Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

moondust
Feb 3, 2011

Mo' Problems

Revener posted:

Well, my password hasn't been working in minecraft for a month, but my hotmail account refuses to receive any e-mails for resetting it (hotmail), any idea what I should do? Mojang hasn't responded to the e-mail I sent them about it.

You are positive that it is the correct email? Have you been checking the poo poo out of your spam and trash folders? Is it possible at all that you misspelled the email address in your registration?

If yes/yes/no, then I donno. Spam Mojang more.

They get a lot of emails every day and the majority of them get skimmed over or skipped. This is the reason that they are contracting a customer service company and just outsourcing it.

Anyways, bad luck. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
I'm going to Minecon dressed as a lawsuit from Bethesda. Or maybe dressed as a youtube video of a sperg mining cobble for 10 minutes whilst mumbling about random poo poo in an attempt to become the next big youtube minecraft "personality".

John Liver
May 4, 2009

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I'm going to Minecon dressed as a lawsuit from Bethesda. Or maybe dressed as a youtube video of a sperg mining cobble for 10 minutes whilst mumbling about random poo poo in an attempt to become the next big youtube minecraft "personality".

You might also consider stuffing your bra and dyeing your hair pink, that way you can cover all the bases.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

JohnDonovanLiver posted:

You might also consider stuffing your bra and dyeing your hair pink, that way you can cover all the bases.

You need braces for this to work.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
Haha :notch: you beautiful bastard http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12597070416/zing

On a more relevant note, who else is excited for Minecraft's release tomorrow? Its pretty cool that by tomorrow Minecraft will have no more bugs and will be a polished work of art. I mean, its been in beta 2.5 years, I'm sure they've got all the problems ironed out.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

QUACKING PERMABANNED! READ HERE

~SMcD

Narciss posted:

Haha :notch: you beautiful bastard http://notch.tumblr.com/post/12597070416/zing

On a more relevant note, who else is excited for Minecraft's release tomorrow? Its pretty cool that by tomorrow Minecraft will have no more bugs and will be a polished work of art. I mean, its been in beta 2.5 years, I'm sure they've got all the problems ironed out.

Did you build a functioning time machine? The official release is on the 18th and today is the 10th. :raise:

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

JohnDonovanLiver posted:

Notch is going to do so much cheating on his new wife this weekend.

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Vatek posted:

Did you build a functioning time machine? The official release is on the 18th and today is the 10th. :raise:

I thought he was doing an 11/11/11 release? I bet Bethesda is glad he changed the date, I wouldn't want to be releasing Skyrim against a game like Minecraft.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

Narciss posted:

I thought he was doing an 11/11/11 release? I bet Bethesda is glad he changed the date, I wouldn't want to be releasing Skyrim against a game like Minecraft.

I don't know where you read that, but it's been announced for months now that the official release will coincide with Minecon and it runs from the 18th-19th.

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

Well, I pre-ordered skyrin but already own minecraft. I guess notch wins?

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster

Vatek posted:

I don't know where you read that, but it's been announced for months now that the official release will coincide with Minecon and it runs from the 18th-19th.

http://notch.tumblr.com/post/4423138657/11-11-11

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Vatek posted:

Minecon was also going to be on the 11th until he changed the date. If you don't keep up with MC news it's pretty easy to think those details hadn't changed.

E: ^^^ :mad:

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

Speaking of MineCon, the official trailer for it has been uploaded. It features HatFilms, the Yogscast, Mojang, Steve and hundreds of players! My skin's actually in the trailer but you'd have to watch the behind the scenes video to see the nameplate.

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
So is 'Steve' the name they've given to the default skin or something?

Cheap Shot
Aug 15, 2006

Help BIP learn gun?

Waldorf Sixpence posted:

So is 'Steve' the name they've given to the default skin or something?

Yup.

I actually liked that video. Kinda neat.

tinaun
Jun 9, 2011

tell me...
So this is interesting. You will be unable to sleep in beds if there are monsters nearby, but you cannot be woken up during sleep by them.

What do you think of the change?

Edit: clarified.

tinaun fucked around with this message at 19:41 on Nov 10, 2011

FPzero
Oct 20, 2008

Game Over
Return of Mido

That is so much better. I completely approve.

The Triumphant
Sep 2, 2011

Yeah, I've seen Robocop. Bitches, leave.

tinaun posted:

So this is interesting.

As long as they configure it so that I can still sleep in my home if there's monsters outside it.

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

tinaun posted:

So this is interesting. You will be unable to sleep in beds if there are monsters nearby, but you cannot be woken up during sleep by them.
So now creepers can watch you sleep.

Standing there, next to your bed, just...staring down at you silently with those dark, empty eyes. Waiting, perhaps.

Only occasionally, a soft sssssss is heard.

:ohdear:

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

tinaun posted:

I still think the Somnia mod (I think that's its name) got it right. It actually simulates the world while you sleep so that crops grow furnaces smelt, and if a spider can get to your sleeping rear end then you get bit.

Sure, sleep isn't instantaneous then, but sleep then also works like it "should," with monsters only getting to you if they actually CAN get to you.

Iacen
Mar 19, 2009

Si vis pacem, para bellum

MMAgCh posted:

So now creepers can watch you sleep.

Standing there, next to your bed, just...staring down at you silently with those dark, empty eyes. Waiting, perhaps.

Only occasionally, a soft sssssss is heard.

