Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Won't pork chops still heal you instantly, but in addition you will have health regeneration as long as your hunger gauge is almost full? That's pretty sensible in my opinion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Tw1tchy posted:

Minecraft 1.8 trailer is now out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYoO9XkCCHg

The trailer is not very good at presenting the new features.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Yeah, I'm also pretty excited.

Wipl there be a way to switch between creative and survival mode? Or maybe a way to import the map?

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
I want to have a 'shovel of creeper slaying +10'. :3:

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Polo-Rican posted:

Extreme option: Take a note from Demon's Souls. Every time the player dies, the "world tendency" shifts towards black. As the world tendency darkens, more enemies (especially endermen) spawn, random biomes become infested with blight, and it rains more often. To shift the world tendency back towards white, craft 4 diamonds and a redstone torch into an Enlightening Gem.

This and permadeath would be neat alternative difficulty settings.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Man, just make a chest before you try doing anything risky. You always have enough material to make a chest in your inventory. Risk vs reward is fine as it is now.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Reception bars? Nothing is known about anything that could use those, right? Man, I hope the update is released soon.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
But does eating food still restore hearts while filling your hunger bar?

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Pucklynn posted:

Okay, I have a question.

I've noticed several people in this thread talk about how they start a new world, play for a few hours and have a full set of diamond armor and tools (or close to it). I started a world two nights ago, spent six hours each evening playing, and FINALLY got a grand total of five diamonds and enough obsidian to get to the nether for the first time. I now have a couple stacks of glowstone and netherrack. I've owned this game for close to a year now.

How do you guys do it? In my game I just walled off the entrance to the cave I was working in, turned off monsters, and just mined constantly just to get to where I am, and that took twelve hours. I'm pretty sure I'm playing this game completely wrong.

Dig down to around 14-20 blocks above bedrock and start stripmining.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Wingless posted:

There is a pretty horrifying creature held at the SCP Foundation that functions a lot like this. It is large, bulky and vaguely humanoid, it is kept in a sealed room and cannot do any harm as long as someone is constantly staring at it. The instant someone isn't looking at it it will bolt across the intervening space with impossible speed and snap the neck of the nearest person.

I can't remember what number though, sorry.

SCP-173
http://www.scp-wiki.net/scp-173

video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBLIAasOfxk

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Notch is an idiot savant of game design.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Yeah, risking $10 (not $20 though) if you die would make everything more intense. I'd try it at least once.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Arkitektbmw posted:

I didn't imagine there'd be this many people who dislike him. (It's cuz he's not a goon huh?)

Are you serious? There is nothing a goon hates more than another goon.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Sneaksie Taffer posted:

Did you know that chickens are both particles and waves?

I don't see any interference. Chickens are particles.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Trivial ideas are worthless.

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot
Notch trolling his playerbase like a boss. Once again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hungry Gerbil
Jun 6, 2009

by angerbot

Narciss posted:

New tweet from Notch (don't worry, not Minecon drama related):

https://twitter.com/#!/notch/status/140128085411495937

So is Notch getting banned from SA now?