Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Looking forward to reading it, Wiz.

And good call on reducing audience participation. Reading the Crete LP was fun, but the continual, sophistical, circular arguments in the Senate must've been a lot more fun to participate in than they were to read.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Frionnel posted:

So i take it that Sniper is the Vizier or something?

Captain of the eunuchs who guard the Royal Harem.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

Loyalty of lords starts at 100, but can quickly deteriorate depending on personal traits, sovereign's skills, reputation etc. Appointing new counts should somewhat reduce the horrendous reputation Azerbaijan has, so hopefully they won't become a threat immediately.

Wiz already foreshadowed his death. This sultan is bred for war, peace will be the death of him.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Wiz posted:

I already did. This is our reputation AFTER handing out titles.

Oh crap. Well... I suppose that the King might have a "hunting accident" and leave the whole mess to his blameless son.

Speaking of which, how many kids does this guy have? If it's just the one, having him pull a General Patton might be the best route for everyone.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

steinrokkan posted:

I'm afraid that if the king dies, we can look forward to getting the Realm duress event or some other form of civil war / secession chain. Besides, most of the remaining reputation would be inherited.

Then I guess we're down to Plan B, "Punch everyone until they shut the hell up".

It's a good plan. It's simple, elegant, and leaves nothing behind but the sweet scent of Brut.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Dibujante posted:

Actually, European diseases killed more Ashanti soldiers than local diseases killed European soldiers :ssh:

Those diseases were ridiculously devastating to the natives of the New World, upwards of 90% of the population of the Americas was totally wiped out.

Edit: If that's modeled in-game, then the idea of actually playing a New World nation would be pretty sad. Unite North America under a massive tribal hegemony, see it destroyed by one Spanish sailor with a cough.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 16:38 on Sep 16, 2011

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
C.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

zeek40 posted:

The King of Mann will conquer Lesbos and update his coat of arms.

I dare you to find a coat of arms with more legs.

e: King, not Kind

I usually just lurk these threads, but this deserves special attention. Hilarious!

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Mrit posted:

Crete was infighting and complaining and the gooniest goons that ever existed rolled into one annoying package. Even Wiz's excellent storytelling abilities weren't able to keep my interest over all the white noise.

Edit: But for content(and spelling corrections), I love this LP, and I'm excited to play the eventual Wizmod 2.0.

As someone who came to the thread late the biggest complaint that I had about Crete was that for a newcomer all of that text was both intimidating and nearly impossible to catch up with. That said, some of the stuff there was really funny, and watching the senators convince themselves that such a pants-on-head retarded idea like the infamous "WALLS ARE USELESS!!!" law was hilarious. And the mythos that built up around a group of childish, forever pointlessly bickering immortals was really great.

So I don't mind a little RPing on this thread, especially since Wiz is handling most of the major decisions and there's not really a chance for us to go full-Crete.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

NihilCredo posted:

No, the absolute ugliest Nordic cross is the flag of Bornholm (a Danish isle). I would call it an eyesore, but I feel the equivalent Italian idiom "a punch in the eye" is more fitting:

Fortunately, at least according to Wikipedia, there exists an alternate version with a white border around the cross that avoids the puke-inducing clash.

Yeah, that's a color scheme that'd be hard to take when you have a hangover.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cowcatcher posted:

I want to post links to this thread on both Azeri and Armenian subforums of Stormfront

just to liven up the discussion while we wait

Now there's an effective threat. The only thing that could be worse is if we somehow got a bunch of ultra-nationalists from the Balkans to discuss history.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost
Oh God. We're talking about Stormfront. :psyduck:

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Rejected Fate posted:

This... this would be a really cool thing.

How was the Native American population at this time? I don't know too much about early American history.

We'd more or less wiped them out or confined them to Indian Reservations by that time. It's a sad, shameful story.

Edit: Or more like 30-50 years from game date. There are still quite a few loose tribes and confederations of American Indians out there in 1800, but the really big European immigration boom kicks off in the first half of the 19th Century with another boom after the American Civil War (1865).

It doesn't go well for the native tribes.

Zeroisanumber fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Jan 27, 2012

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Cycloneman posted:

By 1800? Nah. White folks had barely set foot in Kansas, for example.

I fast-forwarded to that sonofabitch Jackson in my head when I thought of the early-19th Century and American Indians.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

TildeATH posted:

Both presidents in Grey Hunter's civil war LP got ponied.

Maybe MLP fans are worked up because they don't know what LP stands for...

I'm honestly kinda surprised that Grey Hunter hasn't gotten a giant :argh: as his avatar after all this time.

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

Gorgo Primus posted:

Ires was not Aeris; she was the Goddess of Democracy and the only God worth a drat in the Greek Pantheon. :colbert:

Dionysus, god of wine and hard partying. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

SlothfulCobra posted:

Ian McKellan as Sniper4625
Christopher Lee as Gorgo Primus
Charlie Sheen as The Saurus

Chewbacca as Phillip Helladid.

• Locked thread