Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Sorry for the newbie question. I've tried google to get the answer for this but I keep getting conflicting information. I've recently started playing this and when I first started the place where I started building my base was green with rain and stuff. Recently winter seems to have set in. All the grass and trees are a duller green, and the snow doesn't seem to be stopping any time soon. It's been ongoing for like the past 4 or 5 real world days now. Is this seasonal? Will the snow eventually stop? Because I'm sick of it already.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene
Jesus christ can we just agree that Vib Rib is terrible at the game and move on to talking about something else? Him whining endlessly about losing a few diamonds or stacks of iron because he was too stupid to put them in a chest before he started exploring the subterranean lava lake and how this makes the penalty "unnecessarily punitive" isn't going to convince mojang to add the feature to the game.

Install a mod, play on peaceful, or start building a loving chest now and then when you're at the bottom of a cave.

monkeu
Jun 1, 2000

by Reene

Vib Rib posted:

:stare:

I never said the game was too hard. I never said I died too much, or that most players do. I was just making a case for the option to change the penalty of death to something less extreme.
I don't see what damage an option would do to the people who would choose to play without it. Would it bother you that much to know that people out there are playing on an 'easier' setting than you?

What bothers me is that you've been going on and on about this for the last 5 pages now, as if you're suddenly going to convince everyone in the thread that building a chest and dropping your rare items in it every now and then, or just not falling into the lava and losing all your stuff is some ridiculously hard feat that requires mojang to code in a less "unnecessarily punitive" punishment just for you.

We get it, you really don't like losing your stuff. You've made your case, we've heard it, we still can't change it. Life would be wonderful if every game everyone played had every option that they personally might enjoy. Unfortunately that's not how it works. Let's move on.