Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
I'm glad I stopped following the ARG/Super8 thread in CD long before I saw the movie. I loved the movie - as much as I loved ET, Cloverfield, Close Encounters and War of the Worlds '05 (fucktons).

While watching the movie, I didn't catch any plot holes, didn't think the adult acting was shabby, never stopped to consider the alien's motivation or thought process behind who he attacked or who he patiently listened to. Why? Because the drat movie was fun as gently caress.

If the movie put more effort into trying to be a serious flick instead of Young Indiana Jones Meets The Alien, the plot holes and odd monster logic probably would bug me. But the movie isn't that. It's like the Goonies - that action level of "hey wait that made no sense/WATCH OUT THERE'S A TANK ABOUT TO BLOW UP!"

So there. The action, the shockers, the monster and the kids acting were able to completely hide any flaws I would have with a monster alien movie. Cloverfield tried to be serious and make lots of sense of it all, and came pretty close. This movie was not trying to be serious, which made it easy to suspend disbelief.

5/5 because just drat.

magnificent7 fucked around with this message at 18:37 on Jan 27, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU