Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

tofes posted:

I have an extra copy of the game now if anyone wants it for :10bux:

Yes can we iron out the details in the morning?

steamid is Woofington.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Can anyone recommend some good seeds? Other than gargamel etc.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Monicro posted:

I haven't been keeping up on 1.8 but I don't get how Endermen work. From what I can see, they teleport to you if you're looking away, but they stay still if you're looking at them but they also attack you? How the hell does that work?

If you make eye-contact with the enderman he will attack you as soon as you break contact.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

rinski posted:

This is a cool idea that is nearly ruined by reminding everyone of the space phase at the end of Spore.

I was literally going to post this word for word. Are you me?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Wasn't the first part of 1.8 supposed to come out today.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
So I have an asus 1215b netbook. Minecraft runs decently on it but I wanted to install optifine. The problem is when I install optifine and launch my game, after I log in I just get stuck at a black screen. Any ideas?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

ZShakespeare posted:

1. did you delete the META-INF folder from within the minecraft.jar?
2. are you using the classic optifine, or multithreaded? I've had issues with the multithreaded version.

The latest optifine makes minecraft run acceptably on my eee pc 1001px

Thank you that did it! (deleting meta-inf)

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Zorak posted:

I'm pretty sure there are tumbleweeds in that screenshot guys. Pretty sure that's new.

Unless they already announced some kind of sand-growing desert tree and I missed that.

Those desert shrubs? They are in the game right now...

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

lenocinor posted:

(just now on Twitter)

Would be better if they tinged the water too.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Losing items on death is one of the best features in minecraft.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
I think Vib Rib has modded so much minecraft he now feels entitled to its direction.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
This all falls into specialization versus total customization. A game takes a certain direction and while it is in an unfinished alpha it may have some significant appeal to some but while the game gets defined more and more some people are going to love it more while others feel left behind. However customizing the game to a ridiculous level will never happen because this is the direction the game designers meant since the beginning.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
I spawned on a new world and holy hell I am in love with these plains! I know thats a weird thing to say but I love it! Best friday update ever!

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Strangelet Wave posted:

Want a challenge? Generate a map with Hallelujah as the seed!

I think there's a tree on a tiny island due west of the spawn island. Try to swim there before you exhaust yourself and drown!

This is amazing. I am getting flashbacks to stranded!

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
When 1.8 hits I will be having a fresh no mods, only legit server. Can't wait :)

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Mastiff posted:

I crit a zombie 3 times in a row and he kept coming. I got a little afraid that I'd run into some kind of special monster. Then I realized I was wielding a baguette.

What? How do you crit things?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
So what bugs persist in SMP that do not in SP? Are endermen still bugged in SMP?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Again has enderman interaction been fixed in SMP?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Reveilled posted:

Well, I can't say for certain but I had a few of my friends shrieking in horror down a skype call because they looked at an enderman on the horizon and it promptly teleported inside their house and started killing the gently caress out of them.

Cool thanks. Since this is the pre-release and therefore temporary, here is a server for nothing but chaotic shenanigans:

removed and moved to PGS

No rules, have fun.

Senator Woofington fucked around with this message at 08:02 on Sep 15, 2011

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

FatalT posted:

Welp I was having fun until Fox joined the server, caused a Creeper to blow up my house, and then killed me. Done with that!

Sorry to hear about that, I can make you an OP and you can kick/ban people as you see fit.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
So I opped and deopped people. For now there are still no rules I guess but me and a friend were playing pure survival (which is now wickedly fun). Endermen still don't work in SMP :(

However we did start on a new world from a funny seed I tried. We started on a small island and decided to go north, this was our journey. Holy poo poo.

I think it took something like 7 days of pure sailing. Awesome.

That tip at the left is the main piece of land we found, a sprawling forest. It might not look it but that little section is HUGE.

Senator Woofington fucked around with this message at 08:54 on Sep 14, 2011

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Dr. Video Games 0031 posted:

I want to see a full ocean crossing. From one continent to another.

I kinda feel like islands are too frequent.

