Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

zerocrash
Apr 14, 2009

Mr. Gibbycrumbles posted:

I'd have liked a game that's somewhere between Creative and Survival.

Mining, crafting and resource management etc. should all be there, as should mortality and the threat of death from mobs, lava and all that. However - I want to be able to fly around to make building less sodding annoying (craftable jetpacks?). I want resource collection to be less goddamn tedious (faster mining, carry more stuff, craft mechanisms to make mining faster, more automated etc.)

Basically I'd like a minecraft where you can build huge complex structures whilst still being a game with risks and rewards.

There's probably a mod for that but I'm way too bored with MC now to care about getting back into it.

This is how I feel as well and is why I tend to stop playing months at a time. I think my biggest gripe with the game is just how slow mining blocks is. Especially when it comes to things like obsidian. It's not fun to sit there for 15 seconds for every block of it you want. Sure you can make a mold, but it doesn't make it any less time consuming unless you really want to carry a load of buckets around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU