Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

There be corundium up in them thar asteroids!!!
Did you fix the whole outsiders can't take over japan thing with regards to the shogunate or is that hard-coded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Well its not as if you can't create one there it just doesn't get one for free. Certainly the English CoT will have enough trade value to let someone playing Iceland create there own. Also, even if it takes a while for the English CoT to get going, unless Iceland starts as some kind of republic you can't switch to merchant republic until you have access to noble republic at tech 10, so it'll be a ways into the game before you can do that anyway.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Wiz, are the emperor bonuses the same?

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Well the AI tends to be pretty bad at dealing with natives you could always just up the native traits.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Yeah but unlike the Americas, African cultures were subjugated rather than exterminated.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

While I am also interested in wiz mod, I'm really eager to see where the azeri lp goes as well!

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

B because we have a couple heathen provinces already and we might get more out of this war.

General Antares fucked around with this message at 22:54 on Sep 22, 2011

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

I don't see my name in for B the image y'all are using is a broken link for me :(

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Keep in mind with vicky 2, wiz isn't playing just the base game so being a regional backwater would hopefully be not as boring as it is currently after all the tweaking he'll do.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

I vote A
because it seems like most of our military problems stem from a lack of manpower, force limits and tech and this goes towards fixing that.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Well it'd be really boring if all you saw in the thread for 24 hours was I vote x a million times :)

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

A for government type and C for idea to try and counteract the fort penalties from offensive and to lower build costs.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

I think date winning might be more interesting because, as a previous poster mentioned, they'd have to deal with the backlash from taking away peasant and merchant rights. Bloody revolutions tend to swing the pendulum further to the left than a gradually evolving republic would go.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Nah! If it were us we'd have a bunch of decisions about the definition of a pitched battle or a resolution to ally with the qurigar because there flag is cool. :)

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

We'll need the boost to our diplomacy and although I like the concept of having a bill of rights the particular bonuses it gives aren't that important to us right now.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Wiz posted:

Mughals weren't alliance leader, that was the thing. Qurighar was.

That's one of my major gripes with eu3. When you peace out with someone your vassals and junior partners should too.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

I have a thread related question: how hard is it to convert from ck to eu3 anyway (as in difficult not just time consuming, which it obviously is.)

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Kainser posted:

Now do a EU3 world conquest as Bar.

e; Or Chimu.

Nah its got to be Ryukyu. :v:

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

This option will have the most benefit to us right now.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

If you can afford to make an enemy of who controls it you can always just embargo the cot owner.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Somehow I doubt wiz will go through the trouble of converting only to get annexed in the first few years of vicky.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Congratulations Wiz!

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

El Deadpool Best. Idea. Ever.

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

BBB I'm worried if we go too far too fast we'll end up balkanizing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

General Antares
Sep 5, 2011

Clearly the takeaway from this is that all of the grand strategy games should have a save converter! (although vicky to hoi probably will always have to be done the hard way)

• Locked thread