific.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Pacho posted:

Can unified Japan colonize Oceania or SE Asia? Im not really familiar with EU and I don't know if a non western country has to westernize before being able to colonize other places

Any country in the game can colonize. The limiting factors are A)colonial range, which is dependent on Naval tech level and B) actually having colonists to send, which requires either a coastal COT, a Christian religion, or the 'Quest for the New World' National Idea.

Given that Kyoto isn't coastal, Japan isn't Christian, and as far as I know their AI won't pick QFTNW over other ideas, straight colonization seems unlikely.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wiz posted:

I've rewritten colonization. The answer is "yes, but they need 20 naval tech to start getting colonists", so they can colonize in the later game.

Well then scratch everything I said :v:

And yeah, it's Colonial Ventures, my mistake.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Not even EU3 can prevent Azerbaijan from getting continually kicked in the nuts.

In 50 years we'll probably end up in India or something.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Every update just makes me more anxious to play this mod.

Is there anything of value remaining with the GH or will you just let Muscowny swallow them up for good?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wait did Cherokee manage to take a province from Britain? Or did it just defect?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Me and my army of 2000 men will take over the throne of Wiz by force!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wiz doesn't need to work on Paradox games. He just needs to make his own games in the genre!

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

What tech levels are Cherokee at now anyhow?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I dunno, I'm intentionally playing an Imperial megablob in my current miscmods game and it's incredibly satisfying in how easily I crush everything in my way.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I love how the best answer to owning everything is 'kill everything in the way indiscriminately'

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Cynic Jester posted:

Please. PUs aren't broken at all. Getting cores on the same culture isn't rigged at all.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/cjester/screenshot/630730047459331448

70% or so of that is cored.

"Oh come on, that's not much of a blob at al--"

*1413*

:stare:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'd actually be quite interested in seeing how quickly you could WC EU3, but for now watching you smack 12th Centure Europe around is pretty fun.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Who needs religious variation anyway? Paganism for everyone! :catholic:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

This is the best direction this LP could have gone in.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Burak is a badass and he knows it. When you smell blood in the water...

Going toe-to-toe against Russia seems like a pretty good endgame for the EU3 phase. I wonder if Europe will end up getting more involved.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

When trying to go for a badass army is it better to jack up morale or discipline? That's one element of the game I never quite grasped in all my playthroughs.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

nimby posted:

The absolute best is a tech advantage. It's always fun to see a fight between the Netherlands and France where your 15k Dutch musket troops are making the 30k French men at arms evaporate.

Westernizing as a backwater asian country is so amazingly broken and hilarious that I can never not do it.

Routing 40k Chinese doomstacks with 2cav/5inf stacks never gets old.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Looks like it won't be long now until we see Japan unified.

Espanya, France, and Italy are just one big blob of :stare: in Europe, aren't they.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Revolutionary Germany is awesome and all of Europe is awesome.

I don't know if it was the modding or just dumb luck, but the development of Russia is quite remarkable. The AI usually just croaks when having to handle land of that size and scope but instead it managed to actually parlay its advantages into becoming a military/economic superpower.

It's almost as if... Russia was actually player-controlled. :tinfoil:

Cowcatcher posted:

I think it's actually the Empire of Mann

So if Samiland fought Mann would it be considered a war or a duel?

It'd be more like two five-year olds arguing which one of their dads would win in a fight :v:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Revolutionary Russia hahahahahaha Azerbaijin is so screwed :suicide:

Vicky 2 looks like it's going to be amazing under this setup.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Yay this LP is back (soon).

Looking forward to seeing what you've done with Victoria 2. I don't think it's a bad game system really, it's just not very engaging to play as is. Lots of autopiloting and such. Does the expansion improve on this any?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Real history is boring, I'm only interesting in fake vague pseudohistory in this thread :colbert:

But no, as circular as this whole discussion has been, it's still better than flag chat.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wizardo de Paradox de Pytheid de la Creta

Born in Purple

Heir Apparent

If it's incompetence we want then it's incompetence we're going to get.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

How moddable is the game? Could Wiz potentially alter the modifiers to each faction or even add new ones if he wishes?

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'll join whatever party is dedicated to turning El Presidente's land into the trashiest, most exploitative and terrible tourist trap the world has ever seen.

Bahamas? What Bahamas? :colbert:

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

I'm still amazed at how Russia turned out with nothing but the AI doing their thing.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

"Oh hey a crisis war to release some rump state, Russia continues eating everything, Britain actually loses in V2 for once. Interesting stuff--"

*Suddenly Kingdom of America*

:stare: :gonk: :D

I don't know what's happening anymore but whatever it is it's pure gold. Whenever you release this mod forming the KoA and bringing Cherokee and Mexico to their knees will be my first priority :black101:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

YeOldeButchere posted:

The king of America better enjoy the half-decade he's got left, because soon it'll be time for His Imperial Majesty Norton I, Emperor of America, Protector of Mexico, to take his rightful place on the throne.

America is united as an empire, several kings and princes successfully lobby for self-governed jurisdiction over their own provinces while recognizing the sovereignty of the Emperor, and late 1800's America becomes the 19th/20th Century HRE :allears:

• Locked thread