Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

I've got a question that maybe someone can help out with. We have a SMP server that we started on 1.5.1 that we upgraded to 1.7.3 when it came out a while back. Ever since the upgrade to 1.7.3, parts of the world have been slowly freezing over. At first we thought it was limited and it may have been something odd with Biomes (as we've been seeing odd chunk creation as well), but as of the last couple of days, the entire world has slowly been freezing entirely. I feel like a Stark or something. Anyway, is this a known issue or just a really odd unique occurrence? is it possible to fix?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

crazylakerfan posted:

I don't what is causing it or how to fix it, but if you aren't building a giant wall to keep the zombies out, you are a terrible person

Way ahead of you.

How does one lose your original seed?

Slio
Jan 17, 2009

badomen posted:

There seems to be a bug where your original seed gets lost - and thus the biomes get shifted around. This happened on one of my multiplayer worlds too.

That seemed to be it. Was more than likely caused by one of the multiple power outages we've had in the last 2 weeks. Pulled the seed from a backup and that looks to have fixed it. Glad too, hard to build a city on water when everything is frozen. Though it makes the wall have a purpose at least.