Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Polka_Rapper posted:

I was disappointed to find torches did not stick to glass, so I improvised.

Any reason you didn't just put the torches on the ground?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Polka_Rapper posted:

The floor, walls, and ceiling are all glass. It doesn't really matter though.

Oh, I didn't notice that. Definitely look into getting some glowstone, then. It might make a good floor, if you don't feel like loving around with the exterior to your tunnel.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

ArfJason posted:

all the redstone talk really got me into trying my hand at it. I tried to make a door that opens with a lever, with the cables hidden under the ground.
Didn't work because redstone placement is :wtc:

Did you use a redstone torch? Because that's pretty necessary.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

runsamok posted:

The first Minecraft video I ever saw was a crazy minecart ride through a treehouse, all using Frenden's pack. I promptly shelled out for an Alpha copy, loaded up the defaults and my eyes cried out in anguish.

Sphax is the awesome. I want to be as far, far away from the default textures as artistically possible. Most of the defaults are an affront to nature and I applaud all the hardcore Technic Pack users who build giant spergy monstrosities while their eyes are being savaged by the worst pixel art Scandinavia has to offer.

Eh, it's not that bad. SMP's pack has a lot of textures related to Technic, so it's mostly a matter of editing one IndustrialCraft 2 texture image with a custom one to get a full SMP texture out of it.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Hamiltonian Bicycle posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7KsYw6M7os

Best I could do with my machine's limited resources.

The best part of this video is the significant decrease in lag as the chicken count falls.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

The Triumphant posted:

I just made a practice run of the quantum chicken collider, and I've got two things.

One, I am so, so proud of the simple idea had for disposal-- pull a lever and the floor slides out, dumping all the chickens into lava (I know it's pretty simple but I'm relatively new to Minecraft and still learning how to do stuff with pistons and such). It's so beautiful just to hear a sizzle and the mess of clucking goes silent.

Second, can the chickens glitch through the glass or am i not throwing my eggs well enough? Because I look up and there's some chickens wandering around outside the glass column. The freedom of chickens is an insult to me. I'd put them all in lava-friers.

Did you make sure your glass wall is 2 thick? They can phase through single-block walls apparently.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Lucid Dream posted:

I dunno, do you feel like you are getting a tiny fraction of a pizza or two's worth of fun out of the mod? If some dude is dedicated, talented and spergy enough to make a mod that people want enough that he can earn a pizza or two from it why not give him the few seconds it takes to click past an ad without complaining about it? If you're getting viruses or something stupid then I would understand but its like some of you guys literally don't appreciate the work that goes into making a mod.

You joke, but some people actually have received malware from Ad.fly.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I can't wait for the next Israpony video. Their horrible bumbling was hilarious in a way that only the Yogscast can manage. Also Technic is neat, I want to see how they manage to gently caress it up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
Alternatively, the bunkbeds have them too close to the roof. Peculier and Honeydew started suffocating when they woke up, after all.