Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Schweinhund posted:

If I screwed anything up or missed any (very likely) let me know.
I'd say Chronobashers Grizwald Maps deserve a spot on that list

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Iacen posted:

I'm trying to recreate the lighthouse design from this site: http://www.kevblog.co.uk/minecraft-piston-lighthouse/

By following the picture, I can make the bottom of the lighthouse to work, as it should be identical to the top, but I can't figure out how to get the current to go up to the top, not to mention where to place the button that starts the entire thing.
I think the video attached blast through the wiring too quickly, so that doesn't exactly help me.

There shouldn't really be any complex wiring for this. I whipped these up quickly, hopefully it helps. for the bottom layer:

The button can go wherever really, as long as it leads into that bottom corner and the dirt steps on the side, are how you get the redstone to the next floor.

The next floors pretty much the same:

The wire comes in from the same side it did on the bottom floor, via the steps.

I tried this out and it seemed to work fine for me.

Edit: I just noticed I'm missing one piece of redstone between the two repeaters on the far left, but by the sounds of things, you already had that part of the wiring down anyway. (also two of my pistons in the second picture are facing the wrong way :shobon:)

Insanity Prawn fucked around with this message at 11:24 on Aug 18, 2011

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Epileptic Nazi posted:

Also I dig this strange hexagonal texture pack of yours. (is it yours?)
That would be the Sphax PureBDCraft Pack

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

skinny white boy posted:

You people and your chasms. I'm too busy building the lighthouse on the edge of an ocean that was never possible. Wonder if I can make a spinning light source at the top.

I was thinking about having a block of lava surrounded by glass which has pistons pushing blocks in a circle around the lava. Not sure if that will work but that's the idea.

I made something like this before, using this. It's a similar idea, but uses glowstone instead of lava. It was fairly simple to get working.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Is there something wrong with the endermen at the moment? I've stood directly in front of a bunch of them, with my crosshairs right over them and none aggro'd me.

VVVV That would do it.

Insanity Prawn fucked around with this message at 11:10 on Sep 15, 2011

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Vib Rib posted:

I want to point out that the stats all have a colon in them, not a decimal point.
They aren't listed values. They're times. What does it mean?

According to the minecraft wiki, there are Potion effects defined in minecraft. And judging by the bottle in the picture, it seems like you'll be able to craft potions to boost stats for a while.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
For the first point at least you can change the gamemode on the fly for individual players. I think you need to be an admin, but you just type in '/gamemode playername 1', minus the quotes. (1 is for creative, 0 is for survival).

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

MustangCharlie posted:

It's been a while since I last played Minecraft, I think I last played 1.5, but is the Adventure mode implemented yet? I remember hearing talk of quests and NPCs, but I'm a little skeptical as to whether these features have made it yet.

There's villages with NPCs but they don't do anything, at all. And no adventure mode as of yet.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Iacen posted:

I've been wondering about if it was possible that Minecraft would at one point include paint.
Like, you'd be able to apply all the regular colors to all block types (possibly via some sort of semi-transparent image on the tile set?). A normal unit of dye would color a single block, while dye combined with a water bucket would last... 20 blocks or so.

Would there be any technical reasons why a set-up like this couldn't work? Because it would be an awesome addition and I would love to paint all my buildings in funky colors!

I remember seeing a mod a while back that added in paint, it looked pretty cool.
Edit: yeah, here it is

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

simosimo posted:

Is that Sphax? That texture pack needs to be some game's default texture pack, it's fantastic.
Yeah it is. It's my go to texture for minecraft and it looks amazing in duffys game.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Isn't there an interview with the 12-year-old who wrote this? I'm not trying to be sarcastic, wasn't the dude really young?

I agree completely with Enzer in that I don't dislike Notch, and don't tend to bitch about this game that much (hey, I've been playing it for years now, what does that say about it?), but jesus, that ending... it's eye-roll inducing, each and every time.

It's hard for me to even picture someone being ok with putting this in the game, but it was done.

The guy who wrote the ending is Julian Gough...He's 46

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Cervixalot posted:

What are the cheapest and most reliable MC server hosts these days? Haven't played in awhile and a friend and I are itching to set up an MP server to dick around on.

akliz is pretty cheap, and also goon run.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Colonel J posted:

I'd definitely LOVE to participate in an Ultra Hardcore match. I'm not sure if the map they are using is too big, maybe it would work better with a smaller map?

I'm also not sure I like the fact that you can see other player's names through walls. It feels pretty cheaty.

It could be good to "prepare" maps, either putting down traps or treasures for players to find, hide some tnt for example could make for interesting PVP.

Yeah, an ultra hardcore match sounds like it could be a lot of fun and would be something that would get me back into playing minecraft again.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Macaluso posted:

Ummm if you watched the video you would see that Simon spent all the money on Jaffo cakes
Joffo cakes :goonsay:

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Season 5 is gonna be FFA with 15 people, that should be interesting. So many videos I'm gonna have to watch :ohdear:

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
There's also a terrible ending!

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Iacen posted:

If I had the knowledge, I'd make that mod. I've been thinking about it for some time and it's really something that could spice up the world. Green stones, pink-ish obsidian and blue dirt blocks. I could be living in an ever changing technicolor world!

If fairly sure I've seen a mod that did this awhile back.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

D34THROW posted:

Wait, 4? I know of this one, the modding thread, and the UHC thread. Please tell me the other one's a server thread.

There's the XBOX minecraft thread too, I guess.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
The UI they have on the xbox version is way better for crafting. It lists all the items you can make, and shows you what you need to make it, but you don't have to work out the stupid patterns and poo poo out yourself. Plus it has an actual tutorial and tool tips and stuff.

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
I wouldn't say any of the clones out there are better than minecraft at the moment, though there are some promising looking ones in developement (like duffys Kleaveland, mentioned on the last page).

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!
Yeah, bdubs had a great episode, I love how zisteau's been changing it up, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Insanity Prawn
Jul 17, 2007
Hooray for moon jesus!

Fuego Fish posted:

Zisteau's first episode made me irrationally angry because he spends about 10 minutes complaining about needing to find coal when he literally found some the first hole he dug.

edit: and episode two aaargh aaaaaaaaargh Zisteau how do you not know how basic features of Minecraft work

I only watched his two most recent ones, but Id say they kinda make up for that.