:ohdear:

badomen
Mar 8, 2004

The Triumphant posted:

As long as they configure it so that I can still sleep in my home if there's monsters outside it.

One of Jeb's tweets said you wouldn't be able to sleep with monsters outside because of their constant moaning.

Vatek
Nov 4, 2009

~SMcD

badomen posted:

One of Jeb's tweets said you wouldn't be able to sleep with monsters outside because of their constant moaning.

New crafting recipe: earplugs.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

badomen posted:

:rolleyes:

I'll just go outside with my stone sword and take care of the five skeletons pushing up against my door. Also I have no food and 3 hearts left.

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

badomen posted:

So what this change means is "beds are worthless" right?

I mean, the whole point of sleeping the night away is because there are monsters outside at night.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I guess it really depends on how 'nearby' nearby is.

Balon
May 23, 2010

...my greatest work yet.
^^^ Bingo

Depends on what "nearby" means. If you've got a zombie knocking on your door have your bed upstairs or underground by ~10 blocks and take a nap.

MisterBibs
Jul 17, 2010

dolla dolla
bill y'all
Fun Shoe
Is there anything I'm missing, with regards to keeping chickens from escaping? I made a reasonably-sized chicken fence, but somehow the beasts are able to escape!

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*
^^^^ Too many chickens can push each other around. Try making the fence two blocks high.

Balon posted:

Depends on what "nearby" means. If you've got a zombie knocking on your door have your bed upstairs or underground by ~10 blocks and take a nap.

Knowing Minecraft, it'll probably be 2 chunks in each direction. You know, kind of like how a zombie pops out of you like a chestburster if your bed is next to a wall, the door was open at one point, the door's hinge is on the wrong side, a corner's missing on your walls, or just because the game felt like it.

Slum Loser
May 6, 2011
Isn't a bed really just there to change respawn from the default location? I like my default location and all, but some of my poo poo is 3000 or more blocks from spawn and kiting creepers to explode mountains/anything can be dangerous. Using a bed for anything else than a respawn point for mass suicide adventures is missing the point.

Yeah I used to try and farm gunpowder... building poo poo typically exhausts my tedium threshold, though.

I wish animals would have some kind of respawn rate. So much empty land.

Apex Rogers
Jun 12, 2006

disturbingly functional

lizzyinthesky posted:

4 months of vacation a year is pretty rough, he needs at least 8 if he wants to work out.

Find that one spergloard's calendar of notch's work/vacation/bm schedule and blow it up onto some posterboard. Bam, perfect for the Minecon crowd.

Mr. Gibbycrumbles
Aug 30, 2004

Do you think your paladin sword can defeat me?

En garde, I'll let you try my Wu-Tang style
Hmmm, I have my bed directly under a glass ceiling that in turn sits under a huge elevated gravity-kill mob farm that drops an endless payload of hot steaming mobs from a massive height to splatter on top of the glass. I find it relaxing.

I hope the new bed code won't interfere with this.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

Hmmm, I have my bed directly under a glass ceiling that in turn sits under a huge elevated gravity-kill mob farm that drops an endless payload of hot steaming mobs from a massive height to splatter on top of the glass. I find it relaxing.

I hope the new bed code won't interfere with this.

This idea. I am taking it. Soon I shall fall asleep to the gentle sounds of falling mobs as well.

Besides I've completed my hideously unethical potion experimentation already.

Fun side note, undead are immune to harm potions. Or at least, they were as of Pre 9.4.

PalmTreeFun
Apr 25, 2010

*toot*

The Snark posted:

Fun side note, undead are immune to harm potions. Or at least, they were as of Pre 9.4.

It's that whole "revive kills undead" thing. Health potions will hurt skeletons and zombies, and poison heals spiders. Instant hurt heals the undead but works like you'd expect on creepers and spiders.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

I just noticed that according to Jens' twitter, they wanted to buy Optifine and integrate it into the Minecraft code, but couldn't agree on the cost with the mod maker. :bang:

Damnit, Minecraft really could have used those improvements.

MikeJF fucked around with this message at 00:47 on Nov 11, 2011

Edoraz
Nov 20, 2007

Takin ova da world :cool:

MikeJF posted:

I just noticed that according to Jens' twitter, they wanted to buy Optifine and integrate it into the Minecraft code, but couldn't agree on the cost with the mod maker. :bang:

Mod Maker is a goon, if I remember right. Probably told him the price is gently caress you and some change of get bent.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

MikeJF posted:

They implemented high res textures by default, didn't they? I do seem to recall seeing that.
I know Optifine is more than just that, though.

AlexMoron
Jul 28, 2007

Edoraz posted:

Mod Maker is a goon, if I remember right. Probably told him the price is gently caress you and some change of get bent.

You're thinking of OptiMine. That was by Scaevolus who is indeed a goon. I don't know what happened in the transfer over to OptiFine, but it seems to be some money-hungry MCF user (given the fact that all of the links for OptiFine are AdF.ly links, and now this) has taken over.

Arkitektbmw
Jun 22, 2010

MikeJF posted:

This is why we should form a group. A group that Mojang could call if they ever run into this problem. A group that makes these problems into non-problems...with fire.

edit: of course I mean sit down and have a chat in front of a campfire!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vib Rib
Jul 23, 2007

God damn this shit is
fuckin' re-dic-a-liss

🍖🍖😛🍖🍖
The guy has a chance to make a huge difference for everyone playing, get recognition among millions, and even make money off it.
And he turns it down because it's not enough.