I dunno, looking at that map it looks like there was more land than it felt like on the journey. I swear we wouldn't see land forever and then we'd see a tiny little plot of dirt. I kind of like it like that, otherwise its just too plain and boring. But different strokes I guess. It still feels desolate though because most the islands are treeless. Seriously this game keeps reeling me back in.

edit: our coordinates were 14,000+ in one direction.
double edit: The seed is "A brand new place I never knew" without the quotes.

Senator Woofington fucked around with this message at 08:58 on Sep 14, 2011

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Arkitektbmw posted:

Gawd dangit, you guys were sailing that entire time?

That's awesome! I think I went the exact opposite direction as you guys. My island is the farthest bottom section.

Yeah you must have travelled for about a day. I'm gonna leave you OP'd make sure people don't poo poo up the server too bad.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
My server will be updated. We will be using the same waterworld map unless I get a lot of resistancee to that idea.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Nenonen posted:

I saw a tree on a little island just to the south (render distance far). That's enough to build a boat - you call that hard?

(but it is a vast ocean I'll grant you that)

Are you using my seed and if not can I have your seed?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Vatek posted:

Anybody have a seed that spawns you in the middle of a giant desert?

waterworld

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Does anyone have a seed of a waterworld with slightly larger, maybe biome-ey islands?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
How do I clone maps other than using the give command?

edit: Are slimes still MIA?

Senator Woofington fucked around with this message at 08:00 on Sep 15, 2011

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Insanity Prawn posted:

Is there something wrong with the endermen at the moment? I've stood directly in front of a bunch of them, with my crosshairs right over them and none aggro'd me.

They still don't work right in SMP.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
I just really like the gen from a map perspective in these new worlds:

Speaking of maps how do I clones maps in smp?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Dr. VooDoo posted:

So I have a little problem that's a bit strange with my server. The spawn point on my server has randomly changed places :psyduck: It now spawns us, when we die with no bed, in the middle of a desert by a NPC village instead of a pinewood forest by the town we started to build. Anyone know what caused it and if I can fix it?

Dunno but the same thing just happened with our server too. I had to manually change the spawn back to where it was, it was offset by about 200 blocks. And now my server is down :(

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Shnakepup posted:

I didn't realize you could do this!

NBTedit is your friend. Open up your level.dat in your world folder using NBTedit. You will see SpawnX,Y and Z. Change to whatever you want, save it and replace it.

is anyone else's server going down constantly? My server has been down twice within this past hour.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Internet Kraken posted:

Wow, I'm actually pissed about this. This change adds absolutely nothing to the game and ruins a lot of the stuff I had built at bedrock. So much for my slime chamber. Is there any way I can make that fog go away inside a certain area? Expose it to sunlight or something?

It actually makes cave exploration awesome so screw you.
edit: There will so be a mod to remove this don't even worry.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Here is the crash log I am getting from my server: http://pastebin.com/RRHvdP7G . Any ideas?

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

fondue posted:

No ideas but I'm getting the same damned error at random intervals.

Anyone have the link to the exp orb killer?

Its likely not exp orbs. Jeb fixed it so they drop in doubled primes. THe most orbs you would drop are like 10.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Hunger bar own because it allows me to go caving a million times longer!

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh

Taffer posted:

Someone is shift-clicking in chests on your server. Tell them to stop it. I got this crash like 5 times and it was always someone doing this.

I guess I should update my server. :v:

Thanks for this!!! I didn't realize the 1.8.1 wasn't just for clients.

edit: server's been updated guys, it shouldn't go down anymore!

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Question: what is the easiest way to build on the ocean? I just wanna make buoy's but the ocean floor is sometimes 30+ blocks down it takes so much material just to build up to the surface.

edit: Just realized something: Lava maybe.

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
So I built a nether gate at my castle. It took me to the nether! YAY!. Then I built a nether gate at spawn, and it took me to my first portals nether gate. WTF!? It means I can only travel one way now. How do I fix this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Senator Woofington
Aug 1, 2009

by Ozmaugh
Animals not respawning? Seriously? That's real lovely. On a side note experienced my first thunderstorm, it was awesome.