Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Please sir, may I have some more?

Wiz posted:

There isn't really a HRE right now, the King of Germany would be claiming the title but everything's kind of a mess.

The Bubonic plague modifier hitting us means that the world just got hit by the Black Death. You figure out the implications.

Crusader Kings: The Darkest Ages.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Wiz posted:

Nope. I pick.

Thank goodness.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Wiz posted:

Electors: Bohemia, Franconia, Brunswick, Valois, Nevers, Mainz, Trier

How did you decide who the electors would be?

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Voting B because if there's something I've learned from Wiz LPs, it's that he doesn't just use the direct outcome of the vote- it influences how he plays the game. And I want to see a super-progressive Azerbaijan.

Also, National Bank would make it too easy. Blobs are boring.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Kainser posted:

Look at the inflation! We need that bank :ohdear:

That's like, barely any inflation. Call me when it gets above 10% in, at this rate, 80-100 years.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

MadPierrot posted:

I think most people voted for Humanist Tolerance because it was a refreshing change of pace from dull powergaming and/or Islamic Fascist Mordor. I highly doubt anyone actually thought that it would make us best friends with Armenia or the Greek states.

Exactly this. If you're playing EU3 to win, you're doing it wrong.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Voting A for Administrative Monarchy
and C for Corps of Engineers.

Honestly, I like all of the ideas but I think we could use the defensive bonus most right now, since we have so few heretics to tolerate and our inflation is relatively low. However, anyone voting for Despotic Monarchy is a Persuan spy.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

I'm happy with either A or B winning, though.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

I think that both Cabinet and Bill of Rights are nice steps along the path to codified, representative, stable, and open government. I'm not saying that they represent Azerbaijan becoming Sweden in the 17th century or anything, just that they're steps in the right direction.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Sil posted:

Christianity and marxism both have a notion of a history working towards a goal, that goal being a utopian paradise. They both have very strong definitions of good and evil. That being said I think it is the mode that they were employed historically(ie. tools to justify all kinds of policies) that makes people draw attention to them as similar.

That's almost a meaningless comparison; all ideology has been used to justify horrible things. There are tragedies every day in the United States in the name of the free market.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

B is the Best choice; sixteen inflation is still not that high, and I'm sure we can get it down without National Bank. Also, like Tomn said, I think this should influence the Sultan towards a better direction for the Azeri economy. Smithian Economics will help us develop a mercantile class, which will pay off in Dividends of Freedom & Prosperity & Development & Modernity.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

LordBaxter posted:

Vetting might be nice to take from a story perspective because we seem to get a lot of corruption-related events, which I'm assuming wiz has tied to whether a country has vetting or not.

Wiz's flavor text for vetting made it sound like it takes down an authoritarian path, too.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Out of curiosity, Wiz: how has Ikko-Ikki changed since the start? In terms of sliders, NIs, and tech, how would you characterize their society at this point? I'm really intrigued by the idea of a peasant/religious rebellion establishing a stable and successful government and how it would evolve over hundreds of years of expansion against the more traditional daiymos. Speaking of, how does Date fit into the whole shogun/daiymo/emperor scheme? Has that basically collapsed?

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Snipee posted:

I just realized how volatile and unstable our country is.

Anyways, can someone explain to me why the US ended up as a "melting pot" when other multiethnic countries didn't? This is a bit of a derail, but I am curious if it applies at all to Azerbaijan.

The whole "melting pot" narrative is basically bullshit that was made up to mask white cultural hegemony in the US.

EDIT: \/\/\/ Oh yeah, and genocide.

Anyways, yeah, this is all incredibly speculative and not particularly germane to Azerbaijan's current problems. Just because we start Victoria doesn't mean lands that have been Azeri for generations will suddenly erupt in violence. Let's focus on consolidating our control over our new Anatolian lands, conquering Adana, and developing our economy and infrastructure.

Slow Loris fucked around with this message at 01:41 on Jan 11, 2012

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Dibujante posted:

I don't know what caused the most recent wave of tolerance and I'm not going to guess, because I really don't know ;)

WASPs and Irish etc. united in their hatred of black people.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Dibujante posted:

Yeah there's some theory work out there to claim that Woodrow Wilson united the North and South by throwing Blacks under the bus, and that the Blacks ended up turning into the scapegoat for "naturalizing" all European immigrants.

Rich/powerful whites (often WASPs) have been using the fear of African Americans to curry favor with poor/marginalized whites (especially the Irish, Scotch/Irish) since before the American Revolution, and continue to do so today.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

I don't think I've ever been this happy about a world at the end of EU3. Republics everywhere (Republic of Japan!), maximum tolerance, strong powers in East Asia, the Middle East, and the New World, an independent Cascadia, and nicely divergent colonization.

With the Italians in Brazil, Africa, and India, they are going to have the best food in the world.

Slow Loris fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Jan 30, 2012

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Victoria 2: Peyote is the Light

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Leperflesh posted:

It start out sounding like a lovely fantasy novel, but when you get to the "Pigeon" part, it ends up sounding like a parody of a lovely fantasy novel, a la Bored of the Rings.

e. Actually that's a bad example because it's a parody of a good fantasy novel, but you know what I meant.

It sounds like a lovely parody of a fantasy novel.

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Is that a British outpost in Louisiana?

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Remind me- what are Missouri's origins? Was it a British colony?

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

Fister Roboto posted:

The Ninth Circle of Hell.

Hahaha, true.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slow Loris
Nov 7, 2005

A Buttery Pastry posted:

It is. As for more populated by Norwegians, it's probably hard to say. During this period, the difference between a Dane and a Norwegian was pretty drat small, at least in regards to people from southern Norway. Only reason they didn't stay with Denmark after 1814 was because the great powers simply wouldn't let them.Either way, the Inuit were a much larger group than the Dano-Norwegians.

Yeah, in a way, the Dano-Norwegian "conquest" of Greenland was really just taking back the land that their ancestors had lost to the Inuit. Not that that is a particularly great excuse hundreds of years later, especially not when the Norse Greenlanders might have died out without "assistance" from the Inuit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TkV-of_eN2w&t=37s

• Locked thread