Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Iacen posted:

And now I imagine the Xperia Play version being playable on the PS Vita also, which is just too awesome to imagine.

I doubt it. Unless Sony has decided to make the Vita compatible with Android.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

toiletbrush posted:

Last night Minecraft's titlescreen text was 'verlet integration!'...is this a new one? Does it mean Notch is adding a better physics engine? Ragdoll mobs would be awesome!

Way way way back notch talked a lot about adding in ragdoll for player and mob deaths but nothing ever came of it sadly (and obviously)

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Hadlock posted:

Looks like the Adventure Update (i.e. 1.8)is going to have a :siren:live demo today:siren: around

3:30pm PST / 6:30pm CST / 12:30am(?) GMT

http://mojang.com/2011/08/25/pax-2011-schedule/

1.8 public release as of yet unannounced

Ooh, exciting! But I think your timezones are wrong. 3:30 pm PST seems to be 6:30 EST and 10:30 GMT and therefore 12:30 am CST? if I remember the Dota2 tournaments correctly.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

What are those three four textures at the bottom of the terrain.png next to the block-break animation?

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 06:29 on Sep 1, 2011

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Monicro posted:

Has anyone else been having trouble with screenshots? I took a bunch on the SMP server I play on, but when I went to upload them to imgur I found out they were all garbled messes, like this one:

What the hell? Does anyone know what's wrong, and how to fix it? :confused:

How are you taking these screenshots?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Actually I'm pretty sure it's gonna use the wood block texture just like the normal fence.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Uh, yeah?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Oh no, it definitely looks like a nasty-rear end 64px texture pack.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Dang, it totally looks like ruins, cracked stone blocks and mossy stone blocks are definitely not in this update. I had completely forgot about them in the first place but so far I can't find anything else Mojang have actively shown us then removed.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Walrus Pete posted:

8 and 3 make capital Bs and Es, but 1 makes a lowercase L. Unacceptable. :colbert:

No silly, it's boobies

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

It'll probably be fixed in the real 1.9 but you can always build a cute little roof over your tracks

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I feel like if he bumped down the texture resolution by half it'd fit better in the ~*~`minecraft universe`~*~ :gay:

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Nice! I made one last year!

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Bellend Sebastian posted:

I've been farming Endermen in The End, the easiest way to kill them (along with the knockback enchant on my sword) is look only at their legs / feet and attack them, they don't teleport if you're not looking at them. Makes them pretty loving easy. :D

Can you take your spoils back to the real world?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Hadlock posted:

How stable have the 1.9 versions been? Are snow biomes confirmed for the final version?

Completely stable. Yes.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Not a bug, bro, sorry.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Crosscontaminant posted:

Yeah. Beats having murderTARDISes every ten feet, like we did before.

Wonderful. loving modder illuminati just wants to gently caress my beautiful server over with hundreds of quad-ball dicks. Do they think it's funny? DO THEY? I'm on to them

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

only thing it's a hybrid of is dumb and also stupid

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

There's probably not enough ram in the computer he's using. Luckily that's an easy fix. If you're not sure what to get, take a picture of the ram and we'll figure it out for you or something.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Are the potions of Enchanting new? I haven't seen them before and they're pretty cool -- throw them and they break open to reveal those Level Up Orbs or whatever you call them.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Oh my loving god not that again.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Estel posted:

My house is now a fort:

Nice little castle, dude! I've been making a couple small castles myself and was thinking of starting a little competition, actually. I would love to see who can cram the most stuff into the smallest space (specifically 16x16 -- up to 18x18 for greebles) with the most character.

Anyway, here are mine:

The first is a pretty classically styled castle.

Here's the top-down view, it's pretty simple.

It's got a house,

...Which of course is fully furnished.

And a farm.

And animals.

A parapet from which to defend against intruders.

And a goddam wizard's tower! duh!

My second castle isn't really a castle, however. I decided to go with a more Islamic influence and have it completely open.

What's this then? Stairs?

Ooooh! funky!

Yes, it's like some sort of underground altar/throneroom.

In fact, it's a nether-portal!

So yeah, there's some castles. I highly recommend some of you guys try the same with my parameters, it's pretty darn fun.

edit: oh yeah, the texture pack i'm using is the Eld Pack

Fayez Butts fucked around with this message at 20:49 on Feb 2, 2012

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Gentwise posted:

They really must spend time coming up with the most useless poo poo they could add.

Good lord you're a loving child.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Upside-down slabs and stairs do their thing when you place them on the underside of another block. I can't figure out any other way to place them.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

YOURFRIEND posted:

I just downloaded this snapshot thing and stuck the .jar into my minecraft folder. I thought there was a giant biome worldgen option in it? That's actually the whole reason I downloaded it.

Click on the Worldtype button in More Options

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

WHOIS John Galt posted:

I'm confused why the wiki page on building houses for NPCs seems to take so much effort to calculate the number of logs/planks used.

Because Autism

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

your dev-texture bitching may be all in the past. Apparently Eld, maker of Minecraft's best texture pack has been hired by Mojang. That said, I can't find any substantiating evidence besides congratulatory posts on the forums.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Squirrelo posted:

They really need to up the pixel count to at least 32x32. 16x16 textures just look ugly after using any of the higher count ones. Just take dokucraft for instance.

Yeah, don't get me wrong, Dokucraft is loving gorgeous, but I guess I just like the big pixel aesthetic.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

If you want to change your name you probably have to buy another account.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Jamesman posted:

I use an HD texture pack and I see no problems with it.

Normal, yucky Minecraft. Blech.

Misa's Realistic Texture Pack (64x). Yay!

Um, that looks terrible. All realistic texture packs look like a dog's nutsack.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

wyoming posted:

I also made a long rambling prep video, though mostly I'm just showing off world. (double mob grinder and redstone madness!)

This is an amazing world. Everyone needs to watch this video.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

ToastyPotato posted:

My grass is doing a funky 2 colored thing since patching.

Check your graphics settings.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Add a bunch of trees and grass and roads and poo poo.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

jivjov posted:

God, can you imagine trying to figure out Redstone when it was brand new? "Yeah, this blocky mining/building game now has electrical circuits"

It has the same logic it always has, people picked it up pretty darn quickly from what I remember. It's not like they invented a new coding language or some poo poo with redstone, all of the gates and like theories existed before redstone.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

A shrubbery! posted:

I got Minecraft way back in the initial alpha, but I haven't played it in probably a couple of years. What's new since the Ender stuff?

http://minecraft.gamepedia.com/Version_history

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Pledge $10,000 or more

5 backers All gone!

All previous (including walk on role in Shadow of Israphel) + 'Have lunch with the Yogscast!' You and a guest will be invited to join Simon, Lewis and members of the development team to talk about the game, SoI, the finer points of Jaffa Cake consumption and anything/everything else! You will also get the opportunity to pick up some exclusive swag, pose for pictures with the gang (we suggest practicing voguing and your 'Blue Steel' look in advance) and have the greatest (lunch)time of your life! The event can be scheduled either during this year's E3 in Los Angeles, California or later this year in Bristol, England. You will need to provide your own travel arrangements.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Ten Thousand Cunting Dollars and you don't get a loving plane ticket.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Banners?

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

I mixed a few of your designs and came up with this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

Daylight sensor actually. I don't think it does anything but it's a little bit shorter than the slab and what Jamesman used. Resource pack is called Conquest_.zip (v5.0). I can't tell you any more because I probably haven't played Minecraft in over a